FMLunchBox
+1|6280
I just switched my ISP because I moved. I went from 10 mb/s cable to 1.5 mb/s dsl.  All in all most stuff I do on the internet isnt that much slower now.

When I log into 2142 all the server pings get listed between 200 and 500.  Before with cable it  started at like 10 and went up.  If I go into servers and watch my ping from the scoreboard it starts out at about 60 or so and then sometimes spikes up to over 200.  Sometimes I make it through a round or two but I almost always end up getting kicked because of a high ping spike, even if its only for a few seconds.  The game runs fine with no lag at all the whole time even when the ping has spiked. 

I also notice that the server list now lists like 250 servers where before it was only like 90. 

I never had issues before so I know most of my problem is the new ISP.  There is nothing faster available here.  I reconfigured my TCP/IP settings for the new speed but didnt make much difference.  I notice that if I restart my modem right before I play that it goes smoother for a bit. 

Anyone have any other suggestions? Any ideas why the server ping is high on the list but then fine when I join ?(at least for a bit).
FMLunchBox
+1|6280
Ok, I have checked everything I can think of.  I have done a trace route on several bf2142 servers and they look fine.  low pings, nothing out of the ordinary.  Except now, I can't even play the game anymore.  When I join a server, it starts at a 60 ping and then just climbs all the way to 900 or 1000 and then I lose connection. 

So this is something that has gotten worse in the course of a week. 

I did a speed test the first day and my download speed was within 90% of max.  my upload however was about half.  Today checking again, my download speed is about 75% of max and upload is only at 36kb/s, which is less than 25% max.   

So again in the course of a week my bandwidth is screwed.  makes no difference what time of day. 

Ive checked plugs, port forwarded my router for bf2142 ports, everything I can think of. 

Does anyone have any ideas? 

My only ideas left are that it has to be my modem or the ISP.
martinez
+5|5980|Worcester, MA
is the dsl thing, try to get fios from verizon or just get cable back.
No/Yes
+14|5942|California, USA
how many people in your house use the interne(I'm no pro in this btw)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard