Hawkers
THOOOM
+9|5971|Maidenhead
Shadow893
lel
+75|6694|England
Screw the pyro - where are the heavy unlocks???
Brasso
+1,549|6632

Hawkers wrote:

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/videos/21604/All_Access_Team_Fortress_2_Update.html
the useful part is at 1:19

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
_raab
+28|6235|Western Aust.

Lucien wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

On his own, a pyro is underpowered.  The game developer thinks so too.
underpowered against skilled soldiers, yes, but against any regular other class, no.

oh and engineers.
Sentries can make an entire area a deathtrap for pyros. They have no weapon to fight it like the demoman, soldier, heavy, sniper, or spy do.

Medics outrun pyros, and with their blutsaugher they can now force a pyro to give up the fight as soon as the medic is out of range or the medic will heal himself more than the fire hurts him.

pyros can not do anything against a heavy that has the tiny bit of skill needed to, you know.. aim at them.

pyros can not do anything against a demoman that sees them coming and has the space to use stickies. And even in sticky range, a skilled demoman will be able to score plenty of hits with his regular grenades.

pyros can not do anything against a soldier that sees them coming, and even if you do manage to get a sneak attack they can still often react quickly enough to survive the fight.

pyros can not do anything against a skilled sniper from even a medium distance, and any sniper with some sense will run as soon as a pyro starts to get any kind of close.

pyros are barely an equal match for scouts, as a scout can force the pyro to use a shotgun and then get close for just long enough to deal massive damage.

even a spy can do a lot of damage if he uses his revolver.

So, point made: the pyro will not win in a fair fight. I fucking love playing as a pyro, it's awesome fun to set people on fire, but if the enemy is even halfway good I need to hide or run way more often than not, as I simply have no way of surviving a fair fight as a pyro.
I agree 100%. I think the pyro's best quality is that they can run into an enemy filled area and watch everyone start running backwards. They are fairly good at pushing imo. I think some unlocks are needed here. Good to balance out the attack and support classes with updates.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6743

A pyro and a medic is a brilliant combo for clearing out rooms and generaly pushing attacking teams back.
(Like the corridors in the first stage of goldrush.) Hopefully, the update allows pyros to have more of a chance against the things Luc posted.
Eldu
+62|6109|Belgium
Pyro + a good doc with blitzkrieg = win.
So much fun burning a heavy with a doc who has an uber ready but is just too slow .
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london

Eldu wrote:

So much fun burning a heavy with a doc who has an uber ready but is just too slow .

Sam's resulting video starring me as the medic^
Eldu
+62|6109|Belgium

kptk92 wrote:

Eldu wrote:

I said blitzkrieg you numbnut, nice vid though.
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london

Eldu wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Eldu wrote:

So what uber is just as good

And it's called a Kritzkrieg, you berkshire

Last edited by kptk92 (2008-05-09 08:22:02)

Eldu
+62|6109|Belgium

kptk92 wrote:

Eldu wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

So what uber is just as good

And it's called a Kritzkrieg, you berkshire
Doh .
Blitzkrieg sounds better .

Last edited by Eldu (2008-05-09 09:03:34)

SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

hey kerry that vid u posted is awsm
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
What about setting the floor on fire to block the enemy?
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6404|dm_maidenhead

Hawkers wrote:

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/videos/21604/All_Access_Team_Fortress_2_Update.html
Nice find Dani. +1
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Pyro is rape already, I had 6 dominations as Pyro just now on Gold Rush, especially because the Medics were all uber-charging be so I could rape the Heavies and snipers on the other team.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard