Poll

Who Stands a Better Chance Against McCain?

Clinton25%25% - 15
Obama74%74% - 43
Total: 58
FallenMorgan
+53|5924|Glendale, CA
I say Clinton.

I've got nothing much else to say.  In general, who would win against McCain?
IRONCHEF
+385|6500|Northern California
How many does this make?  How many threads on this subject are there already?  Come on, give us something to debate and talk about serious-like!

Either of them would and will smoke John McCain.  The old dude was done before he started.  He'll wobble around and squawk and cackle and pretend he's qualified for everything and act like he knows stuff and sell himself as the uber flip-flopper..but in the end, he's nothing..never was.  *poof*

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-06-03 13:27:24)

Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6742|St. Andrews / Oslo

Obama, because he was against the war from the start.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
13rin
+977|6489

Jenspm wrote:

Yea, but he isn't going to pull the troops out if he wins.  Neither would Hellary
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6653|England
Clinton isn't bullshiting, she probably could do better in the running against McCain.
IRONCHEF

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Yea, but he isn't going to pull the troops out if he wins.  Neither would Hellary
You know this how?
logitech487
+16|6413|From The State Of Taxes
They all suck , We're in real trouble
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6353|tropical regions of london
time is mccain's worse enemy
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6716

logitech487 wrote:

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6552|Texas - Bigger than France

IRONCHEF wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

You know this how?
I don't believe they'd do it as fast as they are saying.  I'd have to say, if it wasn't for the Iraq war, neither of them would have a chance.
IRONCHEF
I have hope that the DEM congress will actually do what they claimed they'd do once a Dem is president.  Then they not only can get any resolution (revoke war powers act or whatever) passed, they'll save their precious faces and political careers since they won't have the white house creating turmoil.  Friggen dem pansies.

It's just a fools hope, but let's see what they do.  Be nice if after inauguration, Obama's first order of business is to reassess, yank troops from Iraq, flood and pound on Afghanistan for 6 months, catching/killing OBL or not, and then leaving.  We'll have avenged or shown more than adequate force in attempting to avenge our losses from 9/11.  Nobody would be looking like sisses, losers, or any form of weakness for withdrawing.  An immediate withdrawal from both countries (and whatever clandestine ops going on in Pakistan) wouldn't be bad either...well not bad for us..but bad for Iraq somewhat.  I think they can handle it fine.  It'd be interesting to see how the warfare would change in Iraq if we pulled out.  At least one group would withdraw after we did..then the Iraqis could form up their country.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker

IRONCHEF wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

You know this how?
The fact they've controlled the legislature for 2 years and never followed through on their campaign promise to pull the troops.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

logitech487 wrote:

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina
Clinton beats McCain by more electoral votes than Obama when looking at most national estimates.  Of course, that doesn't mean that I'd want her to be the nominee.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

I hope you're not basing that on how she did in the Democratic primary races. Comparing the general to the primaries is apples and oranges.

Oh...the OP: Obama. Though tbh, if McCain can't shake the "another four years of Bush" shit that Obama has put on him, he would lose to Tyrone Biggums.

Last edited by FEOS (2008-06-03 18:05:57)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

IRONCHEF wrote:

he's nothing...
Are you?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina

FEOS wrote:

I hope you're not basing that on how she did in the Democratic primary races. Comparing the general to the primaries is apples and oranges.

Oh...the OP: Obama. Though tbh, if McCain can't shake the "another four years of Bush" shit that Obama has put on him, he would lose to Tyrone Biggums.
I'm basing it on an excellent site that compiles polling info on a daily basis. 

Compare Obama's chances: http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/O … Jun03.html

...to Clinton's: http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/C … Jun03.html
God Save the Queen
Banned
I got polled the other day for the first time
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6716

God Save the Queen wrote:

I got polled the other day for the first time
To your signature: No, we're not.  They all genuinely suck.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6484|Foothills of S. Carolina

logitech487 wrote:

God Save the Queen
Banned
c'mon Canin, you know you like Obama just a little bit.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6484|Foothills of S. Carolina

Nope, tbh I think he could be the anti-christ
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6716

God Save the Queen wrote:

c'mon Canin, you know you like Obama just a little bit.
Obama is just another politician with nothing unique to offer.
san4
The Mas
+311|6698|NYC, a place to live
Clinton would get votes from millions of Republican women and she'd compete for the votes of lower-income white Republicans. She would crush McCain among women.

Obama won't get many Republican votes because there are no Republicans who are in the groups that support him most strongly: African-Americans, college students and rich white liberals.

Plus, Obama hasn't had to defend his pledge to withdraw from Iraq and he's going to look naive when he's challenged on the consequences of withdrawal.

McCain in a landslide.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida

Stingray24 wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

You know this how?
The fact they've controlled the legislature for 2 years and never followed through on their campaign promise to pull the troops.
You know that you're not being entirely truthful.

Their majority isn't big enough to do jack shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard