Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837

Marconius wrote:

I'll stop you right there Horseman.  You lost the Clinton vs. Terrorist argument in our other thread, and I don't want it to continue here.  Stay on topic.
Terrorists are indiscriminant on leaders.  They will do what they can to remove the threats that they are willed against by their own leaders.
clinton vs. Terrorist ? No.. its more like,  you " think " you won it.

Does anyone think clinton Gave the Terrorist a tuff time. Its laughable, dont go there.

It seemed to me , You were chased out of that post by everyone and his brother.

You delete posts if you don't like them. whats the word for that? Censorship ?

And what about...

New President..No more attacks since 911

Terrorist are not Dumb people, They are not bound by Election cycles as US leaders are.
They can wait for a Liberal President with no ability to lead.
They know if America loses its spine and the Liberal classic " lack of will " wins out.
They will have another Clinton / Carter Type as an opponent.
It will be Base Rape and spawn kill on US citizens for 4 to 8 years just like from 92 to 2000

(  I cleaned it up  lol )

It seems like you only address something you think you can handle and ignore the rest.

Find a typo and declare a victory.

I liked your " If no attacks happend since 911, it dosnt mean they were prevented " argument.

That was pretty funny.   Like they are waiting for " Better weather "

Most people here ( NYC) just like the Fact that ther hasnt been an attack here since 911.
You can attribute it to whatever you like. Libarels Keep their eyes focused on winning back the White House at any cost, Even if it means selling out or troops .
We all know the score.

I didnt take this post off thread. I think the" Pentagon Strike " is where your argument is the strongest.

You should make that a seperate issue. WTC 911 seems weaker.
imortal
+240|6665|Austin, TX

Marconius wrote:

Well, that's what I'm saying, lowing.  The way to win is by asking the harboring countries for help and being diplomatic about it, not by just going on in and trying to hunt them down one by one.  The problem is, due to the U.S. meddling with Middle Eastern affairs in the past, the "good vs. bad" conflict might turn out a bit different than expected, especially now after the Iraq invasion.  We see ourselves as Good because we are attempting to retaliate for 9/11, plus we've removed a dictator from power and are promoting democracy.  They can see us as bad because we've killed their civilians and our actions have sparked sectarian violence and a definite Civil/religious War, plus their new government is basically a retaliatory theocracy in action.  Whereas in America, there was a majority against the KKK, this doesn't seem to be so in the Middle East.
All of that is assuming that the leaders in question don't actively want to help the terrorists.  You assume that the terrorists are sneaking around their host countries and a simple, poite request will solve everything.  Reason and enlightened self intrest? 

Doesn't work.  I mean, it sounds GREAT in theory, but it doesn't take into account that goverments have actual people in them with ambitions, vices, desires, fears, and beliefs.

Oh, and don't single out the US with working in the middle east.  The countries were actually founded by the British and the French, as the European countries divided the world up for themselves. 

It is great to assume the people you are dealing with is rational, but you are really dealing with people who will complain that the person you killed was left face down, while they drag one of YOUR dead bodies naked through the streets cheering.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
Uhhh... 9/11 came in the 'new president's' reign.

'Reason and polite self interest' WON'T work against terrorists, sorry.

Hunt them out, smoke them out.

These are people who would MUCH MUCH sooner blow themselves up than talk.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837

Spark wrote:

Uhhh... 9/11 came in the 'new president's' reign.

'Reason and polite self interest' WON'T work against terrorists, sorry.

Hunt them out, smoke them out.

These are people who would MUCH MUCH sooner blow themselves up than talk.
In all fairness they used to hijack an airliner, park it on a runway and wait for a News camara.

It seemed like they had something they wanted to say and they wanted the world to hear.

I don't remember anyone ever talking to them much less listening to them.

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-03-17 21:01:15)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
Those were not terrorists of the same calibre.

How many members of al-Qaeda have not used a video tape to communicate with the rest of the world (discounting prisoners)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837

Spark wrote:

Those were not terrorists of the same calibre.

How many members of al-Qaeda have not used a video tape to communicate with the rest of the world (discounting prisoners)
that was my point No one listened to them then. Perhaps we should have, what would it have cost us to hear their side of the story? Now we have an all out war that must be Won.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

As far as the Pentagon, http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=5154
A little more than "eye witnesses".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
thanks_champ
+19|6522
After watching loose change, watch V for Vendetta. It's a fictional movie, but the story depicts events that seem similar to what is happening (or what we are heading for) in real life if what is suggested about 911 by loose change is true. A horrific government sponsored terrorist attack on it's own people, the emergence of a police state, loss of liberty in the name of security, biased fear instilling media for propaganda (fox news). If that's not enough to draw you in - it has Natalie Portman

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"
Erkut.hv
+124|6735|California

thanks_champ wrote:

After watching loose change, watch V for Vendetta. It's a fictional movie, but the story depicts events that seem similar to what is happening (or what we are heading for) in real life if what is suggested about 911 by loose change is true. A horrific government sponsored terrorist attack on it's own people, the emergence of a police state, loss of liberty in the name of security, biased fear instilling media for propaganda (fox news). If that's not enough to draw you in - it has Natalie Portman

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"
This is a serious question, how old are you, and what do you do for a living? Curious as to the backgrounds of people who believe anything that Alex Jones says.
Capt. Foley
+155|6588|Allentown, PA, USA

thanks_champ wrote:

Ok, saying Fox News is propaganda for conservatives as long as you say every other news agency in America is propaganda for liberals. Because that is  the truth. Stop Bullshitting yourself. We arent in a police state dumbass. And if you think the spying on PEOPLE THAT MIGHT BE RELATED TO TERRORISTS is a loss a liberty then Im wasting my time talking to you.
Dynasty(KIP)
+1|6658
I've never quite figured out why it is so hard to comprehend that MUSLIM EXTREMISTS ARE TYRING TO KILL US!!!
9/11 was tragic, and the terrorists responsible should be brought to justice. The only was to do this is to hunt them down and kill them before they have a chance to attack again. Hence, THE USA PATRIOT ACT of 2001. There is absolutly no eveidence to suggest that the USA PATRIOT Act does not work.
We will never know how well it worked until the liberals who are against it take control of the government and revoke it. Then, once it is gone and we are attacked, people will see just how much it protected the country.
If a person is not a terrorist, why do the care if those who are suspected of terrorism are spied on? Don't give me the civil liberties crap either, because if these terrorists had their way, we wouldn't have civil liberties because they want to destroy our way of thinking. Terrorists have NO CIVIL LIBERTIES.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6343|tropical regions of london

Marconius wrote:

It's an hour long documentary
lol
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

God Save the Queen wrote:

Marconius wrote:

lol
You bumped an ancient thread just to do that?

Why may I ask?
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6328|105 RVK

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Marconius wrote:

lol
You bumped an ancient thread just to do that?

Why may I ask?
Cause its actually 2 hours
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6343|tropical regions of london
to see if the next immediate post after me was going to contain the word "bump"
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5791|Dublin, Ohio

Marconius wrote:

lol
funny the word documentary can be used so losely.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
Look at post 130.

No bold text, He must have been unwell.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Thorax
Banned
+77|5804
I demand an explanation for this act of heresy.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Necroposting is why we white Americans become serial killers.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard