goodguy729
+2|5826
I've been getting kicked/banned from servers for "excessive teamkills" that I have never even been on before.   About 20% of the time when I try to join a server, I get that message about 5 seconds later.  I don't have many teamkills, have never been banned from a server during a game for e excessive TK's, and I haven't even been on all these servers before, so is there some problem at EA, has my PID been highjacked, or what??? Anyone else experiencing this?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6655|Washington DC

Where did you get your copy of Battlefield 2?  Purchase from store?  Used off eBay?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6317

Why don't people understand this concept? If you are banned, it doesn't save the reason the admin gave and show you when you try to join the server. The default message it'll give you is "You have been banned for excessive teamkilling". Obviously at some point you got banned on the server for some reason or another.

Or your PID's been hacked and they decided to get you banned from several servers. Kinda stupid if you ask me. Check to see if you're mysteriously getting points.

Last edited by ebug9 (2008-05-27 12:04:22)

cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
Maybe you're not as good a guy as you'd like us to believe.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6227|Finland
What is your ingame name you are using? I could do some research...
OrangeHound

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

goodguy729 ... I've already searched, but I think he may have something like a guid or punksbusted problem, derived from a used copy of the game.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6291|eng

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

I'm guessing GoodGuy729..
#rekt
goodguy729
+2|5826
Sorry to discredit the leading theory, but I bought it new from Best Buy.  So is the server kick/ban based on PID or CD key?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6317

CD key
goodguy729
+2|5826
Well, if it is CD key then I think I know the source of the problem - my son has set up his own PID and is known to be a little vengeful when he gets TK'ed, so I suspect he got kicked/banned on more than a couple of occasions, and it is spilling over to me.  Crap.  Thanks for the help folks.
OrangeHound

goodguy729 wrote:

Sorry to discredit the leading theory, but I bought it new from Best Buy.  So is the server kick/ban based on PID or CD key?
Based on GUID, which is derived from your software's ID.   However, if you have a PunkBuster GUID ban, it would be on every server and not just 20%.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6004|Aberdeen, Scotland
Watch closely for the green admin text at the top of your screen...

Before you are kicked it will say 'KICKING <yourname> FOR <reason>'...let us know what the reason displayed is if you can, it could well be a punkbuster problem.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6227|Finland
You can get small ban on your cd key, which gives exact that same reason but only on about 20% of servers.

____

Favorite Victim
(Kills to, via EA)     nippon-1109 (73)
More Victims
(Top 10)     You are no one's worst enemy. Go bully someone.
Worst Enemy
(Deaths by, via EA)     monkey1509 (117)
More Enemies
(Top 10)     lilz02 (10)

____

Statpadding?
You went to hack didnt you?
Your cd key is minor banned!

You could also post your hash, and its easy to find out why your cd key is banned...
or was it guid

Last edited by [Fin]Dami3n (2008-05-28 08:43:16)

Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6547|Washington

goodguy729 wrote:

I've been getting kicked/banned from servers for "excessive teamkills" that I have never even been on before.   About 20% of the time when I try to join a server, I get that message about 5 seconds later.  I don't have many teamkills, have never been banned from a server during a game for e excessive TK's, and I haven't even been on all these servers before, so is there some problem at EA, has my PID been highjacked, or what??? Anyone else experiencing this?
That happen to me to. There was about 6 servers I always played in, never had any problems.
One day I go to play and I was banned from 5 out of six servers??? wtf..
I just play my game and never cause any problems or break any stupid rules.
So now I don't play at any of them anymore, I'm not going to go to 5 different websites, make a account, make a post and explain myself for something I never did.
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6119|SC | USA |

goodguy729 wrote:

Well, if it is CD key then I think I know the source of the problem - my son has set up his own PID and is known to be a little vengeful when he gets TK'ed, so I suspect he got kicked/banned on more than a couple of occasions, and it is spilling over to me.  Crap.  Thanks for the help folks.
Yes, it's set up that way. Who ever is on your GUID, (Hacker, or Son in this case) the bans are recorded for that GUID. It prevents someone from getting banned on one account, logging into another and joining the same server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard