-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6689|Chicago
Community Update - 2/22/06

Good day soldiers, We want to let you know that we have been making great progress on patch 1.21 and are happy to share with you some of the issues that are being addressed. The patch will be tested in a limited beta starting the end of this week. We're working around the clock to minimize your wait on the release of 1.21 but at the same time want to make sure that the patch is thoroughly tested before it goes out officially.

Below is a list of the current confirmed fixes
Crash bug when using Hummer with TOW in the Special Forces expansion pack has been fixed
Screen capture is now working
Performance issues with certain ATI cards has been addressed
Server browser can now filter by map name
Claymores - the number that can be dropped at any one time has been reduced to 2
Once again thank you for your patience and see you all on the Battlefield!

The team at DICE and EA

Claymores - the number that can be dropped at any one time has been reduced to 2
WHAT !!! why 2 ,,,, .I can see 8 being to many so make it 4....4 seems reasonable...
I don't even snip that much.....Then limit c-4  and land mines as well

Damn GAME......

Last edited by -=WM=-Racerx (2006-02-22 11:20:31)

HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6735|Germany
Fake.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6721|NJ
You can drop 8 claymores that makes me very excited, I will start doing that tonight.
Laurie06
+0|6674

HellHead wrote:

Fake.
Nope its damm true, here is a link http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_022106

Boy am i gald i got my explosives badge allready, lol i did it by dropping multiple claymores on karkand.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6735|Germany
Shit, yeah...I just saw that...Guess I have to work on explosive badge now, before they change it back...
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6777
I think that they should leave the possibility to deploy 5 claymores at the same time, but they should turn claymores FF on by default (not by server)
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6688|Sheerness, UK
Here is the link to the original page   

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_022106
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6718
sounds like a goos patch to me. Can't wait!
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6788
Red/Blue Tag bug is missing
-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6689|Chicago

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

I think that they should leave the possibility to deploy 5 claymores at the same time, but they should turn claymores FF on by default (not by server)
they did with the last patch...Thank God
what I mean is they no longer team kill you

Last edited by -=WM=-Racerx (2006-02-22 11:24:33)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6777
Red/Blue tags will always exist because of the stupid autobalance system
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6756|Michigan
um, I have always only been able to drop only 2 claymores at a time... what have I been missing?
someone is on drugs.
Laurie06
+0|6674
In 1.2 i see the red/blue bug so much more than i did before 1.2, what makes it worse is the fact that they said they had fixed it.
-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6689|Chicago

spacebandit72 wrote:

um, I have always only been able to drop only 2 claymores at a time... what have I been missing?
someone is on drugs.
No you may want to put down the crack pipe.....Yes you can carry 2 but you can deploy many more IE:
place 2 then get more ammo.....
Hope I cleared it up for you :-)

-=WM=-Racerx

Last edited by -=WM=-Racerx (2006-02-22 11:26:56)

wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6803

Laurie06 wrote:

In 1.2 i see the red/blue bug so much more than i did before 1.2, what makes it worse is the fact that they said they had fixed it.
They said they addressed it... which means they brought it up in a meeting.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=13755
FirePhoenix
+18|6665|hamilton, scotland
what let you drop 8 random claymores for 8 garunteed kills? no thanks
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6693

Limiting claymore deploys to 2 is actually a good thing for non-stat padders.  Means less chance of another sniper stealing your kills.  And less claymores in play means your victims will be less cautious.  This translates to more kills for you.

As for mines, this should remain high.  Need quite a few for proper coverage.
-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6689|Chicago

Ilocano wrote:

Limiting claymore deploys to 2 is actually a good thing for non-stat padders.  Means less chance of another sniper stealing your kills.  And less claymores in play means your victims will be less cautious.  This translates to more kills for you.

As for mines, this should remain high.  Need quite a few for proper coverage.
LOL,
Same could be said for claymores You need a lot for proper coverage LMAO.

I say 4 would be the right numberYou need 2 to protect your self and 2 Elsewhere.
-=WM=-Racerx
oStoneRo
+9|6667
what i dont get is why give you five C4s when it takes two to blow up anything worth blowing up, i mean why cant we just have one more? i cant stand it on wake when i can only blow up two and a half arty's
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6718|Sweden
They dont say anything about "The No Sound Bug". Thats the worst one... cant hear youre enemy shooting. I have never seen ther red/blue tag bug after the patch, but I actually just saw it 2/3 times before the patch.

Last edited by JON.ANTONSSON (2006-02-22 12:24:44)

Opticon69
Space Agent
+0|6666

-=WM=-Racerx wrote:

Community Update - 2/22/06

Good day soldiers, We want to let you know that we have been making great progress on patch 1.21 and are happy to share with you some of the issues that are being addressed. The patch will be tested in a limited beta starting the end of this week. We're working around the clock to minimize your wait on the release of 1.21 but at the same time want to make sure that the patch is thoroughly tested before it goes out officially.

Below is a list of the current confirmed fixes
Crash bug when using Hummer with TOW in the Special Forces expansion pack has been fixed
Screen capture is now working
Performance issues with certain ATI cards has been addressed
Server browser can now filter by map name
Once again thank you for your patience and see you all on the Battlefield!

The team at DICE and EA

WHAT !!! why 2 ,,,, .I can see 8 being to many so make it 4....4 seems reasonable...

Damn GAME......
Claymores aren't ment to be offensive weapons. They are to be used to cover you back. 2 seem a reasonable amount. It's bad enough they turned off friendly fire on the freaking things.
lewi
+3|6671|Kalgoorlie, Western Australia

C4 is limited you can only drop 5 before they start to disappear
{CN}420
+30|6703
For the red/blue name bug, couldn't they code it to check what team they are on and take the appropiate mesures if they come up red? Or would that cause too much lag, I dunno I don't program.
macca2001
+1|6663
The whole explosives thing is so out of whack now its unreal.  C4 and claymores cant be thrown a real distance anymore (unreal), claymores dont have to hurt your team mates if the server admin decides (unreal!) and you cant blow explosives up, WITH MORE EXPLOSIVES!?!

5 packs of C4 was always too much, that should have been restricted to try and cut back on whoring, perhaps also add an arming delay to stop the trigger happys from the old throw and blow technique.  Claymores have always made alarm bells for me, I have been made to be cautious around them, only to find that I can now run past them....or not!

The only explosive that hasnt really been changed is the AT, except now you cant blow them up!  I think the way they should work is that when you throw them down, they actually lay under the dirt, they should still be explodable if a tank driver shoots at the spot, but if they go under the ground (where mines belong!) then it brings a little more realism into the game.  They should also show the skulls to engineers from both teams.  May defeat the object a little if the opposition can see the mine placement, but not all tank drivers are engineers!

Lastly, grenade whoring! What happened here.  Karkand used to be a haven for C4 whores, now the first 5 minutes consist of a medic frenzy trying to revive all of the casualities of the hail of grenades that get thrown in both directions!  There is less GL'ing too.

On a good note though, I dont think I have seen many bunny hoppers post 1.20, in fact I cant safely say I havent seen any, not to remember anyway.

name tag issues are as bad as ever.  And I have noticed that the names disappearing off the scoreboard trick is still around.  A full 64 server can show total number of players on the red team as 32, but the list only contains 12 names!

Unfortunately, 1.20 didnt do the biz that EA/Dice hoped.  A knock on effect of the poor quality of the patch is that euro force has been postponed until 1.21 gets released.  I guess this also means that armored fury will also be pushed back a month.
macca2001
+1|6663

{CN}420 wrote:

For the red/blue name bug, couldn't they code it to check what team they are on and take the appropiate mesures if they come up red? Or would that cause too much lag, I dunno I don't program.
For me, they can manage to visualise the skin of the player to show the correct army with the correct uniform, apply the same logic to the name tag...they already do it for the player so there shouldnt be that much extra added on top to decide the text colour too?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard