Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

bennisboy wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Bell wrote:

lol!  It is pretty dam good, just wish I could use a keyboard and mouse for it :\
Exactly.

This game was MADE for keyboard and mouse. Completely. Just imagine the epicness of that.

Sniping is the only thing I enjoy, it's incredibly good. I love just sitting and picking people off. Although I dislike the fact that the zoom looks as if it has been spat on and is blurry on the sides. I mean, make it realistic and all, but since when has a sniper sniped when dirt was on their reticule?

I hate the APC, it locks way too much. Smoke is good. Destruction is alright - too much of it is pre-programmed and it's a bit unrealistic when you suddenly zoom in on a part of the battlefield and huge building which was there a second ago has vanished completely.

I think this would have been superb on the computer, the console is just a tad annoying at times for games like these. The only thing I think will be very good is a city map. That will be

Miggle wrote:

Having played the demo, I don't see any reason not to, feels like a pc game, the controls are uncomfortable and gameplay is far too good.
We should protest, because this game is way too good to miss out on for pc.

It is incredibly annoying to see this game on consoles when it feels like a pc game, because console controls are terrible.

Bring back cross com, bring back parachutes and prone, and bring this to PC

NAO
Well no, cos thaats why they are making BF3. I think the game works brilliantly on console. Plus it means the people with the best rigs dont have an advantage cos everyone is on the same system.

No prone doesn't really bother me.
The controls dont bother me
The only thing that does is lack of cross-com, you cant call for medics n stuff
I wouldn't have a problem with getting both this and BF3, it wouldn't be that hard for them to port BC to PC, would it?

edit: 4 QUOTE PYRAMID? LOLWUT?

Last edited by Miggle (2008-06-05 12:51:17)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6304|The | Netherlands

Poseidon wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

oshi-

I didn't know this:

HELLZ YEAH

Also, it's gone gold:

http://www.ea.com/read/20080605-BattlefieldNews.xml
Oh, I thought this mode is already in the game.

So is it just the Goldrush mode?
Nope, just Goldrush, which tbh I don't mind. But Conquest will be fun. It'll ship with 8 maps.
Goldrush is fine, but the out of bounds thing is fucked up. When you drive out of bounds, you have 5 seconds to get out it or you're done.

Miggle wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Bell wrote:

lol!  It is pretty dam good, just wish I could use a keyboard and mouse for it :\
Exactly.

This game was MADE for keyboard and mouse. Completely. Just imagine the epicness of that.

Sniping is the only thing I enjoy, it's incredibly good. I love just sitting and picking people off. Although I dislike the fact that the zoom looks as if it has been spat on and is blurry on the sides. I mean, make it realistic and all, but since when has a sniper sniped when dirt was on their reticule?

I hate the APC, it locks way too much. Smoke is good. Destruction is alright - too much of it is pre-programmed and it's a bit unrealistic when you suddenly zoom in on a part of the battlefield and huge building which was there a second ago has vanished completely.

I think this would have been superb on the computer, the console is just a tad annoying at times for games like these. The only thing I think will be very good is a city map. That will be
We should protest, because this game is way too good to miss out on for pc.

It is incredibly annoying to see this game on consoles when it feels like a pc game, because console controls are terrible.

Bring back cross com, bring back parachutes and prone, and bring this to PC

NAO
Well no, cos thaats why they are making BF3. I think the game works brilliantly on console. Plus it means the people with the best rigs dont have an advantage cos everyone is on the same system.

No prone doesn't really bother me.
The controls dont bother me
The only thing that does is lack of cross-com, you cant call for medics n stuff
I wouldn't have a problem with getting both this and BF3, it wouldn't be that hard for them to port BC to PC, would it?

edit: 4 QUOTE PYRAMID? LOLWUT?
Battlefield: Modern Combat on the PS2/Xbox wasn't the same as BF2. They didn't port it back then, and they won't do it now.

Last edited by 3lmo (2008-06-05 13:02:30)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK
I don't really like the helicopters. Tbh it feels like a PC game like Zimmer was saying. Otherwise its fine! Much better than what i was expecting, apart from sniping, which i dont like , i think its just the default guns though.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue

SEREVENT wrote:

I don't really like the helicopters. Tbh it feels like a PC game like Zimmer was saying. Otherwise its fine! Much better than what i was expecting, apart from sniping, which i dont like , i think its just the default guns though.
You'll like helicopters  if you get better at them. All I can do is hover, but that's fine more the most part because I let my gunner do all the work But like I posted yesterday, I got lucky with a hella good pilot and we tore everything up. Destroyed about 4-5 gold crates just on our own, and he got about 516 and I 409 points.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK

Goven wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

You'll like helicopters  if you get better at them. All I can do is hover, but that's fine more the most part because I let my gunner do all the work But like I posted yesterday, I got lucky with a hella good pilot and we tore everything up. Destroyed about 4-5 gold crates just on our own, and he got about 516 and I 409 points.
Wow. The most i got was 170 something. Ah well.
pirate7474
Oh noes!
+11|6000|USA
I posted earlier on page 4, but I'm still having trouble with downloading BF:BC.  It's not showing up at all anywhere in the PS store.  I think it's not updated yet but I can't find a way to auto-update the PS Store.  I'm the USA eastern time so it should be there, yet it isnt.

Pics or it didnt happen...
https://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9234/bfbcrh0.jpg
https://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2808/bfbc2ck3.jpg

EDIT: stupid thumbnails.

Last edited by pirate7474 (2008-06-05 13:55:10)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California
^^^ that is exactly the same for me?

Did I have to have pre-ordered?  I know all you guys didn't pre order, why isn't it in PS store for me?
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland
I love this game, finally snipers really have an influence, I love takin out armlur with the laser designator!
VicktorVauhn
How big are the maps?

I want the demo but sony wont give it to me
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK

bennisboy wrote:

I love this game, finally snipers really have an influence, I love takin out armlur with the laser designator!
I cant figure out how to make the bomb hit the target
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

I take it there caping the ranks?  I got to what I think was corpral and cant progress since the next rank is slated at being 1400000000 points :\.  Still, I spose thats fine since it is just the demo, am defo pre-ordering this now.  I wonder though it will pry me away from metal gear solid 4, that has online aswell.

Martyn
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

3lmo wrote:

Battlefield: Modern Combat on the PS2/Xbox wasn't the same as BF2. They didn't port it back then, and they won't do it now.
Unlike wit BC there was no demand for a port to PC as with MC the PC already had a superior version. BC is something new that would be better suited for the PC so there is massive demand for a PC version.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6304|The | Netherlands

SEREVENT wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

I cant figure out how to make the bomb hit the target
You need to unlock the item which will make you able to do that.

Bell wrote:

I take it there caping the ranks?  I got to what I think was corpral and cant progress since the next rank is slated at being 1400000000 points :\.  Still, I spose thats fine since it is just the demo, am defo pre-ordering this now.  I wonder though it will pry me away from metal gear solid 4, that has online aswell.

Martyn
There are only 4 ranks included in the demo if I am right.

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Unlike wit BC there was no demand for a port to PC as with MC the PC already had a superior version. BC is something new that would be better suited for the PC so there is massive demand for a PC version.
Well there were a few months between those 2 too if I am right, and as BF3 will come in the fall of this year, it's about the same. Correct me if I am wrong.
VicktorVauhn
So this literally works for everyone but me and Pirate?
Damn thats shit.
icecold2510
+31|6295
I'm getting pissed, PSN hasn't updated for me!

And I want to get that damn God of War track for free today also for GH3
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6449

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
Xblade-3o5- teamkilled me with a knife on purpose    and i seem to be having some lag problems

other then that my first few rounds went fantastic

<3 sniper

will be preordering for sure

Last edited by krazed (2008-06-05 18:03:38)

Scratch[USA]
+105|6548

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Damn thats shit.
Me too
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
FUCK YEAH! Corporal baby! I get a free unlock now when I play the full version. Damn, 2100 points...that's almost as much as I ever got in BF2 (3500 or something...didn't play too much). :S
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6343|Atlanta, Georgia

krazed wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Hopefully prone will be on the PC version. Jet's wouldn't be good in such small scale battles. You really need at least 30 players before jets are fun.
there is no pc version
why cant anyone understand that simple fact...

THERE IS NO PC VERSION NOR WILL THEIR EVER BE!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
PC version = BF3.
pvtmoustacheride
5 cents
+11|6604|Iowa, USA

Scratch[USA] wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Damn thats shit.
Me too
I'm in the same boat too.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys
i like how the release date for the full game is going to be a day after bf2s 3rd year in existance
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6546|Flower Mound, TX
My first impression.

Well I had heard alot about the game and it's ability to go anywhere and do anything and I was able to test this halfway through the first level. I was stuck outside a building and needed to get to the guy inside to kill him. I knew he was watching the door so I thought, what the hell I'll try it. Though it sounded out of this world at the time, I turned on the grenade launcher and blasted my way through the wall suprising the guy and shooting him in the back. After this experience I knre it was too good to be true. I decided to try the multiplayer out to see how the squad gameplay would turn out. I have to say I wasn't too happy with the layout but it maybe just because it is the demo and it will get improved in the full version but I still had alot of fun. I was able to promote after 200 points in my first round getting a 9.1 SPM by the end. It pretty much feels like every battlefield game except with controls that respond similar to COD4. I got a few sniper headshots and some kills on running targets, then I remembered that sniping bores me within the first 5 minutes. So next time I died I switched over to the demolitions class (rocket launcher and shotgun and grenades) and got about 180 points from that. I blew up several tanks and got blown up by several tanks. The game also uses a similar shooting through walls system like cod4 except this time when a TANK shoots your wall, your wall is gone and you better haul ass out of there (learned the hard way).

So I would have to say overall it is the best game for this day and age. The graphics surpassed cod4 on 1080p HD on my 360 and the game feels so real that it sucked me in for a full 2 hours when it only felt like 5 minutes. If you haven't pre-ordered this game then you definately should because this one will be hard to find on the shelves for the first few weeks.
kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london

Scratch[USA] wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Damn thats shit.
Me too

DICE wrote:

We have just been reached by news from Sony in North America that they are running late with pushing the demo live. No ETA was provided...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard