FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6698
hey i know alot of poeple that play military games grow a facination for the military so my question for you poeple at the age of (13-17) that are intrested in joining the military you should seriously think about the US naval Sea Cadet corps or USNSCC for short

so what are the Sea cadets

The Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) is for American youth ages 13-17 who have a desire to learn about the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and Merchant Marine. Sea Cadets are authorized by the Secretary of the Navy to wear Navy uniforms appropriately marked with the Sea Cadet Corps insignia. The objectives of the Sea Cadet program are to introduce youth to naval life, to develop in them a sense of pride, patriotism, courage, and self-reliance, and to maintain an environment free of drugs and gangs.

Here are a list of the diffrent advaced training schools you can go to after boot camp

TRAINING SCHOOLS
AIRMAN TRAINING (BASIC & ADVANCED)
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL TRAINING
FAA GROUND SCHOOL
CULINARY ARTS TRAINING
MEDICAL TRAINING (GENERAL, FIELD, SURGICAL & DENTAL TECH)
FIREFIGHTING TRAINING
PHOTO JOURNALISM TRAINING
CEREMONIAL GUARD
SUBMARINE SEMINAR
MARKSMANSHIP TRAINING
CONSTRUCTION BATTALION (SEABEE) TRAINING (BASIC & ADVANCED)
MINE WAREFARE OPERATIONS TRAINING
MUSIC SCHOOL
SEAL TEAM TRAINING <---------------------------------------yea me this summmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL TRAINING
AMPHIBIOUS TRAINING
PETTY OFFICER LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
MASTER-AT-ARMS TRAINING (MILITARY POLICE/LAW)
JUDGE ADVOCATED GENERAL (JAG) TRAINING
SAILING SCHOOL
SCUBA SCHOOL
SEAMANSHIP TRAINING
SHIPBOARD TRAINING

LIVE ABOARD NAVY & COAST GUARD SHIPS & SHORE STATIONS FOR TWO-WEEKS.

what are the benifits of this program?

Depending on the rate achieved in the Naval Sea Cadets, former cadets may be eligible to enlist in the armed forces at an advanced pay grade. Being a member honorably discharged from the Corps is looked upon favorably by selection boards for military academies and ROTC programs. Also those cadets who are accepted to a four-year university may be eligible for scholarships.

yea there are some requirements.

Be between the ages of 13 and 17.
Must be a US Citizen
Be in good health and pass a qualifying physical examination.
Be a full time student and maintain satisfactory grades (2.00 "C" grade point average).
Be free of felony convictions

and if you do enlist when your CO ask how did you learn about it plz tell the Cadet Jonathon Schwan for long beach division tols you about it ( i get a ribbon lol )
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

long beach? thats like 10 minutes from me!
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6698
lol yea we are being moved to the naval weapons base down in long beach but right now we currently hold our drills in san pedro
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD
I'm doing Navy Junior ROTC next year in high school.  I live about 30 minutes away from Annapolis, which is the biggest naval base in the U.S. I think.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-02-23 15:09:35)

FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6698
the sea cadet corps is looking very favorable upon military academys and Recruit officer training courses. and i think that annapolis is only a naval academy but i could be wrong. some guy last year joined the US naval acadmeny that was in my Cadet unit.
cmsgt_one_shot
+5|6652|USA
screw th navy cadet go Air Force Cadets like me
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6681|Colorado
Air Force & Navy get treated better, get promoted quicker, get paid more.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6713|Central Valley,California
I'm very intrested. I meet all the requirements above. But I have a question about Athsma...would that prevent us from joining the program? I'm physically and mentally fit otherwise.
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6698

Fuzzball_the_Shooter wrote:

I'm very intrested. I meet all the requirements above. But I have a question about Athsma...would that prevent us from joining the program? I'm physically and mentally fit otherwise.
from my knowledge athsma is not a problem as long as you can pass the physical examantion

may i ask where do you live???
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6643
I did Air Cadets before I joined the force. Great practice and training for the USAF's future service men and women!
DarkObsidian
+6|6645|Arizona, USA
When is this and how much will it cost?
I'm very interested, joining the USMC in two years.
kruelo14
+0|6850
I am in the Marine Coprs JROTC at my school. I am a Cadet First Sergeant, and I would like to learn more. Send me more info on this thing man.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Before all the cool military stuff, comes the stupid stuff. Before you join the military, do your best to learn most of the bullshit that will be shoved down your throat during boot camp...BEFORE you go to boot camp, and make sure that you can already do more physically than will be required of you. Even if you are a quick study, you'll be glad of every extra free minute you can get if you already know what's required. You don't ever want to be answering anybody with "I DUNNO!" If your recruiting guy isn't an asshole, he'll give you the same advice, and you'd better follow it if you don't want to be miserable.

Also, one thing definately never mentioned by recruiters is the fact that the change in food and water and the purposefully screwed-up sleep pattern will initially give many recruits the runs, which will be highly visible in their laundry. Don't be an asshole, and don't make fun of them.

And don't get god damned scented deodorant. Shit...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-01 12:22:34)

FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6698
i sent you all guys emails who are intrested. so go check it out
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6852|Waikato, Aotearoa
New Zealand has the same sort of thing. Called the Air Training Corps, Sea Cadet Corps and Cadet Corps. Organised along the same lines as the Scouting Movement (but is way better). Cadets also wear uniforms with Rank appropriate to the branch you have joined. Officers are either Cadets that have moved up thru the Ranks, or are full time NZ military personnel.
Activities involved are Drill, Weapons Safety, Bushcraft and basic Survival skills, the art of Camoflauge, shooting
and glider flying.
Was the most enjoyable 5 years of my life, and i recommend it to all 13-18 year olds.
Attained the Rank of Cpl
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6698
yea my CO told me about that i didnt put it but if your exttemly good and have the grade we have an exchange program with other cadet programs from around the world and the new zealand air cadet is one of them.
cmsgt_one_shot
+5|6652|USA
Hey do you marine rotc guys have shooting comps and earn riffle badges and ribbons.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
wait till your 18 and join the real thing, enjoy your youth.
cmsgt_one_shot
+5|6652|USA
Ya the Air Force is pretty picky about people that where glasses.
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6698

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

I wouldn't mind being in the air cadets, but alas, you would not find me in a jet, because I wear glasses. They're very picky about that sort of thing aren't they?
yea im sure if you can get it corrected with surgery you can be fine but i wouldnt really recomened that unless you really want to fly
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6698

cmsgt_one_shot wrote:

Hey do you marine rotc guys have shooting comps and earn riffle badges and ribbons.
yea there are someteams and if you qualify a good score at boot camp you get a marksmenship badge
cmsgt_one_shot
+5|6652|USA
Ya i know about shooting at boot camp becasue my dad has his sharpshooter badge. Sorry i ment was do the marine Junior ROTC Cadets get shooting badges. but thanks for trying to help me.
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6698
no problem just trying to help sorry i cant answer your question all the way.
cmsgt_one_shot
+5|6652|USA
no prob.
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6698
http://www.seacadetseal.org/  look at that site and tell me not to waste me youth

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard