Banned
+188|6166|Anaheim, Mexifornia
I'm going for the referee(s).
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6558|UK

02fxnmaurer wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Lol, American commentary cracks me up, I tried to find the video where he says something like "OMG its a corner restart" but to no avail.

RELEASE THE CRACKEN HAHAHA !
I thought he said that lmfao!!!!!!!!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Seriously though, there is ONLY one real reason why football/soccer will never properly take off in the USA.  And that is 45mins a half ATLEAST is too long a period without comericals, it is as simple as that.  Nothing to do with the game not translating across the atlantic, there are like 300 million people in America, some are bound to like it.  Its purely because of the timing structure.  Perhaps if they tweaked it for the USA, instead of two 45min halfs, we had three 30min sessions, short of that, its dead in the water.

Martyn

Last edited by Bell (2008-05-28 09:31:30)

jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.

jamiet757 wrote:

Why is it that people from England feel the need to constantly badmouth Americans?

jamiet757 wrote:

Get over it. Go complain to someone else.
You just owned yourself, pussy.

God forbid you actually read an real anti american comments. You could possibly shit yourself.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6705|NJ
We're playing soccer? Hmm that's interesting PM me and let me know what happened..

Do the Brits like baseball?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
I'm sure if we had some Brits doing commentary on Yankistani sports it would be equally hilarious for them
BRiiNDED
+137|6133

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

rugby is a much more interesting game to watch than football IMO
but i r still <3 football
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6116|Birmingham, UK

cpt.fass1 wrote:

We're playing soccer? Hmm that's interesting PM me and let me know what happened..

Do the Brits like baseball?
I watched a game between Yankees and someone else, it was boring as hell

I'm more of an Ice Hockey fan, fell asleep in the 3rd bit of the Stanley Cup final, take it Red Wings won it?
oChaos.Haze
+90|6447
America won't have a chance until we learn to call it football.  America's greatest contribution to footy, was teaching the world how to make $27 billion off it, instead of $26 billion.

Oh and we taught them how to kick even if you are fat and watching dr phil...

lulz

I'm American and I'd be depressed if we beat England...

Edit  I knew this thread couldn't go without the "We beat your ass and saved your ass, we can do it again".  Words can only be condescending to the listener, so Jamiet, I think it's time to chill.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-05-28 10:19:20)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6469|UK

Parker wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

Why is it that people from England feel the need to constantly badmouth Americans? We are supposed to be allies. Calling us "yanks" is kinda derogatory. I get sick of people from England always saying something bad about Americans, we kicked your ass in the Revolutionary war and we will do it again if necessary. Get over it. Go complain to someone else.
you are a whiny motherfucker, arent you?

you go around this place running your mouth, and then when someone across the pond calls americans "yanks", you get butt hurt about it.

GTFO....you are annoying.
Parker is american and doesn't get offended. No one said anything bad about America in this thread, for the record I think you guys have awesome accents.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6457

What time does it start?
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6486|Liverpool, England

r'Eeee wrote:

What time does it start?
8:00 pm

Some crying bastards in here lol
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5983|England

AnaalDuck wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

What time does it start?

5 past

getitrite
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6299|Éire
This is a difficult one for me...two oppressive, imperialist empires against each other! If only there was a way they could both lose!
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Braddock wrote:

This is a difficult one for me...two oppressive, imperialist empires against each other! If only there was a way they could both lose!
Celts weren't the original inhabitants of Ireland FYI, so don't start
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6486|Liverpool, England

SamTheMan:D wrote:

AnaalDuck wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

What time does it start?

5 past

getitrite
Oh i yeah just checked on ssn ,your the man sam!
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6472|Tyne & Wear, England
Probable England team to play USA

GK
James
Defence
Terry
Brown
Ferdinand
A. Cole
Midfield
Beckham
Hargreaves
Lampard
Gerrard
Forwards
Rooney
Defoe
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
It's almost like a Chelsea/United team

Yet they all suck (when playing together)

Except for Becks it's all United, Chelsea and Pompey. Which, considering United and Chelsea both reached the final. Screams of the quality. Yet, McLaren and they fucked up. I still can't get over it.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-05-28 11:10:10)

Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6472|Tyne & Wear, England

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yet they all suck (when playing together)
The defence is decent but its the midfield that worries me on that front.  Gerrard and Lampard cannot play together.  I would have found room for Gareth Barry in there, perhaps drop Lampard.  That means Barry can go out left, Hargreaves can drop back, and Gerrard has license to get forward and support the strikers which he loves doing.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I'm sure if we had some Brits doing commentary on Yankistani sports it would be equally hilarious for them
THAT BLOKE JUST PASSED THE PUCK TO HIS MATE BACKSTROM FOR A GOAL!

looool

and I don't expect the US to win...but if they do, LOL @ all the english people here tbh

Parker wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

Why is it that people from England feel the need to constantly badmouth Americans? We are supposed to be allies. Calling us "yanks" is kinda derogatory. I get sick of people from England always saying something bad about Americans, we kicked your ass in the Revolutionary war and we will do it again if necessary. Get over it. Go complain to someone else.
you are a whiny motherfucker, arent you?

you go around this place running your mouth, and then when someone across the pond calls americans "yanks", you get butt hurt about it.

GTFO....you are annoying.
raped by parker

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-05-28 11:54:07)

SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5983|England

lol englands national anthem ws better than usas
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
Lol at Sound speakers fucking up for Kelly Rowland. That's what you get for being over the top, bitch.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Fucking fans giving Beckham the biggest cheer during the roll call, that's a disgrace, who the fuck is Beckham huh? Fuck you England fans at Wembley.
kptk92
u
+972|6417|tc_london
God Save the Queen

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard