Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6741|Reality
Religious nuts should be fed to squirrels.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6622|Birmingham, UK

Masques wrote:

I'd like to ask any BF2S'ers:

Are you now or have you ever engaged in "wizardry"? Have you done any wizarding that might be detrimental to your career?
Yes; well, 'warlockery'. Being Wiccan, you see, means that I only wish I was in America right now, in that man's position and suing the District for restricting my religious beliefs.

ReTox
+100|6497|State of RETOXification
Just when I think the human race has a hope some ridiculously juvenile thing like this happens.  We're doomed... Finished!... Game Over Man!

Might as well have read like this:
PAT: "Jim, we have a problem... you need to come in right away!"

JIM: "Oh no, I'm on my way!"

{20 minutes later}

JIM (Enters panting): "Pat!,  What is all the commotion?"

PAT: "Jim, you can't work anymore... you've been accused of breathing."

JIM: {Gasps then covers mouth}

PAT:  "Yes, yes... I was shocked too.  This is bad buddy... those breathing wackos are gonna go all the way on this one.  We're sorry but you're fired".

JIM: "oh noes!"
Stubbee
+223|6741|Reality
Do you hear that?
A sort of drip drip drip sound?
That is civil lawyers drooling.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6636|Amsterdam, NY
Zomg forget teh witch its the supar devil
https://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5593/superdevilcx2.jpg
Vatican scientists have announced that the devil is not the greatest threat to salvation due to the recent discovery of the Super Devil. The Super Devil is at least six inches taller than the Devil, rides a flying motorcycle, and carries a jar of marmalade which is believed to cause adultery.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

SgtSlutter wrote:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5593 … vilcx2.jpg
Vatican scientists have announced that the devil is not the greatest threat to salvation due to the recent discovery of the Super Devil. The Super Devil is at least six inches taller than the Devil, rides a flying motorcycle, and carries a jar of marmalade which is believed to cause adultery.
Some say that cider is the devil, others say he is only apples fermented over time to produce a tasty and sparkling alcoholic beverage. ~ A W S M F O X
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6636|Amsterdam, NY

The Sheriff wrote:

SgtSlutter wrote:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5593 … vilcx2.jpg
Some say that cider is the devil, others say he is only apples fermented over time to produce a tasty and sparkling alcoholic beverage. ~ A W S M F O X

ig wrote:

wat
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6360|Vancouver
Has Reverend Wright ever engaged in "wizardry"? Does Obama know about it? I smell scandal!
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL

Drakef wrote:

Has Reverend Wright ever engaged in "wizardry"? Does Obama know about it? I smell scandal!
secret muslim wizards!

runnin my state!
IRONCHEF
+385|6489|Northern California

Masques wrote:

I'd like to ask any BF2S'ers:

Are you now or have you ever engaged in "wizardry"? Have you done any wizarding that might be detrimental to your career?

And to any military members out there, does your wizardry threaten the national security of your country? Out with it!
I've lit my farts and amazed dozens of party goers!!  I've have eluded the authorities thus far.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina
ah...  the joys of religion...
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5930|CA
Did he put on the wizard hat and robe?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
I'd like to take this opportunity to say that neither me, nor Kmarion, nor any other Floridian on BF2s has ever been associated with any of these wackos.  Midland Floridians = weird, mkay.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6704
Tampa Bay's 10 talked to the assistant superintendent with the Pasco County School District who said it wasn't just the wizardry and that Picular had other performance issues, including "not following lesson plans" and allowing students to play on unapproved computers.

Piculas said he knew nothing about the accusations.

"That... I think was embellished after the fact to try to cover what initially what they were saying to me," he said.

After the magic trick, Rushe's principal requested Piculas be dismissed.  Now, Piculas believes the incident may have bewitched his ability to get a job anywhere else.

"I still have no idea what my discipline involves because I've never received anything from the school district actually saying what it entails," said Piculas.

As a substitute teacher, the Pasco County School District considers Piculas to be an "at will employee." That means the district doesn't need to have cause for not bringing him back at all.
It sounds to me like the school district just used "Wizardry" as an excuse to fire a bad substitute.  It's probably some really obscure rule they have left from the 1700's or something.  This story seems more like the result of the media sensationalizing an otherwise odd story.  I'd like to read more about it before I conclude that this really is just a couple of ignorant officials.
Turquoise
O Canada
The "at will" part is why what you said doesn't add up.  At will employers don't even have to give a reason for firing employees, so there's no reason why they had to pull the wizardry card unless they truly are that fanatical.

I'd assume the officials really are that nutty.
Stubbee
+223|6741|Reality

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Tampa Bay's 10 talked to the assistant superintendent with the Pasco County School District who said it wasn't just the wizardry and that Picular had other performance issues, including "not following lesson plans" and allowing students to play on unapproved computers.

"That... I think was embellished after the fact to try to cover what initially what they were saying to me," he said.

After the magic trick, Rushe's principal requested Piculas be dismissed.  Now, Piculas believes the incident may have bewitched his ability to get a job anywhere else.

"I still have no idea what my discipline involves because I've never received anything from the school district actually saying what it entails," said Piculas.

As a substitute teacher, the Pasco County School District considers Piculas to be an "at will employee." That means the district doesn't need to have cause for not bringing him back at all.
It sounds to me like the school district just used "Wizardry" as an excuse to fire a bad substitute.  It's probably some really obscure rule they have left from the 1700's or something.  This story seems more like the result of the media sensationalizing an otherwise odd story.  I'd like to read more about it before I conclude that this really is just a couple of ignorant officials.
I think it is more likely that it be the other way around. They added the other stuff in an attempt to justify the firing. But they don't have justify anything to at will workers. So why are tehy feeling guilty?
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6720|Eastern PA

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

As Turquoise says relating to the "at will" part, they don't really have to give much of a reason, indeed, "non-performance" could be a valid reason whatever their real motivations. Why they would ACTUALLY use wizardry for an excuse is...bizarre to say the least.

Given that Harry Potter books have been banned and burned in some parts of the country for supposedly promoting sorcery and witchcraft I'm inclined to agree that some puritans got their BVDs in a bunch over *gasp* magic!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

He's an agent of Professor Dumbledore. He'll get by.
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6704
This sounds like a joke to me.  Hell, I'd be happy if I got fired for "wizardry"!
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6720|Eastern PA

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

This sounds like a joke to me.
'Fraid not.
Turquoise
O Canada
Considering how I live in one of the more urban areas of NC and I still know people that don't participate in Halloween because they think it's evil, yeah, I think it's actually true as well.

People and their idiotic superstitions.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-05-07 18:12:08)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Spearhead wrote:

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that neither me, nor Kmarion, nor any other Floridian on BF2s has ever been associated with any of these wackos.  Midland Floridians = weird, mkay.
Truth.. beaches scare them as well.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5959|Washington DC

Kmarion wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

you're magical in the sack
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6704

HurricaИe wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

you're magical in the sack
And you would know this.... How?
liquix
+51|6452|Peoples Republic of Portland
god damn mezmers infiltratin muh skoolz and recruitin muh kids

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard