Hydroion
+67|6774|England
well here is the story,

ive just bought special forces of amazon and im happy because i will still have enough money to buy euroforce when it comes out. i ve just been on singleplayer and im already impressed so i then go on multiplayer, this is where the problem begins.

i choose a special forces map to play on it loads up and then just before it goes into the game it goes back to the server lists saying something along the lines off --- this server (which is every server for me as far as i know) has to have the original bf2  - or something like that (ill post it word for word in a minute) so i go into bf2 and choose a special forces maps but this time it loads then goes off and loads up special forces, it goes straight to the server, but i still get the message, what on EARTH is happening?

right i've got the actual message now

This server only allows players with unmodified contentto join, revert your version of Battlefield 2 to the current official version to join.

ive downloaded patch 1.21 does this mean anything?

(moved from bf2 help forum)
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6876|Belgium
I had that same problem...re-install the 1.12 patch.. worked with me.. good luck.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6865|Norway
If you have the large 1.21 patch I'd go ahead an uninstall previous patches and patch using just that one..
Juice
+2|6926|Melbourne, Australia
I've had multiple issues with patches and experiencing this error.  Out of my seven total kicks, at least five would have been down to this.

The only way I've managed to fix it is for patches leading up to and 1.12 - reinstalling that patch, and for 1.21 reinstalling the entire game and patching it directly to 1.21.

Hope this helps.
Hydroion
+67|6774|England
but if i uninstal the game will my account be deleted?
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6865|Norway
No, when you start up again you'll see the 'create an account' site - press multiplayer and on the bottom there is a button that says "retrieve account"
Press that, enter nick/email + password and everythings OK.

Before you uninstall:
Go to My Documents>battlefield2>Profiles and copy the "Controls.con" file. (This folder goes with the rest of the game) Afterwards you can paste it in again and you wont have to remap all your keys.

Remember to locate and hold on to your CD-Key before uninstaling!!!

Last edited by Friluftshund (2006-03-11 07:54:05)

tgust5
+22|6779
ya.  that happened to me. for some reason, it did not install the maps when i installed the game.  you might have to reinstall the patch
Hydroion
+67|6774|England
thx for all the feedback but i didnt have to delete my accout. i downloaded the FULL patch not the incremental and for some reason this fixed the problem, so if anyone gets stuck  try that.
lbrigham
+-1|6774
I was getting ready to try re-installing everything, and re-patching, but I'll try downloading full 1.21 versus incremental and see if that works... thanks guys... this is really f'ing annoying.  Annoys me how EA always screws this up.  They need to take lessons from Valve... I NEVER have had any issues with CS:S and their updates (and most of us probably know that they like to update the hell out of that game).
lbrigham
+-1|6774
To confirm, downloading full (incremental) 1.21 patch fixed my problem as well... I'd assume this is the global fix for this problem should anyone else run into this.
Wood
+0|6784|New Westminster, BC Canada
i have tried both incremental and full ...no luck
rabidjade
+0|6748

Wood wrote:

i have tried both incremental and full ...no luck
Same here. I have tried a new install after a format and after installing BF2>BF2SF>1.21 Full I got nothing. Also tried the incremental and no patch with the same "unauthorized content, revert to original BF2 to play....ect". SF is basically worthless in anything but single player at the moment.
tdwhite
+0|6741
GUYS!!! BF2 is now at 1.22  Get the full 1.22 patch and all will be well with the world again.
flyingsquirrel3
+8|6755
actually i had the exact same problem and i'll tell you the answer from EA it works perfectly.
Uninstall BOTH bf2 and bf2 sf. Install BF2. Install SF. Install latest patch. You're done.

note: you may notice that when you'll patch the professional patcher thing will patch bf2, then its gonna *re-patch* but if you look you'll see that on the 2nd time it patch SF.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard