chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

the adam wrote:

is this answered somewhere else??? Im confused
Yes, filed in triplicate all over the place.

Browse the news forum -- lots of details and info about the evolution of the site and it's current state.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.
If somebody could just remind me what was the problem that stops this site from updating as fast as for example bf2tracker?
I mean, I thought BF2s was the number one site but still EA/IGN system "favors" bf2tracker and others?

I've read almost every topic in this forum (but still missed the answer?), I'm so addicted to this wonderful site *ass-kiss*
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6778|Lake Constanze, Germany

Guruz wrote:

If somebody could just remind me what was the problem that stops this site from updating as fast as for example bf2tracker?
I mean, I thought BF2s was the number one site but still EA/IGN system "favors" bf2tracker and others?

I've read almost every topic in this forum (but still missed the answer?), I'm so addicted to this wonderful site *ass-kiss*
May i use ur words again, Lord Voodoo?!

tF-voodoochild wrote:

updates have been slow for some time... write ign expressing your dismay, perhaps they will allow us to update quicker then.
Thx!

Greetz,
Agent
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6758|England
But why do they let the other sites update whenever and not this one???
Guruz
Sir

Kobrakai wrote:

But why do they let the other sites update whenever and not this one???
Yup, that was my question originally.

I suggest that you answer to what I ask first
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Guruz wrote:

Many sites that update "faster" use the older method that interfaces directly with the EA awards server. This is bad because it can cause lag on the account server.

Sites, like mine, that are part of the beta program are on a new feed. This new feed has a "Query Limiting" feature that stops sites from updating as fast as possible and beating the crap out of their machine. (BF2S.com, as a matter of fact, employs much the same techinque to avoid being DDOS'ed).

However, their method for limiting queries is, and has been, broken. This means that, when I should be able to do 8 queries per second, I'm currently managing about .2. Seriously, I am well aware of this and as I've been talking to them this "bug" has been priority #1 on every list I send.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6815
agent we need ur search gif piccy thingy i think
Guruz
Sir

07>sin wrote:

agent we need ur search gif piccy thingy i think
No, we don't.

I believe chuys last post cleared many things up for many people, not just me.

Anyway, thanks. My stats update in 20 mins, I think I'll spend 2 hours just comparing them to others, lol.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6795|Netherlands

Ag3nT-()r@ng3 wrote:

Awsome, Jeff!!! Thx a lot! *bows down to the master of bf2 stats*
we're not worthy massa....bwana....

Greetz,
Agent
Toean
Force
+0|6800
is it possible to change what country flag is displayed? im from aus but when creating my account i left it as from USA. i didnt realise it would have a flag in the stats does anyone know a way?
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6778|Lake Constanze, Germany
@Chuy: thx for writing that again, i was just too lazy to search the post, where u wrote it.

@Sin: It's ok.....Guruz has been around for a while....but i thought he saw (or searched!!!)  Chuy's post, referring to this.
It has been discussed some time ago.....

Greetz,
Agent

Last edited by Ag3nT-()r@ng3 (2005-10-02 05:03:59)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Force wrote:

is it possible to change what country flag is displayed? im from aus but when creating my account i left it as from USA. i didnt realise it would have a flag in the stats does anyone know a way?
It's very likely a search would reveal the answers you seek! Yes, yes in fact, "change country" pulls it up perfectly. Try that next time
direwolf
+0|6793
BF2tracker site says they have been on the EA Stats beta program since 23 Sep and they still update pretty fast.  They have even stated they had to discontinue the old method of getting stats.

Not trying to flame but BF2S.com seems to be the only site having the update lag issue.

Keep up the good work.  This site will rock once the stats update quicker 
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

direwolf wrote:

Not trying to flame but BF2S.com seems to be the only site having the update lag issue.

And if you had bothered to read ANY of the other 50 posts I've made explaining this to people, you'd be well aware that I am updating this site AS FAST AS I CAN. Literally, I update so fast that EA started blocks my query requests and sends me a "Query Limit Exceeded" error.

I just can't understand why the unwashed masses assume I'm just sitting on my hind quarters looking at the queue and not stewing in anger about the slow speeds. I just...don't...get....it! If anyone would be upset about slow updates, why wouldn't they immediately think, "hey, maybe the guy who runs the site for 180,000 players?"

RAWR!
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX

chuyskywalker wrote:

direwolf wrote:

And if you had bothered to read ANY of the other 50 posts I've made explaining this to people, you'd be well aware that I am updating this site AS FAST AS I CAN. Literally, I update so fast that EA started blocks my query requests and sends me a "Query Limit Exceeded" error.

I just can't understand why the unwashed masses assume I'm just sitting on my hind quarters looking at the queue and not stewing in anger about the slow speeds. I just...don't...get....it! If anyone would be upset about slow updates, why wouldn't they immediately think, "hey, maybe the guy who runs the site for 180,000 players?"

RAWR!
You tell em Chuy. Wookie Roar!  Bottom line. If you don't like how fast your stats are updating then go find a place that fits your needs and stop fucken bitching about it. Chuy is working on this, he is talking to EA. But the one thing people have to remember is, PERHAPS VOLUME OF REQUESTS HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH SPEED!
Perhaps bftracker doesn't have as many people attempting to view their stats as much or perhaps they don't have as many people on their forums. I really don't know what the reason is or why their tracker works supposedly faster. But I can assure you that Chuy is working on this issue and so stop bitching about it. Re asking the same damn question over and over again WILL NOT get the problem to simply go away.

So STFU. That is all.

Keep up the good work Chuy. Send names of people we need to visit with a pipe and a blow torch.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Force
+0|6800

chuyskywalker wrote:

Force wrote:

It's very likely a search would reveal the answers you seek! Yes, yes in fact, "change country" pulls it up perfectly. Try that next time
well a search tells me that its not possible . oh well.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6816|Australia

Force wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

Force wrote:

well a search tells me that its not possible . oh well.
Maybe you should start again a few good aus servers block non AU/NZ players, and i think they get that from the country you pick at the start. so you wouldent be able to play in them.
direwolf
+0|6793

kilroy0097 wrote:

So STFU. That is all.
........ Send names of people we need to visit with a pipe and a blow torch.
How about you STFU and grow up.  If you wan't to visit me with a pipe and blow torch, PM me and I'll give you my address.

I love how people can mouth off on a forum but wouldn't dare say it in person.  :rolls eyes:
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6816|Australia

direwolf wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

So STFU. That is all.
........ Send names of people we need to visit with a pipe and a blow torch.
How about you STFU and grow up.  If you wan't to visit me with a pipe and blow torch, PM me and I'll give you my address.

I love how people can mouth off on a forum but wouldn't dare say it in person.  :rolls eyes:
Be Nice kids
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-
Does mommy have to step in and take charge?

Tone it down children.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6784|englewood FL.
lmao...ura mommy trigger?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-

US|dirtysouth wrote:

lmao...ura mommy trigger?
I can be if need be
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6810|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
ok then... i want cookies trigger... with milk mother f***er!

seriously though, that is the first mini flame war i've seen on bf2s so i think the forums are still a pretty hospitable place.
[CoN]Eraser
+0|6765
Are the stats updating right now or are there still problems? My stats are working but those from my clan mate are not.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6784|englewood FL.
hmm he updates in 1 min. ??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard