RDMC_old
+0|6743|Almere, Holland
Ok maybe there was a tread about this..and I did hit the SEARCH button but its so slow that I gave up so this is my question: How many claymores can u lay down at a time.. (A sniper gets 2.. but what if u keep getting rearmed..?)
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6708
5, I believe.
clarkie99
+0|6679|Exeter, UK
I tried this and laid 4 down around 1 flag then went off to have a fight. I'm not sure if they stay after you die, or quite how many u can lay down.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6770
its 2...
RDMC_old
+0|6743|Almere, Holland

Skruples wrote:

5, I believe.
k..thnx gonna try it then soon..cuz I want to get my expert explosives badge.. and since u cant throw c4 over walls anymore I thought lets try it that way (probably wont work..  )
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6796|Singapore

Earthling
+0|6646
You can lay 5 at a time. When you lay a 6th the first one will dissapear.

When you die clays will stay in its place for a small amount of time. Dont know the exact time though.
RDMC_old
+0|6743|Almere, Holland
Ok thank you all I am off planting some claymores
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6708
its 5, I just double checked. Fie on all you unbelievers.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6778|AUS, Canberra
i tested it out on sharqi and i could lay 6 down before the first ones would dissapear.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6765|Brixham, UK
They stay for a bit after you die AFAIK.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6656|Hong Kong
so u can jump and throw claymores at the same time?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6778|AUS, Canberra

SmilingBuddha wrote:

so u can jump and throw claymores at the same time?
no
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6656|Washington DC

Earthling wrote:

When you die clays will stay in its place for a small amount of time. Dont know the exact time though.
This is exactly correct ... and, the claymores will remain for 1 minute after you die.  And, I'm pretty certain that any kills that you get with these claymores after you die will not count toward badges, medals, ribbons, etc.
-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6850|TX

OrangeHound wrote:

Earthling wrote:

This is exactly correct ... and, the claymores will remain for 1 minute after you die.  And, I'm pretty certain that any kills that you get with these claymores after you die will not count toward badges, medals, ribbons, etc.
i agree.  every kill i get with a claymore after i die is registering as -=DRACO-Krusty (Killed) BadGuy

now a few seconds after i die it still registers as -=DRACO-Krusty (Claymore) BadGuy my guess is the 15 seconds you are waiting to spawn, but after those 15 seconds and up until they finally vanish it only registers as a KILL not a CLAYMORE kill.

1 minute sounds about right.  i have been kinda surprised on how long they do stick around after you die.
Hr_Amdi
+0|6769|Denmark
Useing claymores as an assult wepon i pretty wrong - its the new C4
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6834|Lithuania

-=DRACO-Krusty wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Earthling wrote:

This is exactly correct ... and, the claymores will remain for 1 minute after you die.  And, I\'m pretty certain that any kills that you get with these claymores after you die will not count toward badges, medals, ribbons, etc.
1 minute sounds about right.  i have been kinda surprised on how long they do stick around after you die.
Claymores/mines/C4/packs dissapear after your kit dissapears I believe.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
jjrp02
+18|6654|Baton Rouge, LA, USA

-=DRACO-Krusty wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Earthling wrote:

i agree.  every kill i get with a claymore after i die is registering as -=DRACO-Krusty (Killed) BadGuy

now a few seconds after i die it still registers as -=DRACO-Krusty (Claymore) BadGuy my guess is the 15 seconds you are waiting to spawn, but after those 15 seconds and up until they finally vanish it only registers as a KILL not a CLAYMORE kill.

I don't think this is correct...

I got my vet explosive badge yesterday and I saw that jjrp02 (Killed) fucktard a few times during the round I got it...and I only got 25 kills the whole round...and one of them was a pistol kill
OrangeHound

jjrp02 wrote:

-=DRACO-Krusty wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

I don't think this is correct...

I got my vet explosive badge yesterday and I saw that jjrp02 (Killed) fucktard a few times during the round I got it...and I only got 25 kills the whole round...and one of them was a pistol kill
I admit that I'm speculating about the "kills while dead" not counting toward badges ... I say this because I am reading many stories of the badges not being awarded with kills that are sufficient.  People with 14, 15 and in one case 18 claymore kills do not get the basic badge ... people with 25 and as high as 29 not getting the veteran badge.

Edit:  Pre 1.2 patch, 99% got their explosives badges with C4, and they had to be alive to set off those explosions ... the kill levels of 13 & 23 were well known.  But, with claymores, the kill levels to get a badge are at least 13 & 23, but often times 2-5 more.  Something is going on ...

Last edited by OrangeHound (2006-02-22 07:53:16)

jjrp02
+18|6654|Baton Rouge, LA, USA

OrangeHound wrote:

I admit that I'm speculating about the "kills while dead" not counting toward badges ... I say this because I am reading many stories of the badges not being awarded with kills that are sufficient.  People with 14, 15 and in one case 18 claymore kills do not get the basic badge ... people with 25 and as high as 29 not getting the veteran badge.
while trying to get vet knife I would get some 10 kills and not get the badge (while having the 50 kill req. met)

but when I got my vet ex. yesterday, I had to wait like 2-3 minutes after I met the kill req before I was awarded it...I was getting pissed since I had met the req. 4 times before that and still didn't get it because I got my 23rd kill w/ only 10 tickets left in the game...

may just be the server...sometimes I get it right away, other times I have to wait a few minutes before it decides to give me the badge/award
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6706|NCFSU2
I think it's 5, but 6 might be the number... I haven't done a check. I've been laying claymores on my M777's when I've been commanding lately, it works wonders keeping the enemy spec ops off my guns.

Last edited by DeadboyUSMC (2006-02-22 07:57:28)

OrangeHound

jjrp02 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

while trying to get vet knife I would get some 10 kills and not get the badge (while having the 50 kill req. met)

but when I got my vet ex. yesterday, I had to wait like 2-3 minutes after I met the kill req before I was awarded it...I was getting pissed since I had met the req. 4 times before that and still didn't get it because I got my 23rd kill w/ only 10 tickets left in the game...

may just be the server...sometimes I get it right away, other times I have to wait a few minutes before it decides to give me the badge/award
Yes, I also recognize that this is possible ... in my typical experience, however, I get the award/badge/ribbon immediately when the requirement is met ... in fact, I cannot recall a time that this didn't happen (but I have read the occasional story).  Just seems that it is happening more frequently when a kill is with claymores.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6713|Antarctica
For all explosives, you can lay down 5, if you put a 6th the 1st claymore you placed will vanish.
Jobarra
+0|6688

OrangeHound wrote:

Edit:  Pre 1.2 patch, 99% got their explosives badges with C4, and they had to be alive to set off those explosions ... the kill levels of 13 & 23 were well known.  But, with claymores, the kill levels to get a badge are at least 13 & 23, but often times 2-5 more.  Something is going on ...
I got my vet explosives with Claymores pre-1.2.  I got it when I hit 23 kills.  I think there may be a descrepency from the [killed] declaration because that declaration is SUPPOSED to include the correct weapon used in the kill.  I don't think those kills count towards your stats on that weapon.  I didn't see it much before 1.2, but that's because you didn't want to leave your claymores just laying around in the open since they were TK magnets due mostly to stupid teammates.  My claymores usually exploded shortly before or after death.  I know you get kills towards the weapon during your spawn time though, because that was one of my favorite times pre-1.2.  Just sit there for 15 seconds waiting for the enemy who killed you to trip your Claymore.  So satisfying.  Especially since the enemy could destroy them if they saw them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard