Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yer right, it ain't skin color..........It is the personal actions of individuals that commit crime that makes them criminals......It is NOT because of slavery or the civil rights movement, or any other era in history that the people in question were never a part of of lived through, to claim suffering.

I have been called a racist because I hold EACH person accountable for their actions. IF we are talking bout the black community then so be it.

If we are talking about the white community then so be it, my observations still apply.......It is consistant. There is nothing racial about it.

Face it scorpion, there is truth tho what I have posted
No, there is simply no truth to what you post.

You assume perfect equality of opportunity, and, yet again, you refuse to accept another fundamental truth that has been explained to you time and time again.

That is, there is no 'equality of opportunity' within the US, Ireland, the UK, Europe, or anywhere in the world.

Ones socio-economic background plays a very large part in determining ones success in life.

More poor in the US are black, than white. Therefore more blacks than whites, in the US, are at a disadvantage. Therefore more blacks than whites, in the US, turn to crime.

Q.E.D.
NO, what that means is more blacks need to exercise more personal responsibility. Disadvantage or not, there is NO excuse for criminal behavior. There are social programs in place to assist the "disadvantaged". It is SOLEY up to the "disadvantaged" to take some, or all advantage of these programs.

To say I robbed the liquor store because my GGG grandfather was a slave, or becasue my grandfather drank from a "colored only" water fountain
is complete and utter bullshit.
*sigh*

No-one is saying "they commit crime because of slavery, etc".

We are saying "they are poor and disadvantaged because of said slavery, etc".

Crime is a natural and unavoidable consequence of having 'rich' and 'poor'.

The poor do all the shitty jobs.

Some that are poor don't want to do the shitty jobs, and who can blame them? would you?

Some that are poor are simply not intelligent enough to take advantage of, for example, social education programs.

And, because they're poor, they don't have Rich Daddy there to bail them out.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

No, there is simply no truth to what you post.

You assume perfect equality of opportunity, and, yet again, you refuse to accept another fundamental truth that has been explained to you time and time again.

That is, there is no 'equality of opportunity' within the US, Ireland, the UK, Europe, or anywhere in the world.

Ones socio-economic background plays a very large part in determining ones success in life.

More poor in the US are black, than white. Therefore more blacks than whites, in the US, are at a disadvantage. Therefore more blacks than whites, in the US, turn to crime.

Q.E.D.
NO, what that means is more blacks need to exercise more personal responsibility. Disadvantage or not, there is NO excuse for criminal behavior. There are social programs in place to assist the "disadvantaged". It is SOLEY up to the "disadvantaged" to take some, or all advantage of these programs.

To say I robbed the liquor store because my GGG grandfather was a slave, or becasue my grandfather drank from a "colored only" water fountain
*sigh*

Some that are poor don't want to do the shitty jobs, and who can blame them? would you?

Some that are poor are simply not intelligent enough to take advantage of, for example, social education programs.

They are poor and disadvantaged, NOT because of slavery, but because they do not have thr drive, gumption, ambition etc...to be anything else.
If slavery were the reason, then we would not have a black middle class at all. It is individualism that matters, not history.

Slavery is used as a scapegoat for personal failure, you accept it, I do not.

THe poor do the shitty jobs? Then stop being poor and better your situation.

Would I want to do the shitty jobs?? Nope, that is why I am not poor.

Would I be poor if I did not finish HS, find a trade and apply myself toward a better life? Yeah I would be...

Are you really implying that all white people, or even most white people, have rich daddy's bailing them out? and I am accused of generalizing?
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

*sigh*

They are poor and disadvantaged, NOT because of slavery, but because they do not have thr drive, gumption, ambition etc...to be anything else.
If slavery were the reason, then we would not have a black middle class at all. It is individualism that matters, not history.

Would I be poor if I did not finish HS, find a trade and apply myself toward a better life? Yeah I would be...

Are you really implying that all white people, or even most white people, have rich daddy's bailing them out? and I am accused of generalizing?
Where did I say anything about whites having or not having rich daddy's?

I did not.

I said "the poor do not have rich daddy to bail them out".

The poor.

Not blacks, nor whites, nor yellows, nor greens or even blues.

Just THE POOR.

Again, you're seeing/reading what fits into your stereotyped view of the world. Not that what is actually written.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

*sigh*

I did not.

The poor.

Just THE POOR.

Again, you're seeing/reading what fits into your stereotyped view of the world. Not that what is actually written.
OHHHHHHHHHHH forgive me, When you said "THEY were POOR BECAUSE of SAID SLAVERY"....I assumed you were talking about the black poor...I had no idea that you were talking about all the poor............So now you must be saying ALL the poor are poor because of "said slavery". You got some explaining to do with that accusation.

Nice try pal.....but we both know what you were talking about, so either get on challenging my post and explain how sociology trumps personal responsibility. or move along

I am reading and responding to what YOU write.
PureFodder
+225|6286
So Lowing, if everyone took your advice, tried their hardest, had ambition and did everything you want them to do, due to the inherent nature of what jobs there are and the fact that the higher you go in a company the less jobs there are, most people would still end up poor.

Your argument fails in that in order to do well you have to be better than you peers, by definition, this means that most people aren't going to make it, however hard they try. Everyone is good/bad at what they do relative to everyone else. How good everyone else is is absolutley out of your control. There are factors that affect how well you are going to do in life that are completely out of your control.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
GWB is a good example of the US system in action.
A total fucktard who is where he is basically because of who his daddy is.

Could a poor black kid have acheived the same success?
In theory yes, in practice it rarely happens.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

PureFodder wrote:

So Lowing, if everyone took your advice, tried their hardest, had ambition and did everything you want them to do, due to the inherent nature of what jobs there are and the fact that the higher you go in a company the less jobs there are, most people would still end up poor.

Your argument fails in that in order to do well you have to be better than you peers, by definition, this means that most people aren't going to make it, however hard they try. Everyone is good/bad at what they do relative to everyone else. How good everyone else is is absolutley out of your control. There are factors that affect how well you are going to do in life that are completely out of your control.
I see, so how many educated, experienced, ambitious, driven to succeed, non drug abuser, non-alcoholic, been poor and homeless for their entire life, people do you know of? Or are you gunna tell me that there is no corolation, whatsoever, to poverty and a lack of self motivation, lack of ambition, lack of drive. I see, all people are poor because of slavery huh? just like scorpion acesses?
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6358|CA, USA

PureFodder wrote:

no i think your first argument is incorrect.  rather, i would think that the bulk of the population would move from poor to middle class.  it's not realistic to assume that the entire population can move to greatness, but certainly through hard work, i would think it certainly possible to move out of poverty and improve to become middle class.  is it possible to attain even high class?  yes, but given the ecosystem for # of jobs in that arena, the competition is pretty tough so only the strong survive there - based on results.  The CEOs have to answer to shareholders so if the guy doesn't perform, it matters only that he didn't perform - not that it was because he was of a certain ethnicity.  the guy made decisions that cost the company money in losses - he's gone.

regarding your second point, the idea is to shift the poor to move UP into the middle class.  effectively we'd have a much larger middle class then.  yes, some people will be lower middle and some upper middle.  the idea here is that there is going to be a big gap between poverty and middle class. 

Lowing's point is that this is indeed possible to move from poor to middle class through hard work.  the main factor in preventing this from happening is the will of the individual to do the work and make decisions that enable rather than disable this from happening.  eg:  don't have a kid at 16, drop out of HS, do drugs, etc.  poor decisions like these are major barriers to people achieving their goals.  some overcome them - and good for them - that's great!  however, most do not.  the question is why do they make these terrible decsions and what can we as a society do to help them NOT make these choices.  my take in other threads has been that certain cultural attitudes are holding these people back in that they are painting the picture that these bad decisions are actually considered normal now and that the system is out to get them no matter what.  making excuses like this only helps people who make money off of the suffering these people endure.  rather, people should rise to the occasion and take stock in their own destiny rather than relying on others or the govt to tell them how to live.
PureFodder
+225|6286

lowing wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

I see, so how many educated, experienced, ambitious, driven to succeed, non drug abuser, non-alcoholic, been poor and homeless for their entire life, people do you know of? Or are you gunna tell me that there is no corolation, whatsoever, to poverty and a lack of self motivation, lack of ambition, lack of drive. I see, all people are poor because of slavery huh? just like scorpion acesses?
It's like you read every 7th word and made the rest up.

There are factors that affect how well you are going to do in life that are completely out of your control.

In order to succeed you have to be better than your peers. Last time I checked, businesses promote a few of the best out of the many, they don't decide that everyone did a great job and promote everyone. In order to get promoted you have to be better than your perrs and you have no control over how good your peer are.

@CaptainSpaulding71

Compaired to the 70s, todays average American works significantly longer hours and is vastly more productive. Over the same period real median wages have stagnated or declined. Americans are working much harder these days and getting bugger all reward from the extra work because everyone else is also working harder. They are working harder and smarter just to keep up with their peers.

By your argument all Americans should be middle class today, reality refutes your argument.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

PureFodder wrote:

lowing wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

It's like you read every 7th word and made the rest up.

There are factors that affect how well you are going to do in life that are completely out of your control.

In order to succeed you have to be better than your peers. Last time I checked, businesses promote a few of the best out of the many, they don't decide that everyone did a great job and promote everyone. In order to get promoted you have to be better than your perrs and you have no control over how good your peer are.

@CaptainSpaulding71

Compaired to the 70s, todays average American works significantly longer hours and is vastly more productive. Over the same period real median wages have stagnated or declined. Americans are working much harder these days and getting bugger all reward from the extra work because everyone else is also working harder. They are working harder and smarter just to keep up with their peers.

By your argument all Americans should be middle class today, reality refutes your argument.
Just because I do not agree that sociology trumps personal responsibility does not mean I am not reading what is posted........
I have never said it is possible for all of us to grow up to be astronauts.........but I do believe it is well within our grasp today, regarldess of slavery 150 years ago to better ourselves and our situations to live above the poverty line........
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6329|105 RVK

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

lol, remind me to never drive through palm beach county
lol "nigga, my nigga, pop yo´ass nigga, dont mess with me nigga, nigga"

Can they say anything other than "nigga"?
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6358|CA, USA

PureFodder wrote:

@CaptainSpaulding71

sorry but again i respectfully disagree here.  When you look at statistics you also have to understand that certain groups of people are not represented on the same baselines.  Take for example the way we record incomes for families.  Blacks are unfortunately in a situation where many of their families are actually single wage earners and this puts them at a disadvantage.  So, they end up already making a fraction of the average white or hispanic family just from that factor alone.  Secondly, look at the ages of the people in the study.  nobody tends to look at this.  Blacks tend to be aged 5 years less than whites when you average everything out.  Asians are aged a bit older.  Hmong and Vietnamese are even younger than blacks.  Think about it, how much real wealth do you have in your younger years?  not much but later through careful saving and investments and paydown of capital costs (homes, cars, etc), you have more of your money in the bank.

now then if you look into wage stagnation, also i disagree:

http://mvdg.wordpress.com/2007/11/13/ws … tagnation/

an even better article is here - i highly recommend spending 2 mins to read through this one:

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell112007.php3

however, to support your argument, i'll even supply you with a reference:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib … wages.html

What i WILL agree with is that inflation is getting out of control and that is having a big negative effect.  it will get alot worse before it gets better unfortunately. 

Additionally - and this is my main point, that given all this data, does this mean that the poor have an impossible job at moving up socio-economicaly?  i remain by my statements that poor decision making is preventing them from getting in the door.  Why do poor immigrants thrive yet certain segments of the indigenous population flounder?  This alone refutes the argument that the poor are stuck being poor. 

ok fine, let's even attack the problem differently.  let's assume you ARE correct in all your arguments.  I haven't heard one idea on how to fix things from you.  what do you suggest be done to move poor people out of the cycle of poverty that is being used to characterize their plight?  if not hard work, then what?   what do you think would be an effective solution that people can live with?

Last edited by CaptainSpaulding71 (2008-06-26 09:38:26)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I did not.

The poor.

Just THE POOR.

OHHHHHHHHHHH forgive me, When you said "THEY were POOR BECAUSE of SAID SLAVERY"....I assumed you were talking about the black poor...I had no idea that you were talking about all the poor............So now you must be saying ALL the poor are poor because of "said slavery". You got some explaining to do with that accusation.

Nice try pal.....but we both know what you were talking about, so either get on challenging my post and explain how sociology trumps personal responsibility. or move along

Try some comprehension.

Lets, look at what I actually wrote again:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

*sigh*

BREAK

BREAK

Highlights and BREAKs added for the terminally stupid.

Now, note how I start by talking about 'they', clearly referring to blacks, and state that 'they' are 'poor'?

Right, got that?

Ok, then see how I state that crime is a consequence of poverty?

Yes?

Ok, now see how, oh so skill-fully, continue this line of reasoning to talk about further concequences of poverty?

yeah?

Cool, right, here's the important bit, so pay attention - note how the last line says "because they're poor...", and I shall repeat that, in case you missed it, "because they're poor...",  ooh, what was that? did I say 'black'? OMG! LOOK! I DIDN'T! - I said 'poor'!

It is you that reads 'poor' and thinks 'black'.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-06-26 17:57:04)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

PureFodder wrote:

Your argument fails in that in order to do well you have to be better than you peers, by definition, this means that most people aren't going to make it, however hard they try. Everyone is good/bad at what they do relative to everyone else. How good everyone else is is absolutely out of your control. There are factors that affect how well you are going to do in life that are completely out of your control.
Precisely.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I did not.

The poor.

Just THE POOR.

Try some comprehension.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

*sigh*

BREAK

BREAK

Now, note how I start by talking about 'they', clearly referring to blacks, and state that 'they' are 'poor'?

Right, got that?

Yes?

Ok, now see how, oh so skill-fully, continue this line of reasoning to talk about further concequences of poverty?

yeah?

Cool, right, here's the important bit, so pay attention - note how the last line says "because they're poor...", and I shall repeat that, in case you missed it, "because they're poor...",  ooh, what was that? did I say 'black'? OMG! LOOK! I DIDN'T! - I said 'poor'!

That is what I love about dipshits such as yourself, everytime you get busted in one of yourquotes you gotta break it down to the word in order show "whatcha really meant". Forget the context of the discussion, forget that we were talking about blacks...........So very Clintonesque of you...No worries though, Cam does the same thing. lol
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6381|MN

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Your argument fails in that in order to do well you have to be better than you peers, by definition, this means that most people aren't going to make it, however hard they try. Everyone is good/bad at what they do relative to everyone else. How good everyone else is is absolutely out of your control. There are factors that affect how well you are going to do in life that are completely out of your control.
Precisely.
So they shouldn't try to better themselves?  They are now allowed to commit crimes because they are starting off poor?  Nice that poor people have an excuse for doing bad stuff.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

LividBovine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Precisely.
So they shouldn't try to better themselves?  They are now allowed to commit crimes because they are starting off poor?  Nice that poor people have an excuse for doing bad stuff.
Everyone should still try their hardest to make it up the ladder in life but the point here is that not everyone will succeed and anyone who starts off in a position of advantage has a far superior chance of success. It's just a sad but true fact, not an excuse.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6381|MN
But it gets used as an excuse.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

LividBovine wrote:

But it gets used as an excuse.
Yeah, well it shouldn't. Government and local Governing bodies should always attempt to address the root causes of social problems, laissez faire attitudes just doesn't cut it. This doesn't mean giving anyone a free pass to wreak havoc but rather that efforts should be made to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor...sadly that concept doesn't sit well with the capitalist mindset of modern America so I don't know what you can do.

In Ireland for example we have regeneration programs for our 'ghettoes'; our most infamous ghetto, Ballymun, has just finished a huge regeneration plan and it's actually starting to look quite nice now. All the high rise accommodation has been torn down and a combination of council and semi-privately funded housing has replaced it. Property prices were starting to rise too until the recent credit crunch. I shot a short documentary out there a while back and it was quite eye opening. I can understand how tough it must be for someone with black skin to get a job when a only Ballymun accent was often enough to dissuade an employer from hiring you here in Dublin in the past.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Try some comprehension.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

*sigh*

BREAK

BREAK

Right, got that?

Yes?

yeah?

That is what I love about dipshits such as yourself, everytime you get busted in one of yourquotes you gotta break it down to the word in order show "whatcha really meant". Forget the context of the discussion, forget that we were talking about blacks...........So very Clintonesque of you...No worries though, Cam does the same thing. lol
No, not to show "whatcha really meant", rather to show "what I really wrote" - comprehending the correct meaning is your task, as much as it is ours - that's what comprehension means - you understanding what we actually write - not you understanding what you think we write.

You are talking about blacks and saying that there is a correlation between being black and committing crime.

We are saying that said apparent 'correlation' is an illusion - the true correlation lies in the connection between poverty and crime.

Hence, we give you evidence, like the fact that in the UK, for example, the ethnic mix of people in poverty is much more uniform than it is in the US, and, so, we have a much more uniform ethnic mix amongst criminals.

The linking factor amongst criminals is poverty not race.

The fact you continually want to associate crime with race, whereas we have moved on from that, and would be happy to discus the true causes of said crime, reveals your prejudices, not ours.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Try some comprehension.

Right, got that?

Yes?

yeah?

No, not to show "whatcha really meant", rather to show "what I really wrote" - comprehending the correct meaning is your task, as much as it is ours - that's what comprehension means - you understanding what we actually write - not you understanding what you think we write.

You are talking about blacks and saying that there is a correlation between being black and committing crime.

We are saying that said apparent 'correlation' is an illusion - the true correlation lies in the connection between poverty and crime.

Hence, we give you evidence, like the fact that in the UK, for example, the ethnic mix of people in poverty is much more uniform than it is in the US, and, so, we have a much more uniform ethnic mix amongst criminals.

The fact you continually want to associate crime with race, whereas we have moved on from that, and would be happy to discus the true causes of said crime, reveals your prejudices, not ours.
Man, you really know how to trip over your own dick don't ya? Never not once, did I make a "correlation between being black and committing crime". Not once.  ( I defy you to showme where I did so) In fact, I am the one saying personal responsibility prevails for all of us. These "social reasons" for the black poor is bullshit.

YOU and the others are the ones tying black poverty levels to race and how that race has been treasted 150 years ago, not me... I judge everyone equally with the same yardstick pal.....Speaking of reading comprehension, ya better start practicing what you preach before you trip again............

I also have never assoicited crime with race. Never, I associate crime with personal irresponsibility...Period...I think even Braddock would back me up on my consistancy with that..

Last edited by lowing (2008-06-27 11:04:45)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Man, you really know how to trip over your own dick don't ya? Never not once, did I make a "correlation between being black and committing crime". Not once.  ( I defy you to showme where I did so)
Okey-doke.

Thread title: "Why are lots of crimes committed by blacks?"

Your title. Your words.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Man, you really know how to trip over your own dick don't ya? Never not once, did I make a "correlation between being black and committing crime". Not once.  ( I defy you to showme where I did so)
Okey-doke.

Your title. Your words.
Man you are really baring your ass tonight, dipshit.............I didn't title this thread and I didn't even start it............
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Okey-doke.

Your title. Your words.
Man you are really baring your ass tonight, dipshit.............I didn't title this thread and I didn't even start it............

Sorry.

Shoulda checked. Was 100% sure it was your thread.

OK, I can't find you explicitly saying "blacks commit crimes" - but you don't have to say those exact words to send that message, for example, you post:

lowing wrote:

Another note....Most areas where minorites move to WERE not shit holes until they got there..Funny how the trend all across America is for people to move back into the inner city and revitalize it.....

Equally as funny is wherever moss transit moves into, crime goes up.....This is why communities fight with tooth and nail to keep mass transit out of their communities...
and:

lowing wrote:

your apparent racism is implied in what you say - and these are just the first two examples I found.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-06-28 13:37:51)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6184|Ireland
Liberals are so fucking racist.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard