CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6845|Missoula, MT
I downloaded and played this demo.  Pretty nice.  I hadn't played the first one so I don't know how they compare, but I liked it.  It's no BF2.  But, the graphics and detail were awesome.  Just the smoke effects alone were great.  I liked the objectives part of it.  Instead of just running around capping the same flags over and over again.  I played through once on "Easy" just to see how it was, breezed right through the first two objectives without a scratch.  Played through as "Expert" (funny, it says "You won't survive" lol) that took a little longer.  Almost like playing against live players instead of bots, except they just stayed in one little area and weren't as sneaky.

Too bad the demo is only single-player, unlike BF2's demo which we all got to enjoy together.  Anyone else played this demo?  Your thoughts...   

This demo only really needs one thing...More Cowbell!

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-10-03 05:20:46)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6852|-
I loved the demo! I cannot wait for the full game to come out. This is certainly a worthy sequal to the first Call of Duty.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6837
I meant to download that.. I guess I'll do it now.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6848|Bryan/College Station, TX
Never did play the first Call of Duty. I'll download the demo and see what it's like.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6842|A Small Isle in the Tropics

kilroy0097 wrote:

Never did play the first Call of Duty. I'll download the demo and see what it's like.
Great game, or at least CoD and CoD United Offensive..been playing that for a while before i bought BF2.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6812|Lake Constanze, Germany
It's out?? I'll have to download.....immediately....i loved CoD - played online a lot!

The FEAR multiplayer demo is out, too....very funny!

Grab it here!!!

Greetz,
Agent
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

this is a freaking frustration, I tell you.. i am sitting here at the HongKong airport in transit, signing in to BF2S to read the forums (instead of reading my company emails), about to board the plane and head to San Jose, CA..and not being able to play BF2 for a whole freaking week..and I read about you guys downloading CoD II.. Aaaaaaargggghhhh..

grrrr.. just had to vent.. my hands are starting to tremble..withdrawal symptoms  coming..
SpanktorTheGreat
Bringer of slight pain and mild discomfort.
+1|6818

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I loved the demo! I cannot wait for the full game to come out. This is certainly a worthy sequal to the first Call of Duty.
I agree.

And yes it could use a bit more cowbell CMDR_Dave
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6845|Missoula, MT

mikeshw wrote:

this is a freaking frustration, I tell you.. i am sitting here at the HongKong airport in transit, signing in to BF2S to read the forums (instead of reading my company emails), about to board the plane and head to San Jose, CA..and not being able to play BF2 for a whole freaking week..and I read about you guys downloading CoD II.. Aaaaaaargggghhhh..

grrrr.. just had to vent.. my hands are starting to tremble..withdrawal symptoms  coming..
Sympathies m, we'll game it up for you in your absence.  Have a safe flight!  And like Seinfeld says, don't forget to use the restroom on the plane even if you don't have to go.  It's like a little apartment.  Check out the slot for used razor blades!  Who is shaving on the plane?  And shaving so much that they're using up razor blades?! 
crusaderop50
+1|6845
AWESOME DEMO!!!!  the real thing is out this month the 25.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6852|San Francisco

I didn't play the demo, but watched Chuy and Shrtcww play it through. To be honest I thought it looked really cartoony. May have been the human models, may have partially been the almost flat shaded texture job, but I don't think a semi-serious war game like Call of Duty should look that cartoon-like. I only vaguely remember the first CoD, but I don't remember it being at all like this demo is.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6844|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I can't take it!!! No more references to the cowbell! Holy Crap!

BTW... now that i've calmed down, i know that there are like 8 dozen sites to download the demo from, but what's a good fast one dave?
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6845|Missoula, MT
I got it off xfire...but I wasn't in a hurry.  I let it download all night while I wasn't sitting there waiting on it.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

CMDR_Dave wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

Sympathies m, we'll game it up for you in your absence.  Have a safe flight!  And like Seinfeld says, don't forget to use the restroom on the plane even if you don't have to go.  It's like a little apartment.  Check out the slot for used razor blades!  Who is shaving on the plane?  And shaving so much that they're using up razor blades?! 
happiest day of my life..i am now in H0ngk0ng in transit on my back to home.. and...

a) Download 1.03 (it has been horrible just reading about it in the forums and not being able to play)
b) Download CoD II Demo
c) Install 1.03
d) Install CoD II Demo
e) Play Bf2
f) Play CoD II
g) bitch about 1.03 on the forums
h) praise CoD II on the forums

life outside Bf2 was not good..not good..
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6837
LAme, I hated it. felt so cartoonish. after playing BF2 it's hard to play something like that.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
It kicks. The heat mirages are so sick at the beginning. I can't wait.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6834|USA! USA! USA!
Aren't there a bunch of you guys living in CA? (chuy??)  I can't believe you guys wouldn't hook mike up with a fix!  I feel your pain mike!  I haven't had hardly any time to play, but I plan on getting caught up tomorrow!!
MattCicioni
+1|6833|Arizona

CMDR_Dave wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

You Stole that from Jerry Sinfield (Razorblade thing).  I have that comdey album... "I'm Telling you for the last time!"

https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/awards.jpg
MattCicioni
+1|6833|Arizona
Couple of things.

I am a huge COD fan.  That was my game of choice for about a year.  I don't think it looks too cartoony. I got the demo and really liked it.  Perhaps on your computer you have the low settings on without the shaders?

Anyways, I tried to download the F.E.A.R demo.  I installed it, but every time I ran it, my system froze.  So finally I gave up.  F.E.A.R should hit retail stores next Tuesday, so I'll wait until then to buy it.  I believe COD comes the week after that.  So those two games should keep us gamers very busy.

On a side note:  Over at gametrailers.com or G4TV.com there was an intersting interview with the project lead on COD2 and he said they were able to get better frame rates on the XBOX 360 that the PC version.  I thought that was interesting.  I am probably going to get both, even though they are the same game.  I pre-ordered my 360 the first day they were offered and I'm getting 5 games with my order, and COD2 is one of them.  But that doesn't ship until Nov. 22 and I actually can not wait that long to play it.  Hopefully it will keep me happy until my XBOX 360 arrives.

I really liked the multiplayer COD, expecially after they added the tanks and jeeps in the expanison pack.

Oh, and I do all my download through, fileplanet.com free public servers, it never takes very long to download anything.
I need to go to bed now.

-matt

mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

Krauser98 wrote:

Aren't there a bunch of you guys living in CA? (chuy??)  I can't believe you guys wouldn't hook mike up with a fix!  I feel your pain mike!  I haven't had hardly any time to play, but I plan on getting caught up tomorrow!!
chuy did.. he just said that gaming centres dont make too much dough these days, so not too many of them lying around..so I am SOL.. shit out of luck..

And...i may be back in San Jose again in 3 weeks time..!!! aaaargggh... Miakei suggested that i get a shuttle pc, darn good idea if not for the fact that i lived in high voltage country..220V 50hz versus 110V 60hz in the US, so i need to carry a transformer either direction.. truly SOL
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6845|Missoula, MT

MattCicioni wrote:

CMDR_Dave wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

You Stole that from Jerry Sinfield (Razorblade thing).  I have that comdey album... "I'm Telling you for the last time!"
I didn't steal...I clearly said "like Seinfeld says".  Credit given. 
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
reading.... CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

...the more you know...

*sighs*

YOU'RE A BAD MAN DAVE... o wait... nvmd.
MattCicioni
+1|6833|Arizona

CMDR_Dave wrote:

MattCicioni wrote:

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I didn't steal...I clearly said "like Seinfeld says".  Credit given. 
My apoligies, I didn't see that for some reason.  It was late and I was tired.  I'm also a moron. ;-)

CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6845|Missoula, MT
No harm no foul...all is cool.
Xaritix
Banned
+1|6629|Somewhere near Beverly Hills
Call of Duty sucks!!!

Its too linear, they say: go up those stairs and kill stuff, but you cant go up the outher stairs because theres a door that dosn't open!

plus, on one level, british soldiers were getting mowed down by a machine gun, and they just kept coming, and they still died even when nobody was around and I killed the machine gunner!

that game is crap C R A P crap!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard