voodoodolphins
+92|6702
Kind of a stupid event if you ask me...it has been done...so leave it
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
Thats a point - Medics can use Med packs, but Snipers can't use the M95?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

FatherTed wrote:

M95 still does the same damage as every other bolt action sniper.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6462|A W S M F O X

The Sheriff wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Don't see why'd you'd even want to use M95 against medics ololo;

A: Bad accuracy

B: Only good for vehicle mode

M24/L96 much more sensible choice.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

The Sheriff wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

If it's a headshot, yeh.

IIRC, 1 M95 shot followed with a quick shot via pistol drops 'em like flies.

(i'd still rather use the M24 though)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

FatherTed wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

If it's a headshot, yeh.

IIRC, 1 M95 shot followed with a quick shot via pistol drops 'em like flies.

(i'd still rather use the M24 though)
All the bolt action rifles do the same dmg to medics.

AWSMFOX wrote:

Snipers should be able to pick up medic kits to throw down medpacks, but not revive.
Medics should be able to pick up sniper kits and throw down claymores.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5793|sweden

Mint Sauce wrote:

There shall be NO unlocks
but wht not? when the ak101 and m16 owns all?

the use of claymores is allowed, but only to protect your position
should be allowed everywhere, since medics just revive each other if clays are used in an offensive way anyway.

i'm tempted to be a medic if i can has l85
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6404|Earth
Here are two problems I have with the no unlock rule:
1. A majority of the snipers I know HATE the SVD with quite a passion.
2. It basically destroys any chance of dragshots or long range shooting when the snipers are MEC or PLA.

I would go and guess that 90% of the snipers in this game generally only use the bolt action rifles. Also, most of the elite snipers, most of which Kooda listed on the other thread, are known almost only for their dragshot style. So without unlocks, half the team would need to be known SVD masters (Kooda, myself, ali3nz, tushers, musketeer) and the other half dragshot masters (sarciss, hint...who else do you need?). That is just my two cents.

And I'm not complaining or anything. I have no problem with using the SVD as it is my favorite weapon in the game. My only real problem is that I will have no SVD to pick up from a dead enemy while I'm the US.
Signature
blacklupus
+13|6689
edit

Last edited by blacklupus (2008-06-20 10:28:57)

hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5793|sweden
i'd recommend most snipers to use the svd against the medics. it's so accurate at medium long distances, the medics would have trouble at times.

edit: oh, and don't go lonewolfing ;O

Last edited by hiberNative (2008-06-20 10:39:22)

AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6462|A W S M F O X
No unlocks for snipers would be unfair for sure, or not, a good sniper should be able to use a SVD or Type-88 better than a bolt action TBF.
Phaytal
+20|6153|Engarlandd
A mixture of Bolt Action and Semi Auto would be nice for the Snipers, either a headshot with the bolt/semi, or get a shot on the medic elsewhere and let the semi auto clear them all up quickly
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6285|eng
Right. Ok ok.

Unlocks on.

But frawg, dragshots will be useless, as you'll be dead before you have a chance to scope in.
#rekt
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6404|Earth

Mint Sauce wrote:

But frawg, dragshots will be useless, as you'll be dead before you have a chance to scope in.
Incorrect. The best dragshot snipers can long range dragshot. You either overestimate medics or underestimate snipers, but I can say with complete confidence that the ONLY advantage you medics have is your paddles.
Signature
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5793|sweden

pyscofrawg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Incorrect. The best dragshot snipers can long range dragshot. You either overestimate medics or underestimate snipers, but I can say with complete confidence that the ONLY advantage you medics have is your paddles.
someone is bound to get disappointed ;D
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6285|eng

pyscofrawg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

I never said they couldn't, did I? I was only having a joke, jeez..
#rekt
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6683|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
eh we get out l96 woot drag shots and when i feel like bustin a nut ill whip out frawgs dead svd
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6507|Los Angeles, California
I was part of the first one... friggin blackhawk ramming on wake lol.

AK47 > all. Accuracy of M16, power of 101.

Anyways, meds will win, on ticket bleed alone...

Last edited by chaosdragon001 (2008-06-20 14:59:17)

Fateless
+36|6241|Jennifer Connellys Pants

pyscofrawg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Glad it's open weapons now, good one Mint. You medics stand a reasonable chance to win...............kinda
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6190|Roma

pyscofrawg wrote:

...that the ONLY advantage you medics have is your paddles.
Lets hope the Medics get to use them offensively <3
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Barrakuda777
+86|6735|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

Mint Sauce wrote:

Right, I think i've decided on the maps; 32 size Dalian and 32 size Sharqi, both good maps for either team. There shall be NO unlocks, the use of claymores is allowed, but only to protect your position, and finally, Snipers may NOT pick up a medic kit to heal themselves, but obviously can use medipacks already thrown on the ground.

I'm thinking around 16 players a team, maybe more, maybe less.. So far I have 3 for my team, kptk92; PrivateVendetta and Me. I need medics to tell me on XFire or via PM if they want to play, i'm not taking any "o lol u no i wana pley jsut put me down" in this thread. Also, RDMC, I hope you make the right choice, there will be a medic slot waiting for you. big_smile

XFire is MintSauce41.
Dude, no offense but i dont think thats a fair way to pick the maps, firstly, I would want : we select one, you select one - like last time.
In the interest of fair play and unless anyone else wants to, I will offer to head up snipers and I think if we can agree the rules then we can post them all up.

I have you on xfire so lets chat on that about rules. I essentially think that fewer rules are better as we are not going to be able to police anyway. Apart from changing kits to assault / attack with I think anything goes. If snipers fend off an assault, grab the kit n spam packs, change back and everyones happy. Likewise grab a kit and spam the nades / clays at will.

I would personally prefer karkand to sharki and not having sniped on dalian much would probably suggest we snipers would prefer zatar...

However, lets get the names, agree some dates and we can put forward a map each.

Kooda

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2008-06-21 09:09:55)

hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5793|sweden

Barrakuda777 wrote:

If snipers fend off an assault, grab the kit n spam packs, change back and everyones happy. Likewise grab a kit and spam the nades / clays at will.
yeah, and when they pick up the kit to heal, it happens to be an ak101 with the kit, and an enemy medic just happens to run up to you. i don't think you'd be able to hold your reflexes at bay.
no touching the opposite teams kits, end of story.
suggest we snipers would prefer zatar...
zatar isn't a map, it's 3 textures in different elevations with some water. second worst map to infantry on next to highway tampa.

Last edited by hiberNative (2008-06-21 10:27:13)

pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6404|Earth

hiberNative wrote:

zatar isn't a map, it's 3 textures in different elevations with some water. second worst map to infantry on next to highway tampa.
Huge maps with a great view distance and not much place to hide? Sounds like a win to me.
Signature
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6190|Roma

hiberNative wrote:

What do textures have to do with it being a good map for infantry?
Karkand has 1 colour, seems to be quite popular.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6285|eng

pyscofrawg wrote:

hiberNative wrote:

Huge maps with a great view distance and not much place to hide? Sounds like a win to me.
Do you seriously want to be running around Zatar.

Tell you what. Pick any map but Zatar. Our choice is Sharqi.
#rekt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard