rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6553

CameronPoe wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

raped, murdered, and enslaved. Pfft.
Yeah - white people never get raped or murdered and slavery of whites is just a myth. A Christian who disbelieves in the Exodus? Hmmmm.
I was referring to the US, my leprauchaun friend.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6553

God Save the Queen wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Isn't Rawls Latino or something? Probably a Mestizo? How can you hate on your own ancestors?
ignorance could be one reason.  the most likely.
No way man. I am so enlightened it's not funny. Its not racist to think white people should not bitch about percieved racism against them. You see blacks bieng racist towards whites, let them be. They are only hurting themselves. I mean whats the worst that can happen.

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Isn't Rawls Latino or something? Probably a Mestizo? How can you hate on your own ancestors?
Explain?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

rawls2 wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

No way man. I am so enlightened it's not funny. Its not racist to think white people should not bitch about percieved racism against them. You see blacks bieng racist towards whites, let them be. They are only hurting themselves. I mean whats the worst that can happen.
Yer kiddin' right?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)

paul386 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

paul386 wrote:

No its not quite like that.

Again you are attaching the group mentality to the situation.

In your example, the guy gets punched.

The people stop punching him.

He has children, they were never punched.

I never punched anyone, yet his children are mad at me because I resemble the people that punched him.
Well, the chances are, those children will have shitty life growing up because they're dad, rightfully, has a chip on his shoulder from being punched so much, and, so, the children are pissed off about how what was done to their dad has effect their own lives.

paul386 wrote:

You are saying that I did wrong and I should have to pay for it?
No, I'm saying that this is the way the world works, and to some degree is understandable.

lowing wrote:

Based on that, does that mean it is up to everyone else just how long we are going to listen and cater to this lame excuse for personal failure.
In essence, yes.

In time things will change, but it takes more than a generation or so for an entire population to get over the misdeeds done to that population in the past.

And it is only a generation or so - thinking just in terms of when slavery ended is wrong - as I have said before, blacks in America were still being oppressed for quite some time after the abolition of slavery - those, more recent, acts are still fresh in the minds of many black-americans.

Give it time.
So you want to assume that all black Americans should be given special benefits because people that resembled their skin color (but were not necessarily related to them in any way) were enslaved and opressed in the past?
No, I am saying that many people in America understandably feel aggrieved because people that are related to them were oppressed in the very near past.

One also has to remember that those same Americans, because of the oppression of there forebears, have had a disadvantaged start in life, in a society that is meant to provide 'an equal opportunity' to all.

No society is truly equal and the disadvantaged of today are the product of events in the society of yesterday. And this will always be the case.

The exact racial mix of the disadvantaged will shift with time, but, because of very recent oppression of blacks in America a statistically higher proportion of Americans of black origin, than Americans of white origin, currently start life at a disadvantage.

This will change, but this kind of societal change takes many generations, not one or two.

Also, it is my belief that society has a duty to help it's disadvantaged members, irrespective of any form of categorization.

lowing wrote:

I guess it doesn't matter that those that have been "punched in the face" are not the same as those that are claiming an aggrieved status does it?
It matters that they started life at a disadvantage because their parents/grandparents were punched in the face.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-06-05 17:26:35)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England

rawls2 wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Explain?
What do you mean explain? Mestizo's account for nearly all of the Latin American population. In other words, a mixture of European and Amerindian ancestry.

So here you are talking trash about White people when some of your ancestors were just that. (inb4 m3thod comes in talking about monkeys and Africa)

Unless, you're not mestizo
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

It matters that they started life at a disadvantage because their parents/grandparents were punched in the face.
What does that have to do with race? Anybody can be born poor and disadvantaged.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Explain?
What do you mean explain? Mestizo's account for nearly all of the Latin American population. In other words, a mixture of European and Amerindian ancestry.

So here you are talking trash about White people when some of your ancestors were just that. (inb4 m3thod comes in talking about monkeys and Africa)

Unless, you're not mestizo
wtf? Since when have i called people from africa monkeys? Hindoos you're losing your marbles.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5976|Perth, indian ocean
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I guess it doesn't matter that those that have been "punched in the face" are not the same as those that are claiming an aggrieved status does it?
...and when exactly do plan to stop excusing personal failure with bullshit such as this??
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6176|Ireland
White people have a secret handshake that allows them to instantly succeed in life, we would rather die than show it to a minority.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6100|Birmingham, UK
What is racism. I'll answe that.

Its people thinking one religion/race is better. Many Muslims at my school believe this. No offence to Muslim people, most are nice, but there are some people, not just Muslims, that think that they can just say/do what ever they want. I've been called everything from white to white dickhead. Why? I wouldn't do someone's homework for him.

I was in line to go to a shop and someone turned to me and said "What religion are you?" I say "Christian" and he asked if i was Catholic. I said Protestant. He started saying things like "Oh yeah thatfat guy made it up to do things". You know, at least know what your talking about before you start accussing people.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

...and when exactly do plan to stop excusing personal failure with bullshit such as this??
The problem with this attitude is that a system of 'opportunity for all' simply doesn't work. Each new player (new person born into the system) is not given a fair starting hand - it is determined by the success of their parents (who's starting hand was determined by the success of their parents, and so on) - so not everybody has an equal chance of fulfilling their potential.

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Anybody can be born poor and disadvantaged.
But not just 'anybody' is born disadvantaged because of the racism inflicted on their forebears.
killcommies
+3|5797
Personally, the majority of racism itself does not lie in the color of ones skin, but their general behavior. Living in a place such as mine, I hate countless people who are black, but its because of the way they act. I know very few good and hard working black men, the vast majority here are the typical MTV ones.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

The problem with this attitude is that a system of 'opportunity for all' simply doesn't work. Each new player (new person born into the system) is not given a fair starting hand - it is determined by the success of their parents (who's starting hand was determined by the success of their parents, and so on) - so not everybody has an equal chance of fulfilling their potential.
I'm sorry, but again I am gunna ask, when you will stop using this bullshit as an EXCUSE for personal failure? When you apply to a school, or a job, the application does not ask about your parents life they want to know bout YOU, and YOUR education, and YOUR training.

If you are going to sit there and tell me that a black person can not get an education in this country or can not get a job because he is black, or because his grandparents were pre-civil rights movement and you are suffering because of it. I will maintain that you are riding the coat tails of your fore fathers and their legitimate suffering, for your own gains. Your fore fathers should be rolling over in their graves from what the black community is trying to accomplish in this exploitation of THIER suffering  and the hardships that they endured to bring you the freedom that you enjoy today. You dishonor them by using THEIR suffering as an excuse for your laziness and lack of ambition to get out and create your American dream.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I'm sorry, but again I am gunna ask, when you will stop using this bullshit as an EXCUSE for personal failure? When you apply to a school, or a job, the application does not ask about your parents life they want to know bout YOU, and YOUR education, and YOUR training.

If you are going to sit there and tell me that a black person can not get an education in this country or can not get a job because he is black, or because his grandparents were pre-civil rights movement and you are suffering because of it. I will maintain that you are riding the coat tails of your fore fathers and their legitimate suffering, for your own gains. Your fore fathers should be rolling over in their graves from what the black community is trying to accomplish in this exploitation of THIER suffering  and the hardships that they endured to bring you the freedom that you enjoy today. You dishonor them by using THEIR suffering as an excuse for your laziness and lack of ambition to get out and create your American dream.
Well, I don't suffer any - being white and English, please don't use 'you' if you don't mean me.

Anyhoo, to answer what I think you meant to say - look it's simple - if you (yes, I do mean you personally here) are entered into a running race, and then when you get to the racetrack, you find that you have to run twice as far as everybody else, just because you've got freckle over you left eye, or whatever, would you not be a little pissed of?

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-06-07 06:48:45)

ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5820

SEREVENT wrote:

Its people thinking one religion/race is better. Many Muslims at my school believe this. No offence to Muslim people, most are nice, but there are some people, not just Muslims, that think that they can just say/do what ever they want. I've been called everything from white to white dickhead. Why? I wouldn't do someone's homework for him.
Which isn't necessarily racist.  He might just be using the first insult that comes to mind and is suitable.

lowing wrote:

All of which are paid for by your parents.  If they have more money, it's better.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6803|NÃ¥rvei

So in the US there are no racism, there is equal oppurtunities for everyone ? ... is that what you are saying lowing ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Well, I don't suffer any - being white and English, please don't use 'you' if you don't mean me.

Anyhoo, to answer what I think you meant to say - look it's simple - if you (yes, I do mean you personally here) are entered into a running race, and then when you get to the racetrack, you find that you have to run twice as far as everybody else, just because you've got freckle over you left eye, or whatever, would you not be a little pissed of?
I didn't mean you as in you personally, it is always hard to distinguish that in a forum, so yeah I needed to clarify.

As for your comment: Yeah I would be, IF that were the case. 50 years ago I would agree, the problem is the black community has over come those obstacles a long time ago and all that is left are those who do not even remember the civil rights movement yet insist they suffer from it. I do not buy this. It is an excuse for personal failure nothing more.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

ZombieVampire! wrote:

lowing wrote:

All of which are paid for by your parents.  If they have more money, it's better.
THere are some previlged few yes, both black and white. There are those that are not and still built their own American dream.

When you have a black community that views the personal success of a black person in society as being a sell out, or a traitor to the black race, then you have to look no farther to find where the REAL problem lies.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Varegg wrote:

So in the US there are no racism, there is equal oppurtunities for everyone ? ... is that what you are saying lowing ?
Nope, of course there is.

What I am saying is that there are blacks that are every bit as capable of being racist as any white person. Yet their racism gets a free pass because of shit that happened and was corrected before most of us were born. It is excused somehow, I am to feel guilty for being white and make reparations.

I also feel racism is by an large personal and isolated. It is no longer in the work place or in mainstream society. No one has time for it or gives a shit.

Is the fact that quite possibly we will be electing a black president any indictor that what I say is true about racism in mainstream America?

Last edited by lowing (2008-06-07 07:14:49)

killcommies
+3|5797

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Nope, of course there is.

What I am saying is that there are blacks that are every bit as capable of being racist as any white person. Yet their racism gets a free pass because of shit that happened and was corrected before most of us were born. It is excused somehow, I am to feel guilty for being white and make reparations.

I also feel racism is by an large personal and isolated. It is no longer in the work place or in mainstream society. No one has time for it or gives a shit.

Is the fact that quite possibly we will be electing a black president any indictor that what I say is true about racism in mainstream America?
It is very unfortunate that the first "black" we could be electing is a communist. My bet is McCain becomes president but if the otherwise is true I doubt he will last very long regardless... Racism is rampant in america but I usually see blacks dishing it out to whites rather than the other way around. I also see coloreds getting jobs over whites because they are scared of organizations threatening their businesses. Reverse discriminations is something that we have to deal with and cannot be something we just pass off - when they get more opportunities and get jobs when they are less qualified because of the color of their skin theres a large problem, and the fact they have scholarships and schools just for themselves.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina

killcommies wrote:

It is very unfortunate that the first "black" we could be electing is a communist. My bet is McCain becomes president but if the otherwise is true I doubt he will last very long regardless... Racism is rampant in america but I usually see blacks dishing it out to whites rather than the other way around. I also see coloreds getting jobs over whites because they are scared of organizations threatening their businesses. Reverse discriminations is something that we have to deal with and cannot be something we just pass off - when they get more opportunities and get jobs when they are less qualified because of the color of their skin theres a large problem, and the fact they have scholarships and schools just for themselves.
Considering that Obama isn't even a socialist, you're quite wrong.  The Left in America is conservative by European standards.

Whatever the case, I can tell that we're probably political opposites, but I think we can agree that affirmative action needs to end.

By the way, Jord is a British member here.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-06-07 10:47:45)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Turquoise wrote:

killcommies wrote:

Considering that Obama isn't even a socialist, you're quite wrong.  The Left in America is conservative by European standards.

Whatever the case, I can tell that we're probably political opposites, but I think we can agree that affirmative action needs to end.
afirmative action=racism
killcommies
+3|5797

Turquoise wrote:

killcommies wrote:

I think anyone with a brain realizes that aff. action needs to end. It seems to be president you have to kiss israel's ass. What makes them different than any other ally we have? We treat them like they are gods, its completely ridiculous. Also, obama's campaign headquarters in some states have a cuban flag with a picture of che guevara on them.

I'd also like to point out obama himself is a racist - only quiting the church after heavy pressure from the media, you know his church director was reading the work of people such as Cone who felt whites should be slaves to the blacks. I'd bet he is only resigning from that church to horde in more votes.

Last edited by killcommies (2008-06-07 10:48:56)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina

killcommies wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

killcommies wrote:

I think anyone with a brain realizes that aff. action needs to end. It seems to be president you have to kiss israel's ass. What makes them different than any other ally we have? We treat them like they are gods, its completely ridiculous. Also, obama's campaign headquarters in some states have a cuban flag with a picture of che guevara on them.
Well, I'd agree that we kiss the asses of Israel too much, but you're going to have to show me proof of the Cuban flag thing.

Obama's church is definitely concerning, but I don't think he shares the views of the nuts in his church.  It wasn't only nuts who went to that church.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-06-07 10:50:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard