Poll

Spend Money to Improve the Skill/Appearance of your Player?

Neva!72%72% - 47
Maybe $10 if I got an advantage over others18%18% - 12
$30 for New weapons, A top hat and tails.1%1% - 1
$50 for the Pimpest Snoopdog-Rambo Killing Machine7%7% - 5
Total: 65
Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5856|Fattest Country in the world.

teek22 wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Why didn't they make another dx10 version of battlefield and use all that technology instead of cartoons.
This is EA!
1. It would be full of glitches

2. They would not fix the glitches

3. It would cost them a lot of money.
Can assure you this game is going to cost them a lot of money. Just because the graphics look cartoony does not mean the graphics are worse. You will find with games like Team Fortress (and BF:Heros when it's done), they can be more taxing on your graphics card then Battlefield: 2.
BVC
+325|6736
Paying money for extra fashion items, yeah thats fair enough.

Paying money for extra attributes/unlocks/etc, as with anything that makes a game less about skill and more about one's wallet, is not cool, but if theres a low cap on it its not so bad.

My big beef is with cheats, both in the form of paycheating and in the form of keyboard/mouse macros.  Yes, all you logitech bunnyhoppers, that means you - if you aren't prepared and able to press the full button sequence every time you dolphin-dive, you're cheating scum in my book, and should stay away from multiplayer gaming.

Last edited by Pubic (2008-05-28 02:40:57)

fo0k
+14|6787|London, England

Pubic wrote:

Paying money for extra fashion items, yeah thats fair enough.

Paying money for extra attributes/unlocks/etc, as with anything that makes a game less about skill and more about one's wallet, is not cool, but if theres a low cap on it its not so bad.
I was wrong about the weapons as Spidery_Yoda pointed out..  They will come through 'free / earned' unlocks as such and the money is spent on pimping your characters appearance...  certainly with respect to Heroes anyway.  The topic of 'Free to Download Games... then Pay?' still stands as I'm sure somebody will be charging money for weapons in games at some point

Most people tend to stick to a kit they know in game for the most part so maybe this way you are only paying for the part of the game that suits your style..
Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP

fo0k wrote:

'Free to Download Games... then Pay?'
You just categorized everyone single MMORPG out there.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6806|UK

fo0k wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Games are going to increasingly be more like this and its likely they will all have console ports with less and less games being developed for the PC market.
or will it...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/t … f-consoles
"Consoles as we know them" They will still be locked machines, they might be "PCs" but they will in effect do the same thing accept under a different hardware status.
Ratzinger
+43|6432|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Zombie_Affair wrote:

fo0k wrote:

Went to buy "Conan" yesterday, $80 AU. Great, under $100AU for a new release!

30 days free, pay to play after that.

Never. ever.
Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP

Ratzinger wrote:

Zombie_Affair wrote:

fo0k wrote:

Went to buy "Conan" yesterday, $80 AU. Great, under $100AU for a new release!

30 days free, pay to play after that.

Never. ever.
They will make conan a free download with a trial soon. Every MMO does it to boost sales after innitial release. But take into fact, that you paid $80 for a game that will give you hundreds of hours of gameplay and experience.

GTA IV is $120 AU still.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6393|Troy, New York
Pay to Win I wont go with. I really could care less if people want to pay for a skull mask or some crap like that, but to pay for accuracy bonuses or superior weaponry Is just worthless.
So BFH seems fine with me, as long as I can shoot something.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard