h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6360|Troy, New York
I mostly play as the Panzer elite, and when I'm playing against a brit, or a team with one I often get spammed by bren carriers (my brother seems particularly fond of this tactic). This can be disastrous to end game/ mid game developments because on small maps like the scheldt this enables the allies to build a bunch of artillery and destroy my teams bases without crossing the river. Any one have any good strats to deal with them early on?
Karma for good answers, Im sick of loosing to my brothers/ cousin, lol /(I pwn them on open maps like Hill 331, but this one I never seem to win, unless none of them play brits).
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6481|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Dude i have the same problem as you, its a real ass but 3 squads of panzer grenadiers all firing at the bren carrier usually does the trick
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6701|Ireland
Bren carrier?
The_Mac
+96|6232
hrmm....speaking as a guy who plays the British...YOU CAN'T! DIE AND DESPAIR MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Probably a squad with shrecks. You want to get that Panzer Support shit up with the Shrecks. Don't bother getting the squads they cost a shit load of man power. Just get a regular cheap Grenadier squad and arm em with TEH Shrecks.

That's the number one reason to play P.E./Wehr: Their anti tank weapons > everything else in the fucking game.
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6701|Ireland

Dr.Red-Eye wrote:

Bren carrier?
The_Mac
+96|6232

Dr.Red-Eye wrote:

Dr.Red-Eye wrote:

Bren carrier?
Uh yeah.

This thing

Its basically a light armored vehicle with a fecking Bren gun and you can add an MG as well, but it sacrifices troop carrying possibilities.
Dr.PhiL
Danmark
+30|6676|Up North
Screcks, fausts, Infantry halftrack, focused fireing, and alot of other ways.

But yeah i do agree, that they pwn. Me, and my partner, has gotten a 35 winning streak in 2v2 AT, using them.

(He does, i just spam mg's and snipers ^^)
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6360|Troy, New York

The_Mac wrote:

hrmm....speaking as a guy who plays the British...YOU CAN'T! DIE AND DESPAIR MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
That's the number one reason to play P.E./Wehr: Their anti tank weapons > everything else in the fucking game.
Agree.
The only times I have big problems are when its absolutely vital to take control early on. I might try just building the halftrack building and panzer shreks right of the bat instead of waiting a bit.
But yah, PE for the AT and the hummels (mostly take the tank hunter tree- hetzer spam ftw).
The_Mac
+96|6232

h4hagen wrote:

The_Mac wrote:

Agree.
The only times I have big problems are when its absolutely vital to take control early on. I might try just building the halftrack building and panzer shreks right of the bat instead of waiting a bit.
But yah, PE for the AT and the hummels (mostly take the tank hunter tree- hetzer spam ftw).
Inf-Halftracks are definitely good, because they will let your squads fire off their guns, without getting suppressed. This is enormous in terms of gameplay.

You might even launch an Inf-halftrack with a Shreck squad in it. That'll throw a fast ball at your brother.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6410|Alberta, Canada
Getting the Panzershrecks from the Kampfgrouppe Kompanie (or however it's spelt) is your best bet. If you don't like the 360MP cost, just purchase one for 75 munitions. If you're short on munitions, just do it the ManPower way.
Your focus should be holding the fuel as best you can. The better you can, the faster you'll get fuel. Just remember that by going with a Bren start, he's postponed making a Lieutennant. Meaning that if he loses that Bren, it will have been a waste of time and resources to him. It also means that he will have less capping power/mobility (because of his lack of the lieutennant's movement bonus)
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6481|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

The_Mac wrote:

Probably a squad with shrecks. You want to get that Panzer Support shit up with the Shrecks. Don't bother getting the squads they cost a shit load of man power. Just get a regular cheap Grenadier squad and arm em with TEH Shrecks.

I think hes on about early in the game, when its kind of hard to buy upgrades at that period...so yea.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6360|Troy, New York

ELITE-UK wrote:

The_Mac wrote:

I think hes on about early in the game, when its kind of hard to buy upgrades at that period...so yea.
Exactly, particularly when the brit has another player to back him up with heavier troops, which takes away my advantage in the mid game of them postponing their lieutenant. On maps with more major points (Hill 331 has like 4, one on each side and the two in the center) I just steer away from where the Brit is and go for the others). Do the normal germans have anything that can take em out? My cousin always plays them and he's usually on my team.
The_Mac
+96|6232
Well, see Heavy Guns' post, he's got heavy guns, and he knows.

Overall, you want something good, and I'd go with the 75 munitions. Because 360 man power for 3 peeps is rediculous. Unless you go Tank Destroyer and then get frickin 2 shrecks per squad which is OOOWWWWWNAGE.

But then make sure you increase squad sizes so the squad can take more pounding.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6360|Troy, New York

The_Mac wrote:

Well, see Heavy Guns' post, he's got heavy guns, and he knows.

Overall, you want something good, and I'd go with the 75 munitions. Because 360 man power for 3 peeps is rediculous. Unless you go Tank Destroyer and then get frickin 2 shrecks per squad which is OOOWWWWWNAGE.

But then make sure you increase squad sizes so the squad can take more pounding.
I always go munitions, and if you have the 2 shrek perk (which is, indeed, ownage) buying the upgrade will give you 2 shreks as well. 360 man power is more than I want 2 pay, lol. Plus PE dont really need the munitions for anything else (except Panzer fours).
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
The Brits are fucking unfair as hell when you're playing as the Wehrmacht.  I almost want to stop playing the game altogether when I get owned in like 8 minutes because of them.  Their structures and infantry can kill shit SO fast and SO easily.  It takes a whole Volkgrenadier squad to take out one basic British Infantry soldier.  The trenches take hardly any damage from direct mortar fire and the infantry don't get killed from directs mortar hits either while in the trenches.  The only weaknesses they seem to have is that it seems to take forever for them to make units of any kind, their armed structures take up population, and their tanks are kind of easy to kill.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6467
It can be a pain in the ass but a pfaust or continuous pgren fire will chase it off.
The_Mac
+96|6232

_j5689_ wrote:

The Brits are fucking unfair as hell when you're playing as the Wehrmacht.  I almost want to stop playing the game altogether when I get owned in like 8 minutes because of them.  Their structures and infantry can kill shit SO fast and SO easily.  It takes a whole Volkgrenadier squad to take out one basic British Infantry soldier.  The trenches take hardly any damage from direct mortar fire and the infantry don't get killed from directs mortar hits either while in the trenches.  The only weaknesses they seem to have is that it seems to take forever for them to make units of any kind, their armed structures take up population, and their tanks are kind of easy to kill.
You're not playing the game right.

You don't whore Volks, you escalate, escalate, escalate.

Get some Grenadiers with MG42s and Shrecks.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6360|Troy, New York

_j5689_ wrote:

Click HQ.
Click the Escalate Button.
Build More Buildings.
Escalate More.
Build Tanks.
???????
Profit.
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6410|Alberta, Canada

_j5689_ wrote:

You have trouble taking on British infantry? You obviously have never heard of a nebelwerfer. Ask Mac how much he hates them.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6467

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

You have trouble taking on British infantry? You obviously have never heard of a nebelwerfer. Ask Mac how much he hates them.
Wehr early game is pretty shit vs British, but if a trench is stopping you get a flamer pio and a volk or two. Tier 2 Terror is very effective vs Brits.
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6410|Alberta, Canada
Also remember, that if he stuck his men in a trench, that means he has one less squad for capping and offensive power.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6467

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

Also remember, that if he stuck his men in a trench, that means he has one less squad for capping and offensive power.
Yeah, going around a trench is the best thing to do unless you have enough resources to take it out and don't need it for something else like a chrek imo.
Spazz
+7|6573

_j5689_ wrote:

Brit = artillery whores
The_Mac
+96|6232

Spazz wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Brit = artillery whores
Not necessarily.
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6410|Alberta, Canada

Spazz wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Brit = artillery whores
Brits = MP whores.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard