Dr_3V|L
+51|6724|Twente, The Netherlands
Totally agree at topic poster. Perhaps a bit overemotional? Well, it's more clear thanks to that.

And I'm also a non-believer in the teamkill punish system. But it worked out once today for me.
A teamkiller killed me 3 times while I was commander for the MEC team on karkand. 3 punishes = BAN mr teamkiller! Goodbye! Hope to not see you again! For the interested people: this are his poor stats. http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.p … d=61709870 But I think teamkill-account says enough. But banning him made my round
Mike_J
+68|6668
ya the tk system is awesome sometimes and it's the worst thing ever at other times.  i have no idea how they'd make a better system.
arnica
+18|6679|Sydney
Sorry Chief!
imortal
+240|6664|Austin, TX
The punish system itself is not the problem.  It is the idiots USING the system that drive me insane.  Jumping in front of my plane as it taxis and then punish me?  Get killed jumping out of the Blackhawk while I am trying to duck out of APC fire and punish me?  Or, better yet, one time I am flying a blackhawk on Clean Sweep, finally geta  full load in the back, and a idiot in the tinker-toy jeep drives up, rams the blackhawk, and we all blow up.  But since it was a "collision," and since I was driving (idling on the pad) I get the 6 TKs for the stupid driver of the jeep and all 5 people in the chopper! I saw punish punish punish punish, you have been kicked from the server for excessive teamkilling.

I like playing on a server with the punish feature turned on, and MOST of the people use it responsibly.  IF it was my fault I got TKd (like running out in front of a speeding jeep, which I have done an embarrasing number of times) I not only forgive the guy that killed me, but *I* appologize for him losing points for my stupidity.

If I get TKd and I see a bunch of enemies die in the same blast, no sweat, fog of war, drive on.  But I WANT the ability to punish the little prick who shoots AA missles at me in the friendly shopper cause he thinks it is fun.

As I said, in my favorite server, most of the regulars who play in it are mature enough to play responsibly.  And no, I am not telling you which one it is, because it gets full enough already!
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6808|Marathon, Florida Keys
Major Laff
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
ilyandor
+31|6687|Phoenix, AZ

imortal wrote:

...I WANT the ability to punish the little prick who shoots AA missles at me in the friendly shopper cause he thinks it is fun....
Whoa there buddy just hold on. I'm sure you and everyone else playing realized what the deal is with the AA, that they HAVEn't fixed in the patch(es).
2 choppers flying, one friendly, one enemy. Both same distance from your AA. You can not lock on to the friendly chopper. REPEAT. YOU CAN NOT LOCK ON TO THE FRIENDLY AIRCRAFT. So, the AA locks onto the enemy chopper. You fire. You see the 2 missiles fly towards the enemy chopper, but then, magically, they divert their flight path towards the friendly aircraft and hit it.
Anyone who punishes this:

UNLUCKYAAGUY [Stinger] HISUNLUCKYTEAMMATE

AND PUNISHES,

is,
well,

emotional and angry and doesnt understand that one can not on purpose kill their teammates with AA. so it must have been an accidental TK.
Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6711|atlanta

spacebandit72 wrote:

Minus the cuss words this is a good rant.
Minus the cuss words, the rant was only 3 sentences...
cullenjackcullen
+0|6667|Richmond VA
Man i hear ya, i'm like the other dude.....the AT mine WTF

HEY THOSE LITTLE RED SKULLS MEAN DON'T DRIVE OVER ME YOU DUMB FUCK
Mario-C
+0|6742|Wellington Nz

Husker~ifh~ wrote:

The problem with any map the US has a carrier on is that everyone on US is so god dammed worried about flying that they just run around on the carrier fighting over Vehicles and AA guns.  I don't know how many times I've made land, found a hide spot just off a flag, and then typed "JOIN ALPHA SQUAD< SPAWN ON ME".  Then to my amazement, nobody does so I cap the flag myself.  Now I'm thinking okay people will spawn here and we can start our land fight inward, but HELL NO, everybody is still back on the carrier worried to death that they aren't going to get to fly the damned cobra 300 meters off the carrier only to be shot down by AA or a J-10.
amen why cant they chuck a couple of LAV;s in the carrier
silentsin
+3|6697
first of all, calm down man. I understand sort of, i still like wake island though, most of the time. basically, 7/8 of the battlefield 2 population are selfish cunts who think of nothing besides whoring whatever they can to get the most points and be the biggest nerd in the world or are just cunts that want to ruin your day. the other 1/8 is for the most part people who actually know how to PLAY a game and not be little bitch ass punks who whore tanks/apcs/planes/helis and forget about their teammates.

Ok, major bummer, no one has any idea what your talking about so please shut up. ecs blade, your a racist and no one wants to listen to anything you have to say. freak, you represent the 7/8 of the douche bags in bf2. Final statement: BF2 IS A TEAM GAME!! YOU PLAY ON A TEAM TO ACHIEVE ONE GOAL, NOT BY YOURSELF, PLEASE STOP BEING DOUCHE BAGS OR KILL YOURSELVES, YOUR RUINING THE PLANET FOR THE 1/8 OF US THAT CARE!!
imortal
+240|6664|Austin, TX

ilyandor wrote:

imortal wrote:

...I WANT the ability to punish the little prick who shoots AA missles at me in the friendly shopper cause he thinks it is fun....
Whoa there buddy just hold on. I'm sure you and everyone else playing realized what the deal is with the AA, that they HAVEn't fixed in the patch(es).
2 choppers flying, one friendly, one enemy. Both same distance from your AA. You can not lock on to the friendly chopper. REPEAT. YOU CAN NOT LOCK ON TO THE FRIENDLY AIRCRAFT. So, the AA locks onto the enemy chopper. You fire. You see the 2 missiles fly towards the enemy chopper, but then, magically, they divert their flight path towards the friendly aircraft and hit it.
Anyone who punishes this:

UNLUCKYAAGUY [Stinger] HISUNLUCKYTEAMMATE

AND PUNISHES,

is,
well,

emotional and angry and doesnt understand that one can not on purpose kill their teammates with AA. so it must have been an accidental TK.
Oh, I understand accidental fire.  I was shot down three times tonight by accidental AA Friendly fire, and never punished. 

The little prick I am talking about is the kid who sees you come in to repair/rearm, actively aims the Stingers at you, and fires.  He sees you aren't dead yet, reloads, AND SHOOTS AGAIN.  Noone else in the air.  Not redbugged.  Not even shooting him.  He just did it to be funny.

I do not have a problem with accidental TKs.  Even if I am unsure if it was an accident, I will give him the benifit of a doubt.  But when the little douchebag does it for absolutely no reason, I wanna be able to punish.

Oh, and you CAN fire AA at your own vehicles on purpose.  You just don't get a lock, so you don't always hit.  But when you are close enough to spit at them, a lock on doesn't matter too much.  That is how I KNOW it wasn't an accident.

Last edited by imortal (2006-02-22 21:24:08)

RSI_paratrooper
+2|6645
Sorry for the n00b question but if I'm just a squad member or leader when someone says "I need some help over here" how do I tell where "over here" is? I have had the same problem capping suburb single-handed by sneaking along the edge of the punish zone on Karkand. I request support when the enemy starts to show up but get nada. Lately I started team saying "capped suburb, spawn here and take train wreck" 3 or so times. You do start getting results eventually.

Similarly, the few times I have been commander and someone says "need ammo" how do I know WHERE the guy who needs ammo is?

team saying "where are you <PLAYER>" didn't work as I was on a Korean server.....

Send me a PM please as I'll probably have a hard time getting back to this thread.
fuzzyballs44
+3|6708|Coeur D' Alene, ID

FrEaK wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

Why are people so goddamn stupid these days?

Why are their fingers glued to the punish button.

WHY WHEN THEY SEE

E7IX3R [Z-10] GUY1
E7IX3R [Z-10] GUY2
E7IX3R [Z-10] GUY3
E7IX3R [Z-10] GUY4
E7IX3R [Z-10] GUY5
E7XI3R [TEAM KILLS] IDIOT1
E7XI3R [TEAM KILLS] IDIOT 2

DO THEY PUNISH AND HAVE ME KICKED FROM SERVER?!!

FUCK YOU STUPID FUCKING FUCKS FUCK OFF

Why do you run infront of my car when you see me coming towards you VERY FAST.

WHY DO YOU PUNISH ME FOR YOUR OWN STUPIDITY.

WHY DO YOU, MR NOOB DRIVE OFF IN A EMPTY CAR/FLY OFF IN AN EMPTY CHOPPER/DRIVE OFF IN AN EMPTY BOAT AFTER HEARING

HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE

Blocked for 31(s)
STOP YACKING AND GET OFF THE NET.

Negative
Negative
Negative
Negative

ST..STO....ST...STOP YACKING AND GET OFF THE NET
Blocked for 30(s)
Blocked for 29(s)
Blocked for 28(s)
Blocked for 27(s)

WHY DO YOU INSIST ON LEARNING TO FLY ON A FULL 64 PLAYER SERVER?

WHY THE FUCK HAS THE PATCH MADE WAKE 2007 SO UNBELIVABLY UNBALANCED??

WHY THE FUCK ARE SQUAD LEADERS HAVING TO GET IN A JET AND BAILING OUT WHEN REACHING THE ISLAND JUST SO THE SQUAD CAN SPAWN ON HIM, ONLY TO GET KILLED BY THE CHOPPER?

WHY THE FUCK DO I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH?!

WHY THE FUCK DO I KEEP COMING BACK TO IT, DAY AFTER DAY?

</rant>

It's 7:05am.

I've not slept.
Noob stop crying and quit playing the game
this isn't noob...valid, if not a little to over the top, but still valid
Tickletoe
+0|6637

spacebandit72 wrote:

Ok then.
Minus the rant, those are some good cuss words.

Anyhow - at times, the mindless stupidity of other players is beyond comprehension. Upon joining a server and finding myself on a team that has lost every battle for 10 battles in a row, I will invariabnly find that:

* There is no commander
* There are no squads
* Half of all players on my side are snipers
* There are no medics on my side
* I see people killing each other for planes and choppers
* I see people flying/driving/sailing off in transports, solo

At these times I usually either just find another server, or choose special forces, and troop around the map blowing up commander assets. Apply for commander too, so I can drop supplies for myself when I run out of packs.

There was a time I tried to pick commander, and persuade the fools to play as a team, in squads and without a ton of snipers. No use. Just don't try.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6724|Twente, The Netherlands

Tickletoe wrote:

spacebandit72 wrote:

Ok then.

Anyhow - at times, the mindless stupidity of other players is beyond comprehension. Upon joining a server and finding myself on a team that has lost every battle for 10 battles in a row, I will invariabnly find that:

* There is no commander
* There are no squads

At these times I usually either just find another server, or choose special forces, and troop around the map blowing up commander assets. Apply for commander too, so I can drop supplies for myself when I run out of packs.

There was a time I tried to pick commander, and persuade the fools to play as a team, in squads and without a ton of snipers. No use. Just don't try.
Absolutely true!
a fly
+105|6643|The netherlands

Tickletoe wrote:

spacebandit72 wrote:

Ok then.

* There is no commander
* There are no squads

if there arent medics, go medic yourself and see the points flow in. i got first as medic with just killing 2 people, and 1 was a accedent with shock paddles
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine

RSI_paratrooper wrote:

Sorry for the n00b question but if I'm just a squad member or leader when someone says "I need some help over here" how do I tell where "over here" is? I have had the same problem capping suburb single-handed by sneaking along the edge of the punish zone on Karkand. I request support when the enemy starts to show up but get nada. Lately I started team saying "capped suburb, spawn here and take train wreck" 3 or so times. You do start getting results eventually.

Similarly, the few times I have been commander and someone says "need ammo" how do I know WHERE the guy who needs ammo is?

team saying "where are you <PLAYER>" didn't work as I was on a Korean server.....

Send me a PM please as I'll probably have a hard time getting back to this thread.
If you look at the mini-map, the player who used a radio message flashes.
RSI_paratrooper
+2|6645
Thanks CrazeD. A bit underpowered since on a 64 player server half the team was flashing! Oh well, another post from me to the improvements forum.
Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6644|Annapolis, MD
The thing that gets me is that people paid good money for this game, but so many are asshats that either don't even have common sense / strategy or actually play just to fuck with people.

By God, if someone was physically near me while playing, and they jumped under my jet wheels because I unknowingly cut in "line," I would not hesitate from murdering them. Sometimes I actually want to kill some of these faggots; I want to hunt them down, find out where they live, then curb stomp them into oblivion.
arnica
+18|6679|Sydney

Sc(x)pe wrote:

Want some cheese with that whine?
hahahaahahaha rolf!!!!!
superseal17
Banned
+1|6754
It's actually STOP YACKING AND GET OFF (THIS) NET
smk_valvanite
+12|6675|New Zealand, CHCH

E7IX3R wrote:

HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE

Blocked for 31(s)

Negative
Negative
Negative
Negative

Blocked for 30(s)
Blocked for 29(s)
Blocked for 28(s)
Blocked for 27(s)

why do you continue to keep trying to use voice functions when you have been blocked from it for 30 seconds?
Zefar
+116|6648|Sweden
One thing that I find anoying is when some medics DO NOT want to give you a medkit Why the hell not
I kept using the "I Need a medic here" and I was on USMC side to, I kept using it 20+ times close to medic that was gonna run to flag for the moment. I kept using the line over and over but oh no he didn't wanna give me one.

Then an enemy comes but I just kill him so that I get sniped down by a sniper somewhere in a corner. Now this medic comes but fails to resurect me but I spawned close to him and he died by the enemy so I could have a chance of reviving him but I didn't.
nelson496
+3|6784
well, I forgive after the first and second tk.  If he continous to tk me I would punish the hell out of him.  Even if its a red bug glitch you should know by now whos who.  If I am in a APC or Tank or any kind of vehicle I dont mind because its hard to see.  Second:  People should know by now what uniform goes with what army.  So you should know what team that person you just tked.  My 2 cents.
PFC_Kurtz_John
+0|6778|VA

E7IX3R wrote:

Why are people so goddamn stupid these days?

Why are their fingers glued to the punish button.

WHY WHEN THEY SEE

E7IX3R [Z-10] GUY1
E7IX3R [Z-10] GUY2
E7IX3R [Z-10] GUY3
E7IX3R [Z-10] GUY4
E7IX3R [Z-10] GUY5
E7XI3R [TEAM KILLS] IDIOT1
E7XI3R [TEAM KILLS] IDIOT 2

DO THEY PUNISH AND HAVE ME KICKED FROM SERVER?!!

FUCK YOU STUPID FUCKING FUCKS FUCK OFF

Why do you run infront of my car when you see me coming towards you VERY FAST.

WHY DO YOU PUNISH ME FOR YOUR OWN STUPIDITY.

WHY DO YOU, MR NOOB DRIVE OFF IN A EMPTY CAR/FLY OFF IN AN EMPTY CHOPPER/DRIVE OFF IN AN EMPTY BOAT AFTER HEARING

HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE
HEY, I NEED A RIDE

Blocked for 31(s)

Negative
Negative
Negative
Negative

Blocked for 30(s)
Blocked for 29(s)
Blocked for 28(s)
Blocked for 27(s)

WHY DO YOU INSIST ON LEARNING TO FLY ON A FULL 64 PLAYER SERVER?

WHY THE FUCK HAS THE PATCH MADE WAKE 2007 SO UNBELIVABLY UNBALANCED??

WHY THE FUCK ARE SQUAD LEADERS HAVING TO GET IN A JET AND BAILING OUT WHEN REACHING THE ISLAND JUST SO THE SQUAD CAN SPAWN ON HIM, ONLY TO GET KILLED BY THE CHOPPER?

WHY THE FUCK DO I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH?!

WHY THE FUCK DO I KEEP COMING BACK TO IT, DAY AFTER DAY?

</rant>

It's 7:05am.

I've not slept.
Dude ....... you fucking pown. Some one needs to sticky this thred. Rock on man \o/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard