VicktorVauhn
+319|6388|Southern California
Less weight = badasstastic
Tube frame = badasstastic...
Freaky blinking headlights = ....well you get the point.

I am all for it, assuming it works aerodynamically... Though doesn't seem like it would have the durabilty you would want....Ever seen an old ragtop bubble out? Imagine the whole car.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6218|Brisneyland
Assuming that the structure underneath was strong, it would probably be ok in an accident.
At first I thought that it was another Chris Bangle disaster ( like the 7 series and the flame surfacing on the Z4) but then I realised that this is pretty amazing stuff and may well be the way of the future. Apart from being different I couldnt think of anything that wasnt to like.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6578|MANCHESTERRR
absolutely incredible.

a very nice insight into what the future cars may be like.
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6839|England

SealXo wrote:

kylef wrote:

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/139721/bda1af5b/wierd_nieuw_bmwconcept.html

Sorry for the language, but wow ... that thing looks like a Z4RS. RS being "rocket ship"
EW, Bmws, the ultimate driving machine
LAWL NOT

AMG > M any day
You driven a few M cars, and a few AMGs then?? According to your statement, you either havent been anywhere near either, or think drag racing is the pinnacle of motoring.

Anyhoo,  looking at the concepts from most manufacturers, the future will definately be lighter. This is great for the driving experience, and should be good for the wallet. Unless they make them from stupidly-expensive-for-no-real-reason-ium of course.

Just a shame that before we get to the lighter stuff, we stick sodding great engines into sodding great saloons. ( I am aware that I own one of those, but still...)
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6323|Australia
It'll be all futuristic and fun until some dumbshit with a pocketknife goes at it one night in your driveway....

Benzin
+576|5994
Shame Lotus can't get it's aluminum frame tech into more cars, that's some good stuff.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6738|London

GINA is an acronym that stands for Geometry Function n (infinite number) and Adaptations.

GFNA?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6728|St. Andrews / Oslo

Dauntless wrote:

GINA is an acronym that stands for Geometry Function n (infinite number) and Adaptations.

GFNA?
yeah, I noticed that too
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
TrueMusou
+36|6156|United States Of Hamerica
That is very creative...but I would imagine people tearing the hell out of the skin if you parked it somewhere....
SealXo
+309|6531

Teamsreth wrote:

SealXo wrote:

kylef wrote:

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/139721/bda1af5b/wierd_nieuw_bmwconcept.html

Sorry for the language, but wow ... that thing looks like a Z4RS. RS being "rocket ship"
LAWL NOT

AMG > M any day
You driven a few M cars, and a few AMGs then?? According to your statement, you either havent been anywhere near either, or think drag racing is the pinnacle of motoring.

Anyhoo,  looking at the concepts from most manufacturers, the future will definately be lighter. This is great for the driving experience, and should be good for the wallet. Unless they make them from stupidly-expensive-for-no-real-reason-ium of course.

Just a shame that before we get to the lighter stuff, we stick sodding great engines into sodding great saloons. ( I am aware that I own one of those, but still...)
I have one about 10 feet away from me actually.
thx

Last edited by SealXo (2008-06-11 17:24:55)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6628

SealXo wrote:

Teamsreth wrote:

SealXo wrote:

LAWL NOT

AMG > M any day

thx
Model cars bought at hobby stores don't count. BMW ftw!
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker
Interesting, but fugly.
SealXo
+309|6531

Gooners wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Teamsreth wrote:

thx
I didn't know model cars could destroy M6's M5's M3's Callaway Corvettes Carerra 4s's ferarri modenas.......
535hp 6.2 V8 ftw.

Sure a M is better on the track. but who gives a fuck? Id rather be able to do donuts and peel out of turns at the slightest touch of the pedals. And thats what people want.

Can your BMW do this?

Oh and they are hand assembled by the best engineers in the world.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-06-11 17:42:20)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6628

SealXo wrote:

Gooners wrote:

SealXo wrote:

thx
Sure a M is better on the track. but who gives a fuck? Id rather be able to do donuts and peel out of turns at the slightest touch of the pedals. And thats what people want.

Oh and BMW's they are hand assembled by the best engineers in the world.
Because everyone wants a car that can do donuts.
SealXo
+309|6531

Gooners wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Alright, you want to talk track?

CLK DTM vs any bmw youd like.

GT3000 Lambo is behind like 10 lenghts the whole time until traffic comes up

Last edited by SealXo (2008-06-11 17:48:47)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6628

SealXo wrote:

Gooners wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Alright, you want to talk track?

CLK DTM vs any bmw youd like.

GT3000 Lambo is behind like 10 lenghts the whole time until traffic comes up
You're getting so worked up... Ha ha ha, I can't even drive. I'm just trying to defend my uncle because he has an M5 07', and even if the merc is quicker I'd still take the M5 because it looks better also. imo
SealXo
+309|6531

Gooners wrote:

You're getting so worked up... Ha ha ha, I can't even drive. I'm just trying to defend my uncle because he has an M5 07', and even if the merc is quicker I'd still take the M5 because it looks better also. imo
Ultimate Driving machine tehee....
Whatever you say i personally think there pretty ugly, well not ugly, but no where near the e63. The wheels are the biggest fail on bmws.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-06-11 17:53:56)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6628

SealXo wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Whatever you say i personally think there pretty ugly. The wheels are the biggest fail on bmws.
No wai.

https://img.worldcarfans.com/US/2005/10/4/7051004.001/7051004.001.1M.jpg

=

Btw he does have the hartge package on there, + chip, and some other aftermarket parts taking it too 560HP

Last edited by Gooners (2008-06-11 17:55:59)

SealXo
+309|6531

Gooners wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Whatever you say i personally think there pretty ugly. The wheels are the biggest fail on bmws.
No wai.

http://img.worldcarfans.com/US/2005/10/ … 001.1M.jpg

=
The front end and the wheels on that arnt stock.

btw it has a chip for 535
I think its just silly that they need a V10 to pump out less horse than the stock 63

Last edited by SealXo (2008-06-11 17:57:06)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6628

Yes. They. Are.

They're just a bigger size.
SealXo
+309|6531

Gooners wrote:

Yes. They. Are.

No they arnt. The wheels on that hartage are two pieces and they are one piece stock
and that front bumper isnt stock for sure
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6628

SealXo wrote:

Gooners wrote:

SealXo wrote:

No wai.

http://img.worldcarfans.com/US/2005/10/ … 001.1M.jpg

=

I think its just silly that they need a V10 to pump out less horse than the stock 63
Well not really, what is the M6?

A more finely tuned M5 V10 engine. 50 odd horsepower difference. But the M6 looks like shit.

SealXo wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Yes. They. Are.

No they arnt. The wheels on that hartage are two pieces and they are one piece stock
The front isn't stock, that's with the Hartge package as I already mentioned, or did I?

Nvm the wheels are different. Good one pointing it out

Last edited by Gooners (2008-06-11 18:02:27)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
I've only ever driven a BMW, so i can't fairly comment.

I've an uncle though, who used to race semi-pro rally.

He's driven tons of each type, new and old, and every single time he's sided with the BMW over it's Merc counterpart.

Reasoning: He says the BMW feels a lot more engaging, the handling's a lot more direct to what he's doing, the gear changes are better, the engines more responsive - it's proper driving by feel.

And i think he's probably got more experience at driving than most people on these forums.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SealXo
+309|6531

Gooners wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Well not really, what is the M6?

A more finely tuned M5 V10 engine. 50 odd horsepower difference. But the M6 looks like shit.

SealXo wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Yes. They. Are.

The front isn't stock, that's with the Hartge package as I already mentioned, or did I?

Nvm the wheels are different. Good one pointing it out
Hahah yes thank you I have OCD when it comes to cars I notice everything. Yeah the hartage I will admit looks pretty nice when I normally do not like aftermarket anything. But i still think the plain m5 looks pretty meeh.

And agreed 6 series looks like a huge bubble
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6628

it doesn't look intimidating, like the M5.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard