shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6546|Flower Mound, TX
Lewisville Independent School District started random drug testing on monday april 13th 2008. 75 students are to be tested every day at every high school in the LISD school district. Personally I have nothing against being tested seeing as I don't do drugs. Something that bothers me though is that my friend (who we will say is bob) got tested yesterday. No big deal right he doesn't do drugs. Well it is somewhat of a deal because he missed half of 2nd period and half of 1st period. He had to sit in a bathroom stall for one hour and drink cups of water repeatedly until he had to pee. They colored the toilet water blue so you couldn't use that. Now the question comes in at, where have they crossed the line? How does this affect students to be tested in the future? I have not been tested but when I do I will be back here posting what happened. I do think that spending so much money on a program designed to "improve grades" ends up dropping grades with so many kids having to retake tests and missing assignments due to the drug test.

Like I said, I haven't been tested and I am not strongly against it but I do not support it either.

-shadow
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY
That sounds kind of foolish.

Is this a public school?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

I have a hard time believing that missing one period (or two halves) will really affect the grades of many students. Do your grades drop every time you stay home sick? If they do, then an hour long pee test isn't the worst of your problems. It's really just a minor inconvenience to help keep drugs out of the school. Personally, I'm all for it.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire
It's lucky it's an independent school district otherwise the acronym would be LSD and the irony would have been unbearable!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Were they really worried about him drinking the toilet water?

Seriously: Why couldn't he just go about his day until he had to pee? That's pretty much how it works in the federal government. You have two hours from the time you're notified to report for testing. Normally, you wait until you have to pee then go to the testing facility. Poor administration, tbh.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|5985|Halifax, West Yorkshire
Totally fucking retarded.
JG1567JG
+110|6590|United States of America
This is such a violation of your rights it is pathetic.  The school district will get sued when they drug test the wrong student.  I didn't think schools actually tested the whole student body, only the students in after school activities and the students that drive to school.  The school has no right to test you if you don't fall into that category.  Now with your parents consent that is a different story.
PureFodder
+225|6287
At some point someone will 'accidentally' put this on the school cafeteria menu.
https://images1.comstock.com/Imagewarehouse/BX/SITECS/NLWMCompingVersions/28001-28250/bxp28076.jpg
Then sit back and wait for the comedy to begin.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

JG1567JG wrote:

This is such a violation of your rights it is pathetic.  The school district will get sued when they drug test the wrong student.  I didn't think schools actually tested the whole student body, only the students in after school activities and the students that drive to school.  The school has no right to test you if you don't fall into that category.  Now with your parents consent that is a different story.
Why would being in an after school program or driving to school make any difference? It seems to me that the kids in after school programs (mainly sports) have the most reason to not be on drugs in the first place. Also, these are minors. The fact is that the rights of minors are vastly different than the rights of adults and that's not going to change because some kids are mad about random drug tests.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

PureFodder wrote:

At some point someone will 'accidentally' put this on the school cafeteria menu.
http://images1.comstock.com/Imagewareho … p28076.jpg
Then sit back and wait for the comedy to begin.
LOL...  poppy seeds...  nice... 

Well, whatever the case, drug testing shows you just how far insurance companies and authorities will go to mind your personal business.

Of course, the right to privacy died back around 1980.
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6186
LOL
If the high school that i went too did drug tests then half of my graduating class would have been kicked out of school. Thankfully i live in Canada and don't have too put up with crazy American ideologies concerning drugs.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

¦TØP¦straz_mataz wrote:

LOL
If the high school that i went too did drug tests then half of my graduating class would have been kicked out of school. Thankfully i live in Canada and don't have too put up with crazy American ideologies concerning drugs.
Yay for Canada...we've only had 1 drug search in the last 5 or 6 years at my school. We got locked in our classrooms (discussing the class clown's secret meth lab in his locker...just a joke of course) while they brought the dogs around.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard