d4rkph03n1x
+131|6755

Only Problem is that it's shit. Barely runs WoW/CSS, haven't even tried BF2. GFX card went funny yesterday morning. Got it 3 days ago for $600. I feel like I wasted my money. I have two choices from here;

Save up and by a better computer, or deal with this shit and save up for a car instead.
d.Luxe
Banned
+64|5856

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Only Problem is that it's shit. Barely runs WoW/CSS, haven't even tried BF2. GFX card went funny yesterday morning. Got it 3 days ago for $600. I feel like I wasted my money. I have two choices from here;

Save up and by a better computer, or deal with this shit and save up for a car instead.
Car. You know, drunk driving like in GTA wins. Oh wait. SNAPS
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6756
new computer for $600. What spec is it then?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

Sorry, but you're an idiot. No offense.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6547|Washington

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Sorry, but you're an idiot. No offense.
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6736|Uhh... erm...
You buy a comp that costs $600 and you expect it to play WoW and BF2?

I agree with Freezer.
ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6561|Scotland
Should have came here first for advice dude.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6347|Atlanta, Georgia

Tetrino wrote:

I agree with Freezer.
It can be done.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6848|Reykjavík, Iceland.

NeXuS4909 wrote:

Tetrino wrote:

I agree with Freezer.
It can be done.
If he buys the parts, yes, not if he buys a prebuilt computer.

My video card alone cost me $720
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6679|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Can't you take the PC back and demand a refund?
jamiet757
+138|6627
If you got it 3 days ago and the graphics card is crappying out, can't you return it for a refund or something?
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6755

186gb HDD
xfx 7600gt (nvidia)
2gb ram
amd 2.4 (something)
pretty sure Theres a way to get all this info but I dont know how. (website?) I think I might buy a new motherboard/gfx/processor.
https://img231.imageshack.us/img231/763/specsej8.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6626|London, England
Those are pretty good specs, how the hell does it barely run WoW and CSS etc..?

My computer. With:

1.5GB RAM
AMD Athlon 3000 XP
7600GS AGP 256MB

Ran BF2 quite nicely (1024x768), and could easily handle CSS and the WoW trial ran quite nicely too...
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6737|St. Andrews / Oslo

That should easily run CSS and BF2 tbh.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6679|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Totally agree with the 2 above, my old 'puter was like that and ran bf2 fine for ages.
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6755

Jenspm wrote:

the fuck is going on then?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6848|Reykjavík, Iceland.

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Got the newest drivers for your video card?
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6413|Somersetshire
go for a refund, that computer can easily run bf2, even COD4
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6468|A W S M F O X

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Bad power supply, or set up?
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6661|UK
aint being funny, but when i started to meddle with my 1st pc about 6 years ago, i bought a new grafix card, installed it and tried to run a few games only to discover that all the games where running shit, i spoke to a few mates to discover what i had done wrong, it turns out i forgot to plug the damn grafix card in to its own power supply, SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE THAT, iv learnt a lot more since then lol.

you have ok specs shpuld be able to play all those games sweet, just check power supply inside your pc
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6755

PBAsydney wrote:

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Got the newest drivers for your video card?
Yep.

awsmfox wrote:

Bad power supply, or set up?
dunno

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

aint being funny, but when i started to meddle with my 1st pc about 6 years ago, i bought a new grafix card, installed it and tried to run a few games only to discover that all the games where running shit, i spoke to a few mates to discover what i had done wrong, it turns out i forgot to plug the damn grafix card in to its own power supply, SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE THAT, iv learnt a lot more since then lol.

you have ok specs shpuld be able to play all those games sweet, just check power supply inside your pc
How would I go about plugging it in to its own power supply. Shouldn't it already be?
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6661|UK
yes it should be, what you will need to do is undo the side of your pc, MAKE SURE ITS TURNED OFF, the graphics card should be at the bottom of your pc ISH, the one with the big fan on, there will be a power supply cable coming out the back, make sure that plugged into a spare loop cable, just like plugging in a kettle of some shit
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6755

80% sure i seen the right thing, and its plugged into the mother board. If thats what you mean.
jamiet757
+138|6627
you paid $600 for that piece of shit? the 7x00 series is old by now, and amd sucks tbh.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6661|UK

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

80% sure i seen the right thing, and its plugged into the mother board. If thats what you mean.
yes thats right, but i belive it should also have a power supply lead that will go into a 4 pin socket, or vice versa

Last edited by Rubix-Cubes (2008-05-02 06:41:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard