siciliano732
+202|6675|New York
hey, i was hoping someone could help me....when i try to load a server up to join and play for BF2:SF once it is complete and i click "join game" it gives me this error message saying the server only allows people with unmodified versions or something along those lines and knocks me back to the server lists....the thing is....the servers arent displayed as red...they are white so i have no clue what this thing is talking about.....anyone?
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6775|Mark it zero.
you might have changed a file that needs to stay default, or some file got corrupted somehow. i dont know...
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6669|Cumberland, MD, USA
I got the same thing and I didn't change anything.
ikc-god
+1|6682
u need the Patch 1.20
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6671
yeha u might need the old pathc
not the new one thats is out for bf2
markH262
+0|6676
Boy this really sucks!! I just spent the $29 to DL BF2:SF so I could get the additional unlocks and I'm getting the same crappy message from the first post. I have the 1.2 patch for normal BF2 and I'm not about to undo that again!!

I guess EA did it again and screwed everyone over for them to make a buck!!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6698|Colorado
EA said there were some serious SF errors with the new patch, I'd play vanilla until patch 1.21 comes out.
markH262
+0|6676
Well, that really sucks then. If EA is thinking of charging us for BF2: EuroForce then I think they should let everyone who has BF2 to download EuroForce for free and EA can take it in the shorts for all the crap they're putting us through!
Wood
+0|6657|New Westminster, BC Canada
yep im gettign same problem could someone link that old patch to here?
Wood
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/CAB250/bf2sferror.jpg[/img]
its says this server only allows players with unmodified content to join.
Revert your version of Battlefield 2 to the current official version to join.

Last edited by Wood (2006-03-01 20:40:11)

markH262
+0|6676
I did a another download of the full 1.2 patch (luckily it only took 10-12 mins) on Monday and then BF2:SF worked perfectly along with regular BF2. Got my ass snuffed quite a few times as I'm not that familar with the maps even though I played a few of the single player maps in SF.

You should be able to go to the EA downloaded site to do it or one of the minor sites.
Wood
alright i got it...not quite sure how but i did
pat2187
+0|6778
I have had this same problem....I have the 1.2 patch on my HD along with the previous ones. I'll give 1.2 full a run again and see if it repairs it.
lbrigham
+-1|6648
I'm having this same problem... I just bought BF2:SF today, and when I go into any SF server, after it's done loading and when I click on "Join Game" it kicks me back to server list screen and says "This server only allows clients with unmodified data" wtf?!?  This is really annoying as I've been looking forward to BF2:SF for awhile now.  I have path 1.21 installed.  Anyone able to help at all?  I can go into regular servers fine.
Hydroion
+67|6648|England
go to my post for informaton on this error because i had it but now i fixed it with peoples help

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=17483
Wood
yea ok i fixed it with bf2 sf
now it screwy on normal bf2
WTF
help

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard