0akleaves
+183|6624|Newcastle UK
Right today i got thinking, it cant really cost EA or whoever makes the patches that much to make them, cant be more than what its gaining in revenue for the game.
That got me thinking about donating like $10 or £5 to be able to patch up to a new patch ie like a booster on EA downloaded i mean im sure as hell the game would come alive agian if a proper patch was released and as we know how hungry companys are for money these days they are not going to make a bad patch if they wont gain any by it.
Then i thought well people are tight bastards, how about allowing a 3rd party of approved developers by EA or whoever who wanted to do it that left me well they are not going to let these people control a game incase they wreck it even more.
I then got thinking why doesnt EA just revert to 1.03 or 1.12 with the new maps as that cant be so hard can it.

What are your views on these possbile soloutions?

I think the donate method would work the best and have it like a booster where as you can stay on the 1.41 and 1.5 servers will be red to you or if you want or you can upgrade and have a server filter for both or each patch.

I know this is far to late unless EA got a bombardment of emails asking for this i just was bored on the way home lol.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6159|San Antonio, Texas
I'm having a hard time understanding.
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6159|Estonia
Donating, LOL. EA will not do anything until you pay them 1 million dollars.
I know what he means: He means that we must pay for new patch ( you will download it). If we dont we still play 1.41

Last edited by Markooo*Est (2008-04-21 13:43:30)

Big_Fat_Panda
+8|6679|Iceland
They wouldn't need donation.   They could pay this patch off by advertising, like they did with Highway Tampa, and got flamed for.

They know of this solution, but when I think of it, project Battlefield 2 has probably been shut down for good. Because all you get from EA is silence.   Or mass produced, automatic customer service replies.

Which is sad. This is a good game, but it will live as long as there are players going online.  But updated? Fixed?   Don't think so anymore.

But then again... maybe they are cooking up some surprise for us.   If so, they really take their time.
0akleaves
+183|6624|Newcastle UK

Big_Fat_Panda wrote:

They know of this solution, but when I think of it, project Battlefield 2 has probably been shut down for good. Because all you get from EA is silence.   Or mass produced, automatic customer service replies.
I wouldn't say that personally, in your replies to EA just say reply i want to speak to your manager or Team leader or whatever, ive had and still do have a good conversation with EA support over things.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Big_Fat_Panda
+8|6679|Iceland

0akleaves wrote:

Big_Fat_Panda wrote:

I wouldn't say that personally, in your replies to EA just say reply i want to speak to your manager or Team leader or whatever, ive had and still do have a good conversation with EA support over things.
Could you ask them about possible future patches?  hehe

But yeah you are right, about the manager.
cospengle
+140|6498|Armidale, NSW, Australia

0akleaves wrote:

they are not going to let these people control a game incase they wreck it even more.
rofl - yeah, they wouldn't want that to happen.

But I honestly hope they don't bring out a new patch. After the 1.3 experience, a new patch at this stage is playing with fire. Plus I don't see how a patch would "breath new life into this game". Games get old, and people stop playing them.

I still play and enjoy BF2, but eventually even /i will get sick of it - patch or no. I'm quite certain that I would have stopped playing by now if I hadn't joined a clan. Clan matches keep it interesting, and it's more fun playing in pubs with people you know. But as my clan mates move on to other games I will too (once I get that aviator badge ).

One last thing, only WOW players keep paying for a game they've already payed for.
Zukabazuka
+23|6696
Let me tell you about EA, They are the richest gamecompany on the market. They are big and they have enough money to retire the entire company.

Most MMO have payment and there are quite many other games where people pay for to play.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6749|Great Wall
I had a few EA patches. No thank you!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6577|England

I believe SF, EF & AF require the latest patches: older patches dont provide certain codings (or whatever) for them to work properly.

So you could fix improve vanilla, but screw over the rest of EA's money making ability.
There are still (ranked) servers up and running on old patches, and the only way to get more attention to them is to go posting around on every BF2 forum stating that, in an act of defiance to DICE's poor coding and EA's money making and rushed methods, that we want as many servers and players to start playing patch X.

If there is enough attention, they may pay attention....but I doubt it.
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5877

cospengle wrote:

One last thing, only WOW players keep paying for a game they've already payed for.
This man speaks the truth, lol. But EA would never make a new patch at this point. What would they fix? Hit reg? Sorry, but they aren't going to stop the development team on BF3 to tweak BF2 so people can squeeze some more life out of the game, which doesn't give EA any money. In fact to halt production would cost them even more. Company's live off of their consumers. Consumers who don't own Battlefield are probably not going to buy it.
With games like CoD4 and TF2 they would have no need to.

Just as a side note, I know EA hasn't officially announced (to my knowledge) Battlefield 3, but do you really think they aren't going to make it? Money says they are.
san4
The Mas
+311|6699|NYC, a place to live
It would be sweet if they made BF2 open source. Then you'd get patches. And maybe a server browser that isn't pathetic.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6392|the land of bourbon

san4 wrote:

It would be sweet if they made BF2 open source. Then you'd get patches. And maybe a server browser that isn't pathetic.
lol it is open source
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
PeoNinja
Ninja Fart - Silent but Deadly
+31|6209
giving more $ to EA to fuck it up more?
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!

PeoNinja wrote:

giving more $ to EA to fuck it up more?
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" doesn't apply here, the game's broken to a point that they can't make it any worse.
Godless
+13|5949
He's got a point.  I would cum if they nerfed prone.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6797|Bulgaria
EA are rich enough, they don't need a donation from me to make a damn patch!
Moreover, since EA reset my stats for no reason and refused to fix them, they aren't getting any more money from my pocket! No, thanks, EA~!!
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6419|Somersetshire

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Moreover, since EA reset my stats for no reason and refused to fix them, they aren't getting any more money from my pocket! No, thanks, EA~!!
so you never ever gonna buy another game by EA then?
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6797|Bulgaria

Tehremos wrote:

Nikola Bathory wrote:

so you never ever gonna buy another game by EA then?
That's highly possible, I haven't decided yet, though. But EA really managed to turn me into an angry customer, lol.
thepilot91
+64|6247|Åland!
all we can do is hope...probaly for something that's never gonna happen but anyways...I miss the old days in bf2...just a few ones with g36e people who couldn't shoot properly wouldnt just spam nades, the majorety of bf2players werent mediwh0res and best of all you could go almost any empty server and it'd get filled up...dammit why couldnt time just have stopped in that period
jamiet757
+138|6633

0akleaves wrote:

Right today i got thinking, it cant really cost EA or whoever makes the patches that much to make them, cant be more than what its gaining in revenue for the game.
That got me thinking about donating like $10 or £5 to be able to patch up to a new patch ie like a booster on EA downloaded i mean im sure as hell the game would come alive agian if a proper patch was released and as we know how hungry companys are for money these days they are not going to make a bad patch if they wont gain any by it.
Then i thought well people are tight bastards, how about allowing a 3rd party of approved developers by EA or whoever who wanted to do it that left me well they are not going to let these people control a game incase they wreck it even more.
I then got thinking why doesnt EA just revert to 1.03 or 1.12 with the new maps as that cant be so hard can it.

What are your views on these possbile soloutions?

I think the donate method would work the best and have it like a booster where as you can stay on the 1.41 and 1.5 servers will be red to you or if you want or you can upgrade and have a server filter for both or each patch.

I know this is far to late unless EA got a bombardment of emails asking for this i just was bored on the way home lol.
The problem is that we paid for the game in the first place, and the fact that we STILL need another patch to make it worth playing is ridiculous. We don't need to pay for a patch for something that was broken when we bought it.

If you bought a new car and realized it had no engine, but you were charged the normal price for a car, and then later on down the road after offering you several crappy parts, they wanted you to pay for a new engine, wouldn't you be pretty pissed?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6281

thepilot91 wrote:

all we can do is hope...probaly for something that's never gonna happen but anyways...I miss the old days in bf2...just a few ones with g36e people who couldn't shoot properly wouldnt just spam nades, the majorety of bf2players werent mediwh0res and best of all you could go almost any empty server and it'd get filled up...dammit why couldnt time just have stopped in that period
That kind of thing is only really a problem in Inf Only servers fortunately. It just goes to show that the game wasn't designed with that in mind.

I play Ghost Town pretty much exclusively, with vehicles on of course, and Medics don't dominate anything.
0akleaves
+183|6624|Newcastle UK

Nikola Bathory wrote:

gtfo of my thread if your going to moan about your stats, i know people who have lost alot more than you and they just made a new account and kept playing as they really love the game.

I reason i was thinking about this is that with all the stats hacks thingy lol EA might be more inclined to make a patch as they need to change somethings to stop name hacks.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6577|England

0akleaves wrote:

Nikola Bathory wrote:

gtfo of my thread if your going to moan about your stats, i know people who have lost alot more than you and they just made a new account and kept playing as they really love the game.

I reason i was thinking about this is that with all the stats hacks thingy lol EA might be more inclined to make a patch as they need to change somethings to stop name hacks.
I would say that that is more down to punkbusters side and increasing their own security. And we all know that PB fails almost as much as EA.
PB doesnt check a hell of a lot of the BF2 files (or so it seems)....so making it scan more, in a tradeoff for slightly longer "verifying client data" is worth it IMO....but then I dont have a slow machine
0akleaves
+183|6624|Newcastle UK
lol i got told my some one that if you have hacking sites in your cookies or whatever you can be punkbuster banned lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard