B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6411|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
I have a E6300 running at 2.8 on a 965P-DS3, the FSB:DRAM ratios is set to 1:1 so my ram is still running at stock speed/timings so i was looking for a little bit more out of it.

The ram is 2gb of corsair xms2 but its the 5-5-5-18 version, corsair sells the exact same ram with 4-4-4-12 timings so is mine just basically a underclocked replica of it? if so will i have any problems just adjusting my timings to CAS4 for a little increase in performance?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6864|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Up the voltage by +0.2v and tighten the timings, should work without a hitch.

edit: by voltage I mean the DDR voltage of course.

Last edited by Sydney (2008-06-29 03:37:24)

B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
Going by easytune its running on 1.9v so ill bump it up to 2.1 see how it goes.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6864|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I recommend using the BIOS for doing this.

I'm running my 4 sticks of OCZ XTC PC6400 (2 sticks with Titanium heatspreders, 2 sticks with Reaper heatpipes) on 2.1V with no problems at all at 4-4-4-12 from a default of 5-5-5-15.

Is your RAM bus speed overclocked? Because I can't seem to lower timings at ALL, unless my RAM bus is lower or equal to FSB speed.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here

Sydney wrote:

I recommend using the BIOS for doing this.

I'm running my 4 sticks of OCZ XTC PC6400 (2 sticks with Titanium heatspreders, 2 sticks with Reaper heatpipes) on 2.1V with no problems at all at 4-4-4-12 from a default of 5-5-5-15.

Is your RAM bus speed overclocked? Because I can't seem to lower timings at ALL, unless my RAM bus is lower or equal to FSB speed.
Yea ill be doing it in BIOS for sure i was just going by what easytune showed me since it had it open. All ive done is changed the FSB:DRAM to 1:1 from like 5:4 i think then i just put the bus speed on the cpu up to 400mhz to get 2.8mhz so its not overclocked at all.

Last edited by B00MH3ADSH0T (2008-06-29 03:48:46)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6218|Winland

I've got the same RAM. It does 4-4-4-12 on 1.8.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here

Freezer7Pro wrote:

why is mine on 1.9 is that what voltage are they stock? or did you lower it yourself?
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6218|Winland

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

why is mine on 1.9 is that what voltage are they stock? or did you lower it yourself?
Mine is 1.8 stock. Some mobos don't read the stock voltage correctly. What is written on the modules is what's stock. There are different revisions of this RAM, too...
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here

Freezer7Pro wrote:

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Mine is 1.8 stock. Some mobos don't read the stock voltage correctly. What is written on the modules is what's stock. There are different revisions of this RAM, too...
Mines the cas5 version so its 5-5-5-12 or somthing its running 5-5-5-18 tho for some reason and i wanted to change them to 4-4-4-12 so they will be a little faster. I went into BIOS but i couldn't find what voltage it was at so im only going with what it says on easytune5 and thats 1.9v , should i just go into BIOS and change it to 4-4-4-12 then run memtest on it while not touching the voltage at all?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6484|cuntshitlake

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Some mobos don't read the stock voltage correctly.
Yes, and for example in my mobo the lowest ram voltage is 1.9, since the board had problems with ram on earlier bios versions. They fixed it by setting some overvoltage to the ram by default
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6218|Winland

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

Mines the cas5 version so its 5-5-5-12 or somthing its running 5-5-5-18 tho for some reason and i wanted to change them to 4-4-4-12 so they will be a little faster. I went into BIOS but i couldn't find what voltage it was at so im only going with what it says on easytune5 and thats 1.9v , should i just go into BIOS and change it to 4-4-4-12 then run memtest on it while not touching the voltage at all?
You could try it. It should work.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard