The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6743|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Hello

A mate of mine has just had his midlife crisis and is off on his jollys. Well l'm a spot envious and thought l might treat myself to mine early as well (I'm 26). Have it now saves having it later!
I was thinking of trying to learn the lead guitar, but am open to suggestions.
With the Guitar thing anyone got any suggestions to someone whos musical talent stretchs about as far as shower singing. Badly.
I don't fancy splashing out for lessons. So any good dvd/ internet lessons? Anyone else just decided to start playing?
I was think of starting with the iAXE393 USB-Guitar thing and learning on that. Its not badly priced. Is it any good?
Basicly l'm starting from scratch and l've come to the mighty BF2S for advice and guidance.

Cheers chaps and good luck to anyone else having or about to have a midlife crisis!
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6324|England
Find tabs Here. For me tabs is easier than learning notes. Also try and acquire Guitar Pro
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

shouldn't you be buying a sports car then?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

max wrote:

What on my bloody wages!
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

You're too young for a mid-life crisis, at 26 you should be having your quarter-life crisis.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london
so you cut your lifespan to 52 years?
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida
Firstly, you talk funny.

Secondly, i just got my dad a guitar for fathers day and its hard as shit to learn.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

God Save the Queen wrote:

so you cut your lifespan to 52 years?
Yeah, definitely not as optimistic:

chittydog wrote:

You're too young for a mid-life crisis, at 26 you should be having your quarter-life crisis.
As these guys, who think they'll live to ~100
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida
Im 16 and i think im having a 1/6th life crisis.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

Mitch wrote:

No you just need to stop crying and mitching over everything. Yeah that's right, mitching. Unique only to you, other bf2s members will know what I'm on about
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6420|My room
I will live to be 35,000.

That's in days.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6233|United Kingdom

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Mitch wrote:

No you just need to stop crying and mitching over everything. Yeah that's right, mitching. Unique only to you, other bf2s members will know what I'm on about
Yeah .. oh wait ...
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6392|The Gem Saloon
go get a tattoo and call it a day.

no, im joking....kinda.

im actually learning to play the banjo right now, and the only thing i can tell is to be patient.

edit:

Mitch wrote:

no Mitch, you just have a vagina sometimes.

Last edited by Parker (2008-06-16 10:28:36)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6647|Washington DC

About a year ago, my next door neighbor had a major affair for his mid-life crisis and left his wife and 4 adopted kids ... what a dick.

For mine, I bought a home gym.  My wife is very supportive. 
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6217|Phoenix, AZ

ShadowsStrike wrote:

Find tabs Here. For me tabs is easier than learning notes. Also try and acquire Guitar Pro
qft.

Thats how I learned guitar
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
My mates dad had a mid-life crisis.

He bought a Ducati, Porsche 911, Drum set and home cinema.

My dad had a mid-life crisis.

He bought a shirt from Topman, and a Starbucks coffee.

I think i got the shit deal tbh.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6841|England

max wrote:

That's what I did!

(I'm only 26 )
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
I can't afford a bloody sports car! Besides l'd only wrap it around a tree. Thanks for your help fellas.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

I say give it a shot. I've been playing the guitar for 6-7 years and I'm only just now considering myself "good", that is with having a musical background of course, so it is difficult. Learning the basics though and geting a few decent sonding songs out there takes a pretty short time. The stuff that takes a long time is when you start playing the McKees, the Buckinghams and the Dufours as I am, (blatant show off that I am.)

Get a cheap guitar, learn some chords, put 'em together to make some songs and work on it from there.

But yeah, you're too young to have a mid-life crisis.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6841|England

The_Guardsman wrote:

I can't afford a bloody sports car!
Neither can I!

Learning the guitar would be great, a few friends have, and although I couldn't put in the hours, they did, and really enjoy it!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6626|IRELAND

You need to get a 2 seater sports car with soft top and a 17 year old blond with bigger bra size than IQ and your there.

I have had several mid life crisis. I went here both times. http://www.burningman.com/ Great place to loose the plot.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH
I am closer to mid-life crisis but I think I have a hold of myself; I rather pimp my PC than my ride. On the flip side, I saw a young twenty year old girl who works out.....I wanted to hit that.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5981|Perth, indian ocean

The_Guardsman wrote:

I was thinking of trying to learn the lead guitar
YES
DO IT
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6130|Carnoustie, Scotland

chittydog wrote:

I fucking LOVE editing wiki pages.

EDIT: Fuck me they change it back fast.

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2008-06-18 05:30:05)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

I might follow your lead and learn guitar myself, had a cheapish Yamaha sat in my room for over a year untouched, never got round to using it at all

+1 to Shadow for the linkage, just got Guitar Pro too, see how things go

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard