SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6725|USA

GenLobo wrote:

Your An Idiot!!

Can You Say Pendejo!
Just an FYI for ya GenLobo THERE ARE NO MEXICAN GENERALS! Sorry to disappoint you!
zevilgenius
+0|6656
what map is that?
metal1215
+18|6654|Varsseveld, Netherlands
MGs have to be accurate, they are long heavy and use a bipod   so they are great if youre lying down or defending(camping)    if youre support dont move around a lot but keep your position and cover your team
thats what support kit is made for
metal1215
+18|6654|Varsseveld, Netherlands

zevilgenius wrote:

what map is that?
its warlord,  a special forces expansion map.  its a bit like karkand
-=THC_RU=-
+0|6717
monkeyboy
+8|6674
If you wanna get technical on the reasons the support weapons should be more accurate than assault rifles, just look at the rpk.

What is the rpk? Well, it's an ak74 with a longer, more accurate barrel, a bipod to help with accuracy, and it's got improved grips and stock.... again... to help with accuracy. Other than that, it's got exactly the same internals.

Kinda stands to reason it should be more accurate than it's smaller brother.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6761
Simply way to fix pkm but, leave it as a deadly weapon, is to make it less accurate while standing and kneeling. And since MG uses bipod, just make a pause between the moment you go prone and the moment you start shoot. So that's it.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida
People like monkeyboy obviously have no idea what a video game is.  The FACT is, regardless of the kit you use, Assault is now one of the most unused kits in the game. 

It's a little something called balance.  According to monkeyboy, we should just drop the Assault kit from the game.  Support is just as accurate, twice as powerful AND you you get extra ammo, plus you still have body armor.  It's completely UNBALANCED. SURE, realistically, the PKM is that accurate.  But, how many soldiers do you know who can jump into a jet and start bombing enemy ground troops, then bail out using a parachute going at mach 5, land, run to enemy artillery batteries, and blow them up before capturing the enemy headquarters?

You can call it realism.  Sure.  Good for you.  But the fact is you are ruining a game that was quite balanced before, whether YOU see it or not.  I actually took some pride in being one of the few people in the entire game that played with support, and USED it effectively.

Support was fine before the patch, and I should know, I had 21 fucking hours with it.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-02-22 12:02:58)

oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6816
Do you always talk in third person? If so, step away from the computer please.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6734|Twente, The Netherlands

Spearhead wrote:

People like monkeyboy obviously have no idea what a video game is.  The FACT is, regardless of the kit you use, Assault is now one of the most unused kits in the game. 

It's a little something called balance.  According to monkeyboy, we should just drop the Assault kit from the game.  Support is just as accurate, twice as powerful AND you you get extra ammo, plus you still have body armor.  It's completely UNBALANCED. SURE, realistically, the PKM is that accurate.  But, how many soldiers do you know who can jump into a jet and start bombing enemy ground troops, then bail out using a parachute going at mach 5, land, run to enemy artillery batteries, and blow them up before capturing the enemy headquarters?

You can call it realism.  Sure.  Good for you.  But the fact is you are ruining a game that was quite balanced before, whether YOU see it or not.  I actually took some pride in being one of the few people in the entire game that played with support, and USED it effectively.

Support was fine before the patch, and I should know, I had 21 fucking hours with it.
Exactly. There was more balance in 1.12 than now with 1.2. Hope Dice adresses some of the unbalanced things again. Chances aren't high.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6679|Everett, WA, US
I have to say, this thread really opened my eyes.  I actually came to this thread to bitch about how an assault kit is going to always lose against support, and therefore we should always use support.  But now, this makes sense.  But, maybe the support kit should run slower or something...
JRVoss
+0|6653
"How can you possible aim a .50 cal from 200m and hit them?"
WE used to put the mounted M2 .50 cals on single shot, put a scope on them, especially an night scope.  The .50 round is one of the most accurate rounds you will ever find, especially at long ranges.  At 200m, using a single round, that is childs play.  200m is nothing, except for maybe in this game.

I have found that the changes to the PKM are fine.  Even when I am on the receiving end of those rounds.
JRVoss
+0|6653
" But, maybe the support kit should run slower or something..."
Have you ever tried running as a support class, my squad is always way ahead of me.
KyanWan
+0|6780
The PKM and other heavy machine guns should be done the way they are in Day of Defeat -

if you stand or kneel, the recoil throws your gun towards the sky -

in other words, if not deployed ... they don't work .... HOWEVER ....

modern machine guns don't work like that   Hence the problem.  These guns do kick some hardcore ... uh, can I say ass? 

But really - they're damned good guns.  They're strong, they're accurate, they've got good (eg, bearable) recoil.  They're killing machines.  That's what they do, and they do it good. 

What I like about the patch, is guns are NOW REQUIRED TO BE USED - you can't go around tubing, or flying a stupid plane or chopper the whole game. 

I've been running real high scores with the new patch, throwing my points-per-minute up into the sky, getting k:d ratios per round that are awesome -

AND the way I use the assault kit - I've been unleashing some hardcore tear-ass on the servers I play

Yeah, running out of ammo with that G3 all the time

Basically, it all boils down to there's THREE kinds of people that play.

1:  Those that suck and whine.

2:  Those that just have fun - wether they play good or not.

3:  Those that kick ass.

The first group is NEVER happy until they can use cheats online and not get banned. 

Ther second group is always happy, they're cool with everyone.

The third group, you tell me who you are and I'll come play a round with you

[edit]

Know, I do have my own problem with the game.

Group 1 likes to take armor.  They camp the alley on karkand, sit in the spawn on sharqi, camp the MEC spawn with tank, etc etc etc -

I'd love to see the option to just turn armor off. 

Force good people to play on servers - no whiners, no losers.  Why?  Crap, I want a good game every round - not FORCE myself to take on armor so I can go clear out the other team's loser armor group - bleh -

but, it's a part of the game.  I accept it.  I don't complain - keep it to myself. 

( well, other than say "you better pull that armor out of here or I'll have to teach you how it's used " - lol - I give an idiot fair warning before I dom the round. )

Last edited by KyanWan (2006-02-22 14:05:15)

computermash
+7|6673
Main Weapons of Death: PKM
                                    Claymores

Well lets face it, I barely ever used the support kit cus its guns were a load of shite,,,,But now...WHOAA,, all different story, PKM kick ass!!!!

As to the quote just above, i would say i was the 2nd group.... Take a look for yourself... My stats arnt great.

Last edited by computermash (2006-02-22 14:08:01)

-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6698

TheBelcorwyn wrote:

The following images depict a harrowing night for Belcorwyn's enemies, for Belorwyn was abulant death, carrying with him his trusty PKM, an instrument of retribution.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2273/p … 8qu.th.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3749 … 2qk.th.jpg

DICE, stop changing game mechanics.  The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and it seems like the demise of this wonderful game is as well.  Catering to the moaners and complainers, the people who should work on increasing their ability to play the game rather than displace fault onto external forces, is a sure way to deconstruct an otherwise amazing opus artis.

Belcorwyn
nice round dude. and i totally agree with you.

Last edited by -iLL*NaYmL3sS (2006-02-22 14:08:59)

Pineapple_Pez
+2|6753
I don't care how a gun should be able to "this and that" in an actual combat situation.  All I want is balanced gameplay.  I dont think one weapon should be superior to others in the game and that is what the PKM has become.  I thought the support class was fine before the new patch.  It wasnt exactly my cup of tea, but it wasnt any better or worse than any other kit.  Now it seems that half the people in a server are wielding the PKM because it is the best weapon available.  Different kits should offer an alternative weapon, each with its own pros and cons....but the PKM is now unbalanced.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6734|Twente, The Netherlands
Finally, people come to see balance is more important than realism. Especially in bf2. Thank God.
JRVoss
+0|6653

Pineapple_Pez wrote:

I don't care how a gun should be able to "this and that" in an actual combat situation.  All I want is balanced gameplay.  I dont think one weapon should be superior to others in the game and that is what the PKM has become.  I thought the support class was fine before the new patch.  It wasnt exactly my cup of tea, but it wasnt any better or worse than any other kit.  Now it seems that half the people in a server are wielding the PKM because it is the best weapon available.  Different kits should offer an alternative weapon, each with its own pros and cons....but the PKM is now unbalanced.
So then the engineers shotgun should be just as good as everyone elses weapons ?

Game balance does not mean all weapons are equal.  It means each "role" is different but helpful.  If ever weapons is going to be the same then lets just have one class.

I disagree with you that the PKM is some sort of a god gun.  It's not.   If I keep my rate of fire low it is pretty accurate and the heavy round can kill unarmed opponents easily, it makes sense.  When playing support you dont move fast, which is why you are support.  You support the assault guys going in. 

I cant tell if it is because there are slightly more support people out there now and people are getting less ammo points that is causing this stink or what.  I play all of the classes depending on the situation.  Anti-tank and support being the ones I play the most.  I like the support class before the patch and still do today.
JRVoss
+0|6653

Dr_3V|L wrote:

Finally, people come to see balance is more important than realism. Especially in bf2. Thank God.
Balance is important.  But others were bringing up the real world so that was being refuted.

I disagree with your feeling that the PKM is unbalanced.  It seems fine to me.  In reglular BF2 and SF I still see about the same number of classes and I'm still getting owned by a mix of them.  The game requires a bit more strategy and though now as opposed to simply run and gun.
KyanWan
+0|6780
But then what if one person figures out 2 shots, pause, 2 shots, pause, 2 shots, pause = instant death with a normally inaccurate weapon when you spray?

Then what?  Should all weapons be locked on 3 round burst?

No, they aren't. 

Should all weapons be auto?

No, they aren't.

Well then - if one person uses Jackhammer - I want the remington to be full-auto too.

I want to be able to have one-shot-one-kill x a whole full remington in a second.

Realistic is good. 

( like, only 3 support guys per team) Team limits are better. 

MGs are very expensive IRL -

and when you look at an infantry - IRL - you'll see everyone sporting an M-4 rifle - not an M249.

Maybe 2 M249s in an entire unit, or a specops squad with a couple ... but not 12 M249s among a 24 man unit ... I don't think so. 

THAT'S unrealistic. 

Making the weapons friendly to noobs that don't like to get killed by people with skill - that's horrible.

I play for realism, not to make someone else's day happy.   That's why I bought the game.

Crap - I'd like to see bleeding and bandaging added.   

No way if you blew someone's arm clear off they'd not bleed to death.  99% damage should be impossible.  If you take 80 you should bleed to death within about 30 seconds.

That's my kind of gameplay.

Last edited by KyanWan (2006-02-22 14:32:23)

Slink
+17|6706
Just want to point out the RtCW method for the LMG - can't hit crap when firing from the hip or crouched or even prone, but prone and engage the bipod and it's dead accurate, but you crawl slowly and can't turn more than 40 degrees to either side I believe.

And yes, I have the MG36 and the PKM unlocked.  And yes, I think the LMGs are overpowered now.

On a side note, why is the MG36 more advanced than the MG-42? 
KyanWan
+0|6780

Slink wrote:

On a side note, why is the MG36 more advanced than the MG-42? 
Same reason why the F/A-22 Raptor is more advanced than the F-117 Nighthawk.    - or even better, far more advanced than the F-82.

Last edited by KyanWan (2006-02-22 14:37:57)

R0lyP0ly
+161|6663|USA
You babies are retarded. The PKM was designed by the Russians for the 7.62 x 39mm rounds. That's one big ass cartridge. It IS a dam sniper rifle, it just doesn't have the precision of a scope, as does the m95,m24,etc. The M24, as utilized by the US Army, fires a 7.62 x 51mm roundd - only 12mm wider. Thats why the PKM has the killing power of the sniper rifle. Its accuracy is because of the design - with a heavier barrel (as compared to other LMG's), a lever feed mechanism rather than a sliding feed, which limits the number of moving parts and thus chances of malfunction.

Quite your whining about it being a sniper rifle - it pretty much is, firing ammunition of similar caliber and a tried-and-true Russian design which gives increased stability (hence bipod) and its accuracy...SO PICK UP THE SHATTERED PIECES OF YOUR LIFE AND MOVE ON!!!
JRVoss
+0|6653
I would love to play in a game like this with the realism level of say ghost recon or rainbow six, something like that. 

Others, would not though, I think the game, while not perfect, is a pretty good middle gound.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard