JImm1
+1|6413
Im all for the patch. I always thought it was ridiculas and unrealistic being able to go up and down so fast. And the new map is great!

Go DICE!
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6444|Belgium
You are so right
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6698|Louisiana
I played 1.4 for the first time today and the changes didn't affect me THAT much. I can still kill effectively, and I think I'm a pretty decent infantry player, considering that's all I fucking do

No CTDs or disconnects is great, but the game seems to run slower overall...
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6550
I haven't seen anything different other than the new map.  Had a CTD mid-round, CTD on joining a server, connection problem (probably my ISP), and a server crash (definitely not my ISP).  Other dudes I play with have had the same things happen so it's not just me. 

Haven't noticed any difference in the infantry play either.  I still see a lot of bunny hoppin and floppers, but they never really bothered me, I can handle them pretty well.  And I don't insta-prone and jump around in CQB, so I guess I don't notice what the whiners are whining about.  I think in real life CQB soldiers wouldn't do that shit, they shoot while crouched or standing behind cover, and generally the first shooter gets the kill.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6649

The#1Spot wrote:

Well guess what you shouldn't have been one of the bunny hopping/dolphin diving freaks in the earlier patches then you wouldn't have this problem you just suck cause you relied on those lame tactics to survive and now you pay the price and i have seen no difference in the movement actually i have seen improvements.
There you go , lame tactics huh ?

If I'm getting shot to shit from a sniper 400 meters away , from a guy on a roof 30 meters away or a guy 3 feet from behind I will take what ever evasive maneuvers I can to stay alive. The fact that this game is a 360 degree combat zone and your life expectancy is 5 seconds then why not use everything in the book to stay alive? Call it cheap do you ? Why , because you emptied 5 clips at one guy and couldn't kill him because he got all hoppy on ya ? LOL learn how to shoot noob. I've seen one guy kill 4 idiots with a knife. One was an engineer with the full auto shotgun, 2 were medics and one was support. He killed them all with a knife. Now I'm sorry but if 4 people all shooting the crap out of one guy all get killed with a knife , they shouldn't be playing this game at all.  And neither should you.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6430
the game hasnt slowed down any bit becuase you cant hop for fucks sake...
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6705|Houston, TX
I have no issues with it. As for people that need to jump and prone spam to keep a decent kill/death ratio. More power to you. It doesn't work on me.

Anyways, you look like a moron when you do it. I guess whatever works for you though. I wonder how good you would do without it? No very much I'm sure.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

staticblue wrote:

Anyways, you look like a moron when you do it. I guess whatever works for you though. I wonder how good you would do without it? No very much I'm sure.
haha, that's a good one.

So, do people still think that patch 1.4 emphasized skill in BF2?

EDIT: also BUUUUMP.

'sup mods

Last edited by Lucien (2008-05-14 11:48:27)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
r00ts
xD
+81|6512|Netherlands

Lucien wrote:

staticblue wrote:

haha, that's a good one.

'sup mods
lucien ftw
buuuumpeedoo
Brasso
+1,549|6600

r00ts wrote:

Lucien wrote:

staticblue wrote:

haha, that's a good one.

'sup mods
lucien ftw
buuuumpeedoo
jesus christ kids
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
r00ts
xD
+81|6512|Netherlands

haffeysucks wrote:

r00ts wrote:

Lucien wrote:

haha, that's a good one.

'sup mods
lucien ftw
buuuumpeedoo
jesus christ kids
lol i meant to say lucien is right
Adamshannon8
+94|6154

Lucien wrote:

In other words, it is now slow, lame, and extremely hard to beat more than one person at a time.
wow, then you must really suck.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

Adamshannon8 wrote:

Lucien wrote:

In other words, it is now slow, lame, and extremely hard to beat more than one person at a time.
We have a winner! There's always one person out there to tell me that all of my time playing BF2 was a lie.
Blueteam21
+5|5833

duckforceone wrote:

i don't mind that it takes you long to get up... i actually love it that you can't just jump up and run..

ever tried wearing a frag vest, ammo belts and your gun and helmet? lie down and see how fast you jump up...

on the other hand, if they could make it so that all those jumping and firing couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, the game would be more realistic and fun...

otoh they should allow you to roll around when on the ground....
i totally agree.  I've seen how much those thinks weigh, and all of you ppl complaining go play some cartoon shooter instead of a game that is at least trying to be like real life

kthxbye
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

Blueteam21 wrote:

duckforceone wrote:

i don't mind that it takes you long to get up... i actually love it that you can't just jump up and run..

ever tried wearing a frag vest, ammo belts and your gun and helmet? lie down and see how fast you jump up...

on the other hand, if they could make it so that all those jumping and firing couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, the game would be more realistic and fun...

otoh they should allow you to roll around when on the ground....
i totally agree.  I've seen how much those thinks weigh, and all of you ppl complaining go play some cartoon shooter instead of a game that is at least trying to be like real life

kthxbye
On the topic of realistic movement, ever noticed how you can only do a few movements in BF2, and all the things you would do in a real gunfight are not possible?

hm...

wait for it..

Oh wait, sacrificing vital gameplay elements for some fake realism in a game that already has none is indeed the best way to go.

Another winner, folks.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng

Adamshannon8 wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Coming from you...
#rekt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard