Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

Shem wrote:

Just got back from the pub, fucking torture sitting in between smokers, still I have my pinky promise to adhere too and said no.

Problem is, I'm going  back to the pub in like, half an hour.

If I don't last one full day.. =/
Then you'll end up like the guy in your sig?
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6526|London (At Heart)

pretty much yeah.
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

1 week without a cig tonight at 1130 or so
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5961|Washington DC

Shem wrote:

pretty much yeah.
for all you know he could have a huge grin on his face
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6775

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

Well done man, just go for another week, then another, then another.
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

2tuff wrote:

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

Well done man, just go for another week, then another, then another.
yup. like teflon said earlier, i wont be satisfied until i make it at least one month with 0 cigs. nicorette + weed + working out = no cigs needed
Shem
sɥǝɯ

Ugh, You're doing better than me.

Day 2 and im fiending like a bitch.

Still I made it 9 hours in the pub last night without one.

I CAN do this. Did you find it easier after a few days eye?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

Shem wrote:

Ugh, You're doing better than me.

Day 2 and im fiending like a bitch.

Still I made it 9 hours in the pub last night without one.

I CAN do this. Did you find it easier after a few days eye?
Apparently the first 3 days are the hardest, then the cravings just fall away
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6647|I smell corners

OrangeHound wrote:

A friend of mine quit with the aide of the patch.
same for me, haven't smoked for 2 month now
TheTrueQuaid
What was I doing mars?
+11|5898|Assachusetts

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

Same for me well actually now that my intoxicated mind remembers it was yesterday.

Stick with it man.  I getting urges like never before (I've quit once before but I took up smoking when I went to Africa, smokes were cheap and I was smoking before I went because I had no idea what I'd get myself into).

If someone opened a pack in front of my though It'd be rough not to ask for one.
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

i get cravings all the time because everyone around me smokes. i just remember how fucking nasty it is, and i don't want to smoke anymore
TheTrueQuaid
What was I doing mars?
+11|5898|Assachusetts
I fell of the quitting wagon.   : (

Was getting gas and I stopped and stared at the inside of the gas station and I heard my 20 little buddies calling, I heeded the call. Oh man the first cig was good.  I am a weakling.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

TheTrueQuaid wrote:

I fell of the quitting wagon.   : (

Was getting gas and I stopped and stared at the inside of the gas station and I heard my 20 little buddies calling, I heeded the call. Oh man the first cig was good.  I am a weakling.
Don't beat yourself up about it, the average smoker takes 5 serious attempts to quit.

Just keep trying, and make sure you don't fall straight back to smoking however many you used to smoke.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Shem
sɥǝɯ

The booze finally got to me.

Had one (well half, I got halfway through then threw it away in disgust) last night.

Haven't bought a pack though.

That still count?
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

Shem wrote:

The booze finally got to me.

Had one (well half, I got halfway through then threw it away in disgust) last night.

Haven't bought a pack though.

That still count?
yeah that's still an accomplishment. my friend is trying to quit too. he still smokes 3 or more cigs a day (down from 20-25). i really am astonished that i haven't even had one yet. i think watching my dad die really sinks the thought in my head (even though it's not smoking-related), and when i was at the ER with him a couple weeks ago, there was a guy with emphysema right next to us; shit wasn't pretty...
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6343|tropical regions of london
I smoke half a pack a day.  Im gonna die from depleted uranium exposure before I do from smoking
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

God Save the Queen wrote:

I smoke half a pack a day.  Im gonna die from depleted uranium exposure before I do from smoking
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Yesterday night I smoked like 10 just on the night. Fuck stopping now I can't be arsed, I only need them when I'm out and drunk
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yesterday night I smoked like 10 just on the night. Fuck stopping now I can't be arsed, I only need them when I'm out and drunk
ADDICTED!!!!!!!

that's like a person denying his or her alcoholism because they only drink on the weekends

there are more than one levels of addiction my friend

Last edited by Eye-GiZzLe (2008-06-25 16:42:13)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

ADDICTED!!!!!!!

that's like a person denying his or her alcoholism because they only drink on the weekends

BUT

I don't need/want to smoke when I'm just on my own and shit, only when I'm out drinking and shit. I suppose it is an addiction, but not a total addiction/total nicotine dependency. I do it for the slight headrush you can get when coupling it with drinking, you know, that lil extra buzz. But they're nice too
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

ADDICTED!!!!!!!

BUT

I don't need/want to smoke when I'm just on my own and shit, only when I'm out drinking and shit. I suppose it is an addiction, but not a total addiction/total nicotine dependency. I do it for the slight headrush you can get when coupling it with drinking, you know, that lil extra buzz. But they're nice too
yeah it's all good man. it will build and build, and eventually, you'll be buying a pack everyday. it's a shitty thing; just quit while you're ahead.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

ADDICTED!!!!!!!

BUT

yeah it's all good man. it will build and build, and eventually, you'll be buying a pack everyday. it's a shitty thing; just quit while you're ahead.
ig speaks truth.

....though, im too far into bullshit to try and quit right now....
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland
Well done ig, your doing great!

Grandad died from lung cancer so I stopped smoking as soon as that happened. My 2 best mates smoke and I laugh at them.
Shem
sɥǝɯ

White-Fusion wrote:

Well done ig, your doing great!

Grandad died from lung cancer so I stopped smoking as soon as that happened. My 2 best mates smoke and I laugh at them.
Aye,

My grandad died of it too.

My dad went cold turkey from 30 a day when my sister was born., might ask tips from him to be honest
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Shem wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Grandad died from lung cancer so I stopped smoking as soon as that happened.
Aye,

My grandad died of it too.
Ditto. The man laughed at doctors. "Pfft! Cancer in the lungs. They don't know what they're talking about!" Boy, was he wrong. A red pack of non-filtered North cigs a day makes wonders.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard