lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

B.Schuss wrote:

lowing wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

where did I actually say that it is ok to rob other people ? Come on. I clearly said that those two were criminals.
But the punishment for burglary ain't death, and it was not Mr Horn's job to decide what the appropriate punishment should be, either.
He took the law in his own hands, shot two people that had done him no harm in the back, and gets to walk off free.

What kind of justice is that ?
Those 2 fuckheads were not punished..........They didn't make it that far..........They were shot in the committance of a crime..........A dangerous game that has consequences up to and including death.  Jaywalking is not a crime punishable by death, but you can certainly get killed doing it you do it.
lowing, please. Not even a police officer would have had the right to shoot those two burglars under those circumstances.

And we're not talking about accidental death or s.th. These men are dead because someone made a conscious decision to kill them.
They were humans, just like you and me, maybe with families. Your lack of compassion saddens me.
Sorry to disappoint, I will save my compassion, not for criminals but for victims....

Although I need to concede your point about the cops, this would not have been a "clean" shooting.... I would still maintain my support for them though. Good guys 2 bad guys 0
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5835

lowing wrote:

Sorry to disappoint, I will save my compassion, not for criminals but for victims....
These guys were victims.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6714|67.222.138.85

B.Schuss wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

..There are more important things in life than life. If you don't recognize that, I would like to know how you justify war, high-risk jobs, poor food, getting out of bed in the morning, all of it.
maybe you're right from a philosophical point of view ( the bigger picture, and all of that ), but as an indivdual, I don't see anything that is more important than my life. Because if I don't have that, I have nothing. Literally.
There is no difference between a philosophical view and what you put in practice. Why do you unnecessarily risk your life if your life is the only thing that matters is your life?

ZombieVampire! wrote:

lowing wrote:

These guys were victims.
My goodness you actually feel sorry for the criminals.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5835

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

lowing wrote:

These guys were victims.
For criminals who were killed in cold blood, yes.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6402|The Gem Saloon

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

These guys were victims.
THANK YOU!

i was starting to think my morals were slipping......
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

ZombieVampire! wrote:

lowing wrote:

These guys were victims.
Here is the bottomline for me:

Whenever criminals cross paths with victims, bystanders, or even good samaritans, something negative is bound to happen, I simply hope whatever it is that is going to happen, will happen to the criminals.........In this case it did.......the end
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5835
Except they didn't cross paths.  It was someone who chased them.  He could have remained in his house.  He chose not to.  He could have let them leave.  He chose not to.
Parker
isteal

lowing wrote:

I can't wait, lets see, I own firearms, I own them leagally, I practice gun safety and I teach gun safetly to my family.
thats good.
do you also teach them to shoot at burglars?
IN THE BACK?

lowing wrote:

I have a Remington 870 pump action for my primary home defense. I am not out looking for trouble, but I will do what I have to, to keep trouble from finding my family.
yay, someone that knows what kind of gun to use for home defense.
here is your "Responsible Firearm Owner" cookie.

keep trouble from finding your family....thats a good thought lowing.
so, im assuming you have an alarm on your house?

see lowing, what makes you an irresponsible firearms owner is the fact that you are willing to take peoples lives over material possessions.
do you have home owners insurance?
im fucking 26 and i have that......so i DONT have to shoot people in the back.

you arent some badass thats going to save your neighborhood. dont confuse your ignorance with firearms as a salvation for your family and those that live close. the same laws that apply on the street, apply in your house.

ignorance, plain and simple.
why would you fire a gun around your children, just over material possessions?
you speak so highly of your family, yet you are so fucking willing to put them in harms way over your couch.
like i said, it makes me sick that i can be classified in the same group as you as a firearm owner.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Except they didn't cross paths.  It was someone who chased them.  He could have remained in his house.  He chose not to.  He could have let them leave.  He chose not to.
..............and they coulda chose to not be a worthless piece of shit robber....................and they chose not to. but ya won't say that will ya?
Flaming_Maniac

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

These guys were victims.
So we should make sure that all criminals in the act of a crime are assured protection? Maybe set up a special police force that they can call beforehand for some backup to make sure no one shoots at them?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

I can't wait, lets see, I own firearms, I own them leagally, I practice gun safety and I teach gun safetly to my family.
thats good.
IN THE BACK?

lowing wrote:

I have a Remington 870 pump action for my primary home defense. I am not out looking for trouble, but I will do what I have to, to keep trouble from finding my family.

see lowing, what makes you an irresponsible firearms owner is the fact that you are willing to take peoples lives over material possessions.

you arent some badass thats going to save your neighborhood. dont confuse your ignorance with firearms as a salvation for your family and those that live close. the same laws that apply on the street, apply in your house.

you speak so highly of your family, yet you are so fucking willing to put them in harms way over your couch.
like i said, it makes me sick that i can be classified in the same group as you as a firearm owner.
Nope my kids are 10 and 11, they shoot at targets.

I am willing to shoot anyone that breaks into my home, you bet, and I do have home owners insurance. I do not care. It is called standing up for yourself, your family and your possessions.....If you feel the proper thing to do when someone breaks into your home is to help load your shit into their car, then that is your problem, myself I will choose t otry and help load the criminal into the back of an ambulance.

I am not out to save anything or anyone. I just choose to not sit by and LET myself be a victim....You however do not seem to have a problem with it. So lets do this, tell me where you live and I will come over and we can just load up all of your shit in my truck. It will be easier on all of us and hell, you got insurance anyway so you get new stuff......I am baffled as to how you do not see how fucked up that mentality of yours is. To be honest. I do not  believe you EVEN believe that bullshit.

When I pull the trigger, I will KNOW who is and who isn't in my sights pal....
Parker
isteal

lowing wrote:

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

thats good.
IN THE BACK?

lowing wrote:

I am willing to shoot anyone that breaks into my home, you bet, and I do have home owners insurance. I do not care. It is called standing up for yourself, your family and your possessions.....If you feel the proper thing to do when someone breaks into your home is to help load your shit into their car, then that is your problem, myself I will choose t otry and help load the criminal into the back of an ambulance.

I am not out to save anything or anyone. I just choose to not sit by and LET myself be a victim....You however do not seem to have a problem with it. So lets do this, tell me where you live and I will come over and we can just load up all of your shit in my truck. It will be easier on all of us and hell, you got insurance anyway so you get new stuff......I am baffled as to how you do not see how fucked up that mentality of yours is. To be honest. I do not  believe you EVEN believe that bullshit.

materialist.
plain and simple.

go on, you come over to my house. i KNOW im better with a gun than you are, and you arent stupid enough to walk up on me without one
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6692|United States of America
Hypothetical time to see what some folks here would do: In the general area of where I live there has recently been a rise of "distraction robberies" in which one crook distracts the homeowner at the front door while one or more accomplices sneak into the house and rob the joint. IRL they target the elderly, but say it happens to you.
Suppose you're at the front door chatting with the only man you know is there when you become aware of another person in your house, who you see holding your furniture not 20 feet away. Also suppose you have a firearm within easy reach (which is probably irresponsible to have one loaded near you unless it's a CCW). What action do you feel is suitable in this case?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

thats good.
IN THE BACK?

materialist.
plain and simple.

go on, you come over to my house. i KNOW im better with a gun than you are, and you arent stupid enough to walk up on me without one
You mean you would shoot me if I tried to take your shit? What happened to that notion that your shit is not worth my life?

Materialist..you bet your ass, I work hard for what I provide for my family and myself and will be damned if I am gunna sit back and let some cocksucker take it because I think his life is more valuable to me than my hard earned possessions
IRONCHEF
+385|6498|Northern California
To the Parker/Lowing argument:

An analogy/reality that keeps popping up in my head that is often used by gun rights advocates is similar to the insurance discussion you're both having..."You have car insurance, homeowners insurance, quake/fire/flood insurance, life insurance, etc...and you hope to never use it..but it's there for your protection.  THere is another insurance that protects the most important thing...your life..and it ain't 911.."  -something to that effect.

I might place myself in between Lowing and Parker's home defense plans.  WHile Lowing will simply attack and shoot an intruder..regardless of the armed or unarmed presentation of said burglar..and while Parker will follow the more conservative Mas Ayoob method of using any escape means necessary and only fire when there's no escape left...I utilize a line to be cross.  Literally, there is a line to cross in my home..it's the hallway to the bedrooms where me and my family rest.  I have a 3 week old, 3, 5, and 7 year old and my lovely bride behind me taking cover as I watch the hallway and anything that passes in front of it.  I'll issue a single threat of death if they don't leave and the "threat" of police on their way..then anything that remotely approaches the hallway...I'll "stop."  Also, this works perfectly for controlling wayward rounds as there's nothing living to hit for many hundred yards..all life of my family and neighbors are behind me (upper end corner unit).

Of course, that's just the "bump in the night" scenario..and I'm proud to say that me, the wife, and kids have actually practiced...well, mostly the wife and I...  I am armed and readied by an alarm at a random time in the night (alarm clock my wife sets) in about 15 seconds (M&P9 with weapon light on and pointed down the hall) while wife grabs cordless phone on her way out of our bedroom into the kids room next to us while I take position between the fam and the family room where everything is (small 944' condo).  I've tried to think of a fun way my wife could get the M91/30 with bayonet fixed to hold at the ready by the kids bedroom door where she is situated guarding the kids..but it's unrealistic..and would take an eye out in the dark for sure! lol

Anyway..now sure why I brought that all up.  What's important to us is the reality of that popular phrase denoting that you don't count on cops to be there in minutes when seconds count.  We have also practiced tactical drills for when we're all in the living room and someone is kicking in the door..and it's another 20 seconds or so to be in position as described above.

Such vigilance, even here in the peoples' republic of kalifornia, is required and I can't imagine why anybody would not do this themselves.  It's understandable why it's not done...we're all brainwashed/conditioned to accept that we're to be victims and dial 911 and see what happens with our lives and our loved ones...sad, but true.

lowing wrote:

Materialist..you bet your ass, I work hard for what I provide for my family and myself and will be damned if I am gunna sit back and let some cocksucker take it because I think his life is more valuable to me than my hard earned possessions
So you'd do this, and you'd end up possibly in a criminal trial defending your rights to property...and may win or lose..then you get to spend another $50k on a wrongful death suit brought by the "victim's" family....to protect your laptops, digital camera, and your PS3?  Could you maybe identify the badguy in your home, confirm if he's armed (because police profiling that suggest burglars are burglars and robbers are robbers usually is quite accurate), confirm he's alone, and then crack his skull with a baseball bat and show some favorable disparity the jury will approve of?

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-07-02 10:35:01)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

IRONCHEF wrote:

To the Parker/Lowing argument:

An analogy/reality that keeps popping up in my head that is often used by gun rights advocates is similar to the insurance discussion you're both having..."You have car insurance, homeowners insurance, quake/fire/flood insurance, life insurance, etc...and you hope to never use it..but it's there for your protection.  THere is another insurance that protects the most important thing...your life..and it ain't 911.."  -something to that effect.

I might place myself in between Lowing and Parker's home defense plans.  WHile Lowing will simply attack and shoot an intruder..regardless of the armed or unarmed presentation of said burglar..and while Parker will follow the more conservative Mas Ayoob method of using any escape means necessary and only fire when there's no escape left...I utilize a line to be cross.  Literally, there is a line to cross in my home..it's the hallway to the bedrooms where me and my family rest.  I have a 3 week old, 3, 5, and 7 year old and my lovely bride behind me taking cover as I watch the hallway and anything that passes in front of it.  I'll issue a single threat of death if they don't leave and the "threat" of police on their way..then anything that remotely approaches the hallway...I'll "stop."  Also, this works perfectly for controlling wayward rounds as there's nothing living to hit for many hundred yards..all life of my family and neighbors are behind me (upper end corner unit).

Of course, that's just the "bump in the night" scenario..and I'm proud to say that me, the wife, and kids have actually practiced...well, mostly the wife and I...  I am armed and readied by an alarm at a random time in the night (alarm clock my wife sets) in about 15 seconds (M&P9 with weapon light on and pointed down the hall) while wife grabs cordless phone on her way out of our bedroom into the kids room next to us while I take position between the fam and the family room where everything is (small 944' condo).  I've tried to think of a fun way my wife could get the M91/30 with bayonet fixed to hold at the ready by the kids bedroom door where she is situated guarding the kids..but it's unrealistic..and would take an eye out in the dark for sure! lol

Anyway..now sure why I brought that all up.  What's important to us is the reality of that popular phrase denoting that you don't count on cops to be there in minutes when seconds count.  We have also practiced tactical drills for when we're all in the living room and someone is kicking in the door..and it's another 20 seconds or so to be in position as described above.

Such vigilance, even here in the peoples' republic of kalifornia, is required and I can't imagine why anybody would not do this themselves.  It's understandable why it's not done...we're all brainwashed/conditioned to accept that we're to be victims and dial 911 and see what happens with our lives and our loved ones...sad, but true.

lowing wrote:

So you'd do this, and you'd end up possibly in a criminal trial defending your rights to property...and may win or lose..then you get to spend another $50k on a wrongful death suit brought by the "victim's" family....to protect your laptops, digital camera, and your PS3?  Could you maybe identify the badguy in your home, confirm if he's armed (because police profiling that suggest burglars are burglars and robbers are robbers usually is quite accurate), confirm he's alone, and then crack his skull with a baseball bat and show some favorable disparity the jury will approve of?
Good post.

No I have no intention of engaging in a conversation with a home intruder.  I do not want to give him pause to react, which could be bad for me and my family. I will not give him the opportunity to draw down on me while I figure out his intentions. My master bedroom is downstairs while my sons rooms are upstairs. I will not let him near those steps.

I do not care if a home intruder is armed or not. I will play it safe and assume he is. I will also not have any problem letting the court of public opinion defend me if it came to it. I think most people are sick to death of this pussy footing around with criminals.

Yes I will spend 50k on my defense rather than stand by and help a criminal to my home.. My life my families life and our quality of life is worth defending. I will also add that there is a real possiblity that a home intruder that you "run off" will be back and even more pissed and determained NOT to let you get the best of him...........Sleep tight after you simply scare someone out of your home.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6538|The lunar module

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

So we should make sure that all criminals in the act of a crime are assured protection? Maybe set up a special police force that they can call beforehand for some backup to make sure no one shoots at them?
Jebus what drivel. Where do you draw the line, flaming_maniac? Shoot litterers and people speeding on the highway?
Parker
isteal

lowing wrote:

My life my families life and our quality of life is worth defending.
"quality of life" means my couch and HDTV.

i agree that your family is worth protecting. i would do the same in a heartbeat.
but your TV?
totally agreed lowing, you should DEFINITELY shoot someone for taking your TV

im done with this debate, and trying to convince Neanderthals to quit dragging their fucking knuckles.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

i agree that your family is worth protecting. i would do the same in a heartbeat.
but your TV?

im done with this debate, and trying to convince Neanderthals to quit dragging their fucking knuckles.
Ya know, you are trying to be rational about B&E...........Well the reality is, when a home intruder is IN MY HOUSE, I am not inclined to try and find out what EXACTLY he is there for, I am inclined to protect my domain. I also doubt the intruder is inclined to announce before coming in that all he wants is my TV.

So Parker, lets get into the realms of reality and home intrusion shall we?
Thorax
Banned
+77|5811

lowing wrote:

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

but your TV?

Ya know, you are trying to be rational about B&E...........Well the reality is, when a home intruder is IN MY HOUSE, I am not inclined to try and find out what EXACTLY he is there for, I am inclined to protect my domain. I also doubt the intruder is inclined to announce before coming in that all he wants is my TV.

You should move to Texas were you are protected under the law for blowing a home invaders face of with a 12 gauge shotgun.  I wholeheartedly invite someone to break into my house, it's like being a war without having to leave your living room, you shoot someone and get a medal for it!
Parker
isteal

lowing wrote:

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

but your TV?

NO!
hes there to kill you, rape your family and then smoke crack in YOUR house!!!!

what the fuck is wrong with you?
do you live in fucking compton?
for how much you talk about material possessions, i would think you would live in a better neighborhood. i mean, i dont have a lot of money by any means, but i live in a pretty nice place. we dont usually have people break in and kill motherfuckers...but i dont know man, i guess you pissed some people off.
reality. motherfucker you are so far from it, you wouldnt have a clue if it hopped up and smacked you in your thick skull.

and rational.....being rational is something you would want in that situation.

do you have a bandanna that you tie around your head when people break in?
that would be BAD ASS. totally fit in with your sad little image of yourself as "Neighborhood Protector!".

i bet, if you talk to your neighbors, theyll all pitch in and you can get yourself a little outfit!

aim for the sky lowing, but get em in the back
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

Parker wrote:

but your TV?

NO!
hes there to kill you, rape your family and then smoke crack in YOUR house!!!!

what the fuck is wrong with you?
do you live in fucking compton?
for how much you talk about material possessions, i would think you would live in a better neighborhood. i mean, i dont have a lot of money by any means, but i live in a pretty nice place. we dont usually have people break in and kill motherfuckers...but i dont know man, i guess you pissed some people off.
reality. motherfucker you are so far from it, you wouldnt have a clue if it hopped up and smacked you in your thick skull.

and rational.....being rational is something you would want in that situation.

do you have a bandanna that you tie around your head when people break in?
that would be BAD ASS. totally fit in with your sad little image of yourself as "Neighborhood Protector!".

i bet, if you talk to your neighbors, theyll all pitch in and you can get yourself a little outfit!

aim for the sky lowing, but get em in the back
Parker, plain and simple ANYONE that breaks into my house is a threat to my family, and I will react to that threat. I am sorry if you think that makes me Charles Bronson but it is honest. I have no intention to hide in a closet and HOPE my family is not hurt. I also have no intention to SEE what it is he wants to take before I stop him. I already said I am not a bad ass, but I will protect my home.

Now, go smoke some crack and go to sleep, it has obviously been a long day for you

Last edited by lowing (2008-07-02 11:53:08)

IRONCHEF
+385|6498|Northern California

lowing wrote:

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

but your TV?

So aside of kicking down 50 grand for legal fees to defend yourself..and if you are found guilty of shooting an unarmed intruder..regardless of your best intentions and god given rights to defend yourself, you showed too great a disparity and therefore are found guilty and the victim's family gets to rape you..and oh yeah, you lose your guns rights...but hey, you hung on to that tv.

You don't have to engage in a conversation over tea with an intruder..you also don't have to yield your drop on him.  Watch that TV of yours and you'll see that sometimes the defender will approach the perp, having the drop on him, leaving him no recourse but to calmly respond to your verbal command "don't move or you will die!"  If he chucks the knife he has in his hand, or grabs for a gun...it's over for him.  So no, it doesn't make sense NOT to engage in a conversation with a bad guy.  Sure, sneak up on him, confirm he's alone, get your drop on him...(a whole 3 seconds to do all this)...then decide:
1) kill him without a warning or dialogue, lose everything inlcuding freedom, guns, lots of cash, etc....
or
2) command him to yield or die if he assaults you with a weapon or not.

If you realize it's some scrawny little 18 yo meth head who's unarmed, then yes, you should be obliged to not shoot.  And no, you don't worry about him coming back because he is scared to death of you, is in jail, or both.

I agree that the potential follow up threat is scary to think of...I know if I scared some BMA out of my house with a death threat and warning, that he and his 3 BMA bro's might take courage..because no, they may like the odds and will risk one of them dying.  I've seen the shit around my neighborhood and they'd gladly risk their life to take out a fool with a gun smart enough to not use it.  To that I say..be vigilant?  Get a dog, an alarm system, move, etc...this all assuming the cops didn't catch him when he fled..which they usually don't.
Parker
isteal

lowing wrote:

Now, go smoke some crack and go to sleep, it has obviously been a long day for you
no, actually im having a great day. just yesterday i got some really cool recognition for my work...it felt really good.

im not going to sleep yet, but when i do, ill lay my head down knowing im a better person than you could ever hope to be.

lowing wrote:

I alsohave intention to SEE what it is he wants to take before I stop him.

lowing wrote:

Well the reality is, when a home intruder is IN MY HOUSE, I am not inclined to try and find out what EXACTLY he is there for, I am inclined to protect my domain.
which one is it you confused little man?

like i said, this would be comedic if your ignorant ass couldnt kill people.

edit:

i see your ignorance carries over to the keyboard in the form of typos, as well.

Last edited by Parker (2008-07-02 12:04:35)

Flaming_Maniac

apollo_fi wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Jebus what drivel. Where do you draw the line, flaming_maniac? Shoot litterers and people speeding on the highway?
This argument has been made and responded to I think five times now. Speeding specifically has been used I think three times now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard