I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6274

suomalainen_äijä wrote:

Gorgon Zola cheese nom nom nom
mmm QFT!

*checks fridge*
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Holy crap I just bought this goat cheese w\dill when I went to the store .... BAM! it owns ur face!
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary
I love this for sure !

https://csaladinet.hu/gallery/2006-08-22_10-49-16_Resize%20of%20bakony_natur_cam.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
https://www.freshdirect.com/media/images/product/grocery/gro_cheez_low_fat_01_c.jpg
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Mozzarella (Saputo brand)
froman
+7|5937
I like almost ALL cheese!
Includeing Cheez-Its

Last edited by froman (2008-04-30 17:19:53)

The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5938|CANADA
Monterey Pepper Jack, the cheese for men with ballz.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6173|New Austin, Not

ebug9 wrote:

Mozzarella (Saputo brand)
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon
Great thread! It really depends, I'd say. Let me list a few and explain why i like them.

- Brie: A classic with bread and/or crackers as an appetizer. Some Brie sucks. Badly... but good Brie is amazing.
- Muenster: My favorite commonly sliced cheese... sooooo buttery and delicious!
- Havarti: Possibly also my favorite commonly sliced cheese... sooooooooo buttery and delicious!
- Pepper Jack: Not all fancily-named like the others, but absolutely great on sandwiches that include onions or other spicy things. I love my food to be spicy and Pepper Jack does that in cheese form!
- Cheddar: Why not? It's shockingly versatile and dynamic as well. Mild cheddars can be a nice complimentary cheese when put on a sandwich with ham, turkey or roast beef, and sharper cheddars can completely carry their own weight. Crackers, bread, or just on a skewer, the best cheddars are entirely their own thing. I'm lucky to live just a couple hours away from Tillamook, Oregon, home of the best cheddar cheese in America. Wisconsin and Vermont have nothing on Oregon Cheddars.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon
Part 2
---------------

- Cotija Cheese: Absolutely amazing when melted in with beans, tortilla soup, or chili. Cotija manages to maintain its flavor and consistency, despite being melted. I don't know how it does it, but it's awesome.
- Feta Cheese: What's not to love? It's the most common of goat cheeses, and it great in its native Greek cuisine. It's also great in every other cuisine, ever. It's soft enough to spread, crumbly enough to crumble, and thick enough to slice. It's mild, mostly, but has the "kick" that most goat cheeses have.
- Chevre Cheese: Really, Chevre is just any goat's cheese, but most goat cheeses have more specific recipes and thus, specific names. The pure "chevre" cheese that you'll find most of the time is everything you'd expect from a goat cheese. Bitter, crumbly, great for baking, putting on salads, baking then putting on salads... a couple nights ago I had Chevre cheese on a hamburger with bacon, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, mayo and mustard... absolutely delicious.

Other favorites: Gouda, Gruyere, Camembert, Mizithra, Parmesan, Roquefort, Emmentaler, Fontina, Provolone, Ricotta and Mozzarella. The last 4 being the most common cheeses on your "four-cheese pizza," although most of those frozen pizzas will have Cheddar rather than Ricotta or Fontina.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6634

Harvati tbfh
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC
Brie: Delicious, great texture. Look for one called "Stori Dimon" it's from iceland... it's like, brie cheese with blue cheese-ish stuff in it.

Cheddar: Kinda boring, but like phetal said it's versatile. Sharp cheddar ftw.

Mozzarella: Makes for great tomato-mozzarella salads, and it's what helps make Italian neapolitan pizza so god damned good.

Muenster: Tasty.

Really, most any cheese is tasty.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon

HurricaИe wrote:

Brie: Delicious, great texture. Look for one called "Stori Dimon" it's from iceland... it's like, brie cheese with blue cheese-ish stuff in it.

Cheddar: Kinda boring, but like phetal said it's versatile. Sharp cheddar ftw.

Mozzarella: Makes for great tomato-mozzarella salads, and it's what helps make Italian neapolitan pizza so god damned good.

Muenster: Tasty.

Really, most any cheese is tasty.
totally agree with this all. I especially agree with you agreeing with me

Seriously though, Mozzarella is so freaking good with tomatoes in a salad. Most Mozzarellas are not extremely flavorful themselves, but it's a PERFECT compliment to tomatoes.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY
There is a lot of cheese that I like. 

I usually eat pepper jack, swiss, provolone, or extra sharp cheddar.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6580|Columbus, OH

loubot wrote:

Mozella or Cheddar with mah morin' eggs

Provolone cheese with mah samwiches

Nacho cheese with mah Duritos
Still holds true today
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6787|Anaheim, CA

https://www.earth-friendly.com/images/tillamook.jpg
For the f'ing win.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6448|Boulder, CO
I like pilgrims choice mature chedder, its quite creamy and has a very good texture. It makes very good cheese on toast, which can be made even better by adding either a sprinkling of curry powder of a fairly heft sprinkling of pepper.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Chedder, Edam or Smoked.

Whoever said Camembert needs shooting as that stuff goes runny and stinks.  My family are fucking cheese mad the sickos they soak their cheese in port at xmas, fucking weirdo's the lot of em.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard