SGTJones97E
+0|6835
coming up on my unlock after i got about another 600 or so points today...

Engineer or SF....i dont normally play anything else unless i have to spawn as AT to defend a base quick like, even medic.  my other unlock is sniper...
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6806|The planet Tophet
engineer
Britishbeef
+0|6800|Err...Britain
I have the engineers unlock and it is good for a shotgun but you run out of ammo fast.  I supose its worth it if you use engineer a lot but i cant comment on the Special opps gun because ive never used it.
fizz85
+1|6789|Voice of reason
SF weapon is very accurate at close/long range but kind of weak in killing power. I was sniping people from the bridge to the top of the hill of the middle base in Zatar today without a problem. I heard engy unlock is good but never have used it or ever seen it used.
My unlocks were SF then Medic... the medic gun is more pwerful than the SF but has an eaiser sight to use.
Woooookas
+0|6786|London
I only got the SF unlock and its great, its a multi-purpose gun for everything, but like some people said it is very VERY weak, and takes quite a few rounds to kill from long ranges. I tried the jackhammer twice when I killed engineers and took their guns lol, I have to say it is a CARNAGE gun but its only effective from really close, also runs out really quick, think of it as 2 kills per drum on average.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6843|Bryan/College Station, TX
Between those two I would choose the Spec Ops  G36C.  The Jackhammer is not needed as an engineer. I am so used to well aimed shotgun blasts that I feel that an auto shotgun would simply be over kill since I don't run into enemy unless they are at close range as Eng.

If you play Spec Ops alot then I would highly suggest the G36C. I do not fire any of the natural guns for Spec Ops for any country. I only use the G36C.

In the end. Go with the gun for the class you play the most. Its as simple as that.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6786

I find the current spec ops guns decent enough, and the g36c isnt enough of an upgrade ;p
shotgun all the way.

besides, you get to be extra-gangsta with your shotgun and sideways-holding pistol.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6846|Australia
Well if i was you id go spec ops, its your 2nd most played kit, might aswell get a better gun for it, tho its not one of the better upgrades, you also have a fair few medic hours so that gun?

or you could look to improve one of your lesser played kits inorder to make you better at them, assuming that is why you dont play them?

personally i dont think you need a new shot gun you can kill anyone with one shot with the current eng. gun. Your just in a world of hurt if theres more than one guy there and your alone
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6786

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

personally i dont think you need a new shot gun you can kill anyone with one shot with the current eng. gun. Your just in a world of hurt if theres more than one guy there and your alone [/b][/color]
Hense the need for an auto-shotty
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
damn its so split!  lol

i just dont play the others because i dont like them.  i like to have anti armor ...i love to play armor, and beat it.  its what makes or breaks a team in this game.

im not impressed with the AT abilities to take out the armor...so i mainly use C4 and ENG AT mines...not that i have a ton of kills with them, but i use them if i have to.

is there anything about the SF gun that is WORSE than the standard weapons?  so far i like their accuracy, and damage enough that i find i do well enough with them espeically on close quarters....
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6847|-
Um, you've got a ways to go before you hit Corporal. A little more than 2,000 points 'til you get another unlock...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6843|Bryan/College Station, TX

SGTJones97E wrote:

Is there anything about the SF gun that is WORSE than the standard weapons?  so far i like their accuracy, and damage enough that i find i do well enough with them espeically on close quarters....
Calling Agent Orange. Come in Agent Orange. Need that Flash based weapon comparison webpage that you posted and yet I can't seem to find the post anyways.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
SGTJones97E
+0|6835

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Um, you've got a ways to go before you hit Corporal. A little more than 2,000 points 'til you get another unlock...
i need to update, ive got quite a bit more points than that
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6808|USA, IL
Assuming you want to improve a lesser played kit,  go with the PKM!!!!!!

GO PKM!!!
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6807|Lake Constanze, Germany

kilroy0097 wrote:

SGTJones97E wrote:

Is there anything about the SF gun that is WORSE than the standard weapons?  so far i like their accuracy, and damage enough that i find i do well enough with them espeically on close quarters....
Calling Agent Orange. Come in Agent Orange. Need that Flash based weapon comparison webpage that you posted and yet I can't seem to find the post anyways.
Still need it? Sry, saw this tooooo l8....

http://www.noquarter.digitalatom.com/weapcom_1024.html

Greetz,
Agent
[I.H] Clownpants
+0|6780
Recently new to PC gaming, slowly being drawn from XBOX live although i have have numerous hours on Typhoon rising Joint operations. Seeking advice on the most fun way to gain points. I like to remain on foot and up close and personal but it seems that armoured vehicles is the way forward.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6820
I don't see the big deal in unlocks but then again I'm a medic whore on karkand servers, and theres always kits with unlocks from dead players to be picked up and tested. (Press G to pick up someone elses kit incase you didn't know or forgot, if they were using an unlock you'll get to use it too)

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-10-04 03:00:41)

SGTJones97E
+0|6835
i think im going to go with SF.  im about 750 or so away i think...
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6847|-

SGTJones97E wrote:

Um, no, you're still about 2,000 points away. It's 10,500 points for Corporal and an unlock.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT
Why decide at all?  Just don't take an unlock if you're still not sure.  It will wait for you! 
SGTJones97E
+0|6835

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

SGTJones97E wrote:

Um, no, you're still about 2,000 points away. It's 10,500 points for Corporal and an unlock.
ive played more since...
Faith +1
+1|6814|Arizona

SGTJones97E wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

SGTJones97E wrote:

ive played more since...
I am afraid trigger happy seems to be right on this on.
http://bf2stats.nsvr.info/player/SGTJones97E/
These guys update very quickly (I have no idea how) but it says your global score is 8847.

I also agree with the wait for the unlock.  I am going to have to test them out myself before I can chose one, just by how it shoots and how well I like it.

I was thinking the med one but - im only med all the time because I fly planes.  The other guns arent very high with damage so I have to check them out on a server before I commit lol.
MegaBlast
+0|6781|UK
SGT - I would agree.  You should go with the G36C.

In single shot mode it is accurate enough to snipe people at range and take them down quick enough.  Close range the fire / damage rate it OK too.  Clip empties a bit quck in a full on fire fight.
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
yea with the new patch i got the medic, pkm, eng, and SF weapon.  i havent used the pkm or the medic, but i definately like the SF over the engineer.
Faith +1
+1|6814|Arizona

SGTJones97E wrote:

yea with the new patch i got the medic, pkm, eng, and SF weapon.  i havent used the pkm or the medic, but i definately like the SF over the engineer.
See you wait a few days you get 4 unlocks like me haha!

I was like.. hmm which ones DONT I want? lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard