The_Growler
+1|6603|Hendersonville, TN
I have been trying to get more time in the air.  I got OK (at best) at flying with the mouse and keyboard.  I bought a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick.  After getting everything set up I noticed some drift on the controls.  The plane would try to roll left all the time.  I could compensate, but it was a pain.  I thought it was the joystick, so I pulled the USB able out and went back to mouse.  The problem still exists.

Someone mentioned my keyboard key's sticking and to tap them.  No luck.  Not sure why that would help seeing that the mouse would do the rolling in this case.

Anyone have some suggestions, Please?
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5845|Australia
config problem possibly. (controls.con i think)

check sensitivity, might be keyboard entirely and not bf2.

google it, somebody else might have had the same problem
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
The_Growler
+1|6603|Hendersonville, TN

Acreta wrote:

check sensitivity, might be keyboard entirely and not bf2.
I not sure about the keyboard thing.  If the tendency is to roll left and there are no keybindings for rolling a jet, I can't understand why the keyboard could affect it.  Not to mention I am having no issues with stuck keys with other programs.
0akleaves
+183|6624|Newcastle UK
configure the joystick and calibrate it
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6006

0akleaves wrote:

configure the joystick and calibrate it
What this man says.

I have this problem too, sometimes even after calibration, after 10 minutes of flying your joystick should be fine, it just gets a little stiff, I suppose?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6167|Vancouver | Canada
How many times has it happened?

I sometimes get glitchy reactions when flying (crosshair jumps all over when making a movement), but it's usually gone the next time I play, or the next server I join.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6297|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
There was a thread on this somewhere, but oh well. Go to http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/441/291&cl=us,en, select your OS, then choose Wingman Calibration Utility or something to that effect. Install, toggle with the numbers, and all will be well.

Last edited by Undetected_Killer (2008-05-27 12:47:21)

Wallpaper
+303|6005|The pool
Also try making the dead zone a little bigger /shrug
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6840|Grapevine, TX
Sorry to bring it up, and I hope the calibration tool works, but...

Sounds like the joystick (the 3DPro) has already failed. Its notorious for having the plagued "left-pull" even after calibrating.

Hope it works out for you.
thepilot91
+64|6247|Ă…land!
I have the same problem but it is actually caused by the joystick so for me it helps plugging usb cable out and back in again
cheify0
+2|6240|Philippines
i got that problem too....had to go back to mouse and keyboard.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard