Pop music2%2% - 1
Country/Western2%2% - 1
Classical4%4% - 2
Electro10%10% - 5
Hip-Hop or stuff like that12%12% - 6
Total: 48
Psychosis
+1|6618|Virginia
I listen to most anything, and in sharp contrast at that. Metal to Punk to New Age and Electronic. Korn to Enya.
Bat Country to Helena. Country is probably my very least favorite, though I can go for some Blue Grass here and there.

I prefer my music mostly upbeat and mostly decipherable, so I normally dont do death/heavy metal, (though "Her Portrait in Black" from Atreyu isnt bad ).
RedEyes-CAD
+1|6681|Arizona
I have a somewhat wide variety of music that I listen to, though it is mainly different kinds of rock and techno.

Because I'm super bored I'll write out the artists that I currently have...

3 Doors Down--Ok, mainstreamish rock
Andrew WK--AWESOME music for pumping you up, party music
The Arcade Fire--'indie' music: not bad, different from most stuff
Armin Van Buuren--one of the gods of techno, more specifically trance
Audioslave--excellent band with members of soundgarden, nearly distinct sound
Bedoin Soundclash--this band is a mix of rock/jazz/and...(my mind is blank, think cuban)
Black Sabbath--rock/metal, pretty good stuff
Blue Man Group--a group that makes their music with wierd instruments, fun to listen to
Breaking Benjamin--mainstream rock, not to crappy though
The Chemical Brothers--if your into rap and trying techno, try these guys
The Clash--Alternative/classic rock  really good
Daft Punk--decent bassy techno
Days of the New--really good rock without the modern stuff(mainly accoustic)
Deftones--I dont know what they are(mainstream rock?)  not that bad
DHT--decent techno with some catch tunes
DJ Tiesto--Another god of trance
Ferry Corsten--pretty good trance
Foo Fighters--mainstreamish rock, not too bad
Franz Ferdinand--their first cd is better than the 2nd, mainstreamy popy rock, sounds bad, isnt really
Gigi D'Agostino--pretty good techno, and he has a cool name
Godsmack--metallyrock stuff, pretty good
Gorillaz--rap/hiphop, pretty good stuff
Green Day--their older stuff is better than new, used to be punk now is mainstream
Happy Hardcore--fun techno with a hardcore beat
Heart--classic rock, decent
Ill Nino--even though I only have 2 songs...its mainstreamy scream rock(ithink)
Incubus--rock...pretty dang good
Jimi Hendrix--classic rock, most excellent
Joe Satriani--really good instrumental guitar
Juno Reactor--I think of classical with techno, but thats a really bad description
Korn--metalicrock...is now mainstream but old and new is good
Led Zepplin--really good classic rock
Limp Bizkit--techno/rap/hiphop mainstream stuff, ok
Marilyn Manson--even though he dresses wierd its still good stuff
Mauro Picotto--really good trance
Megadeth--really good metal
Metalica--really good rock/metal
Ministry of Sound--good techno/trance
Moby--decent trance
Nine Inch Nails--'industrial' not too bad rock
O-Zone--pretty good techno, they seem to be a 1hit wonder though
Pantera--better than decent metal
Paul Oakenfold--pretty good trance/techno
Paul Van Dyke--excellent dance/trance/techno, even though he has gay name the music rawks
PHil Manzanera--decent guitar, sorta like joe satriani
POD--rocky/hiphop i guess, not too bad
Prodigy--really good upbeat techno
The Prophet--excellent hardstyle techno
Queen--classic rock, they are great
Radiohead--sorta stoner music, pretty good
Rage against the machine--pretty good rock/rap
Ramstien--industrial rock, multiply that awesomeness by 10 cuz its in german
Reel Big Fish--ska, good, listen too it
Republica--rock/pop/techno from england
Shattersphere--metal/rock, ok
Shooglenifty--classic scottish music mixed with todays techno, pretty dang good
Smashing Pumpkins--pretty good rock stuff
Soundgarden--'grunge' rock, pretty good
Steve Vai--guitar, like joe satriani and phil manzanera
Svenson&Gielen--one of the best techno/dance/trance
They Might Be Giants--really good/funny rock/alternative music
Underworld--hard trance
Voodoo&Serano--well mixed excellent dance
Wierd Al Yankovic--funny music stuff
Yellowcard--punkyrockstufff, not bad
Frank Zappa--really good guitar
ZZ Top--classic rock, pretty good

so theres my current library (717songs 2.3days 3.38gb), and i'm still bored...darn

Last edited by RedEyes-CAD (2006-02-21 02:23:34)

Refused
+0|6631|South Sweden
I listen to Hardcore, Screamo, Emocore and Punk
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

Tyferra wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Just to clear it up, I wasn't saying Slipknot was Nu-metal. Slipknot is "Metalcore." Along with a lot of bands that people think are metal.
Yeah, and I know you read everything in my post past that. Kidding. You're right there anyway... you clearly know more about metal than me.

Can someone tell me about the musicality of these bands. A lot of these bands I've heard of, but never actually heard. Can someone describe it? Is it kind of fast drum based primal with the jugajugjugajug type guitars and bass with hoarse roring vocals raw emotive... you know.
I love a heavy sound, but I must have musicality, or at bare minimum clever lyrics. That means I've never been a huge fan of things like Deathmetal, and consider myself more of a "Hard-Rocker." Something you can play along to until your pick wears out and your fingers bleed, but not meaningless low minor rythmic noise.

Just wondering. I havn't heard the bands you guys have listed. try making a sig like mine, which plays the demo of a song when you click on it. We can spread the music.

Shihad fucken rules forever anyway. Just thought I'd say that... again.
Sorry about that, I sometimes read something I'd like to comment on, skim the rest of that post and then post in reply to it.
I don't know if I know more about metal than you, but I do know the stuff I listen to, and the stuff that I would prefer not to listen to based on my experience. And also I'm friends with a guy that knows like EVERYTHING about metal and all the other generes, and I've just picked up a kind of know-it-all attitude from him.

All I gotta say is... go listen to something like As I Lay Dying(Metalcore): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8XOoNzv … ay%20Dying
and then listen to Children of Bodom(Death Metal) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjtc_mdD … of%20Bodom

If you've heard As I Lay Dying, you've heard a LOT of the metalcore that is out there... I'm serious, it all sounds the same. Chugga chugga.

If you'd like to know my absolute favorite band ever...
Thrice
Thrice is so amazing... You want great lyrics? you want great music? Go for thrice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seWQc4H3 … rch=Thrice
Plus they have great music videos.
They aren't really hard, but Their lyrics and their music is just the top of the line in my honest opinion.
Go look up their lyrics and pick any song, and it'll be amazing.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6733
I'll listen to almost everything... except Jessica Simpson... there are a few others...
spacepelle
Kniven Gaffeln Skeden
+37|6635|Sweden
http://entter.com/goto80/radio/musicBox.html
listen and you will understand!

EDIT: ok, more music i listen too: covox, goto80, Rob Hubbard, David Whittaker, Puss, 047, ASMA, and everything from NES!

Last edited by spacepelle (2006-02-21 05:09:16)

clarkie99
+0|6642|Exeter, UK
Anything, I dj in drum and bass and hip hop. Not great but check out my mixes (+ a couple of my mates). www.bashistbeats.com (i'm sharx). There seems to be a trend of metal heads liking Bf2. Perhaps someone should do a psychology dissertation on this?
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6658|UK
Trough Struggle is one of my favourite tunes to play on guitar, metalcore ones anyway. I agree, a lot of it sounds the same, but I either love it or hate it, some can sound really awful where as some is really good.

Last edited by E7IX3R (2006-02-21 05:49:17)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
fall out boy for me now
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

E7IX3R wrote:

Trough Struggle is one of my favourite tunes to play on guitar, metalcore ones anyway. I agree, a lot of it sounds the same, but I either love it or hate it, some can sound really awful where as some is really good.
Yeah, there's always the good and the bad of every genre. Metalcore has more bad than good though
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6625|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Hell no country fans out there...I'm not surprised...well I'm one...that's my mainstay...although I do like rock and classic rock...primarily country...yeah I'm a redneck so what?
Bucky
+1|6626
wow all these metal fans and no one said testament, i'm suprised.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

tons of threads just like this, please close it.
flyinhawaiian91
+13|6612|cali usa
anytihng but rap country and jazz mostly heavy metal and industiral like TRIVIUM HELL YA and nine inch nails r alright o ya and of course no EMO bleh
shspunkrockr
+0|6723
AFI, Tiger Army, AFI, Bloodhound Gang, AFI, Avenged Sevenfold, AFI, Mistfits, AFI, Son of Sam, AFI, Rancid, AFI, Sublime . . . Yeah, i'm a big AFI fan, mostly of their old music, before they turned more emo/alternative, ew, I also used to listen to System of a Down, before they got political saying "Why do they always send the poor?" that's bullshit and so not true, and it pissed me off quite a bit.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

shspunkrockr wrote:

AFI, Tiger Army, AFI, Bloodhound Gang, AFI, Avenged Sevenfold, AFI, Mistfits, AFI, Son of Sam, AFI, Rancid, AFI, Sublime . . . Yeah, i'm a big AFI fan, mostly of their old music, before they turned more emo/alternative, ew, I also used to listen to System of a Down, before they got political saying "Why do they always send the poor?" that's bullshit and so not true, and it pissed me off quite a bit.
AFI, good choice. I like to listen to some AFI every now and then.
shspunkrockr
+0|6723

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

shspunkrockr wrote:

AFI, good choice. I like to listen to some AFI every now and then.
You're a good man.
smk_valvanite
+12|6646|New Zealand, CHCH
i listen to drum n bass,

al of the time, sometimes some ambient when im working, but i love drum n bass, dark and grimey drum n bass, like dieselboy, evol intent, etc
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6660
The ducky boys,Sham 69,NOfX,Rancid,The Buzzcocks,Balzac,Black FLag,FEAR,US Bombs,Guttermouth,Generation X,Bliztkid,The Clash,Bad religion,Adolscents,Social Distortion,Misfits,Swiggin utters,Youth brigade,Bob Marley,Peter Tosh,X,The Bouncing Souls,Angelic Upstarts,The Adicts,Sex Pistols,THE DAMNED,Dropkick Murphys,The Decline,Iggy and the stooges,The New York Dolls,The Ramones and so on............

Punk!!!!!!
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6612|The Netherlands
Mmh, all this fuss about metal-this, techno-that and pop-blabla-and-so-on..
I mostly categorize music into four groups;
Music I like, music I like after listening for a while, music I appreciate just because of the effort the musicians made and music I still don't like after listening .
But just to answer the question; I like Purple, Rainbow, Jimmy Smith (I play the Hammond, thats why), ELP, Uriah Heep, Tony Joe White (yes!!) and lots of other (a little less older) bands/musicians.

Last edited by eS^theB3brr (2006-02-21 18:32:20)

crotchlemur
+8|6655|The Lemur's Den
In the car disc changer today

King Diamond - Them
Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses
Metallica - Ride the Lightening
Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted
Anthrax - Music of Mass Destruction - Live in Chicago
Saturday Morning Cartoons' Greatest Hits

Discs recently rotated out

Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio
House of 1000 Corpses Soundtrack
Godsmack - Godsmack
Helloween - Keeper of the 7 Keys, Pt 1
Metallica - Master of Puppets
New Wave Halloween Compilation

Honorable mention in no particular order (and by no means a complete list)
(these made it to my cd shelf)

Pantera, Slayer, Apocalyptica, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Korn, Danzig, Faith No More, Sepultura, Fear Factory, Primus, Suicidal Tendencies, Disturbed, Manowar

I grew up on piles of 70's rock my dad would crank... Led Zeppelin, Who, Rolling Stones, and the list goes on... as you can see I've moved on from there

Give me some hard driving metal any day!  It helps me to wake up in the morning and wind down for the ride home.  I could care less how you categorize it, great metal rules and shitty metal sucks big fat hairy ass moose cock!

"Woe to you o' earth and sea, for the devil sends the Lemur with wrath because he knows his BF2 time is short"

Last edited by crotchlemur (2006-02-21 18:58:03)

BloodMetal
+2|6809
Lately, shred, power metal, prog metal, and a bit of thrash. Occasionally I'll listen to some classical music, which comes out in some other ways with the symphonic aspects of power metal and in some black metal I listen to.

Neo-classical shred has been a large part of what I listen to lately. Like Jason Becker and Joe Stump. Steve Vai's Fire Garden has been in my playlist alot lately, as has Dragonforce's Sonic Firestorm. Dream Theater is great stuff and so is Symphony X.

Some Behemoth here and there, some COB. But no, I don't like sellout metal like Trivium, God Forbid, Lamb of God, Bury Your Dead, and all those other gay bands with die, dead, or death in their name like Before I Die, As I Lay Dying, and Between The Buried and Me. They are pussy music.

And of course, classic metal like Maiden and Priest and Metallica.
BloodMetal
+2|6809

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Just to clear it up, I wasn't saying Slipknot was Nu-metal. Slipknot is "Metalcore." Along with a lot of bands that people think are metal.
Yeah, and I know you read everything in my post past that. Kidding. You're right there anyway... you clearly know more about metal than me.

Can someone tell me about the musicality of these bands. A lot of these bands I've heard of, but never actually heard. Can someone describe it? Is it kind of fast drum based primal with the jugajugjugajug type guitars and bass with hoarse roring vocals raw emotive... you know.
I love a heavy sound, but I must have musicality, or at bare minimum clever lyrics. That means I've never been a huge fan of things like Deathmetal, and consider myself more of a "Hard-Rocker." Something you can play along to until your pick wears out and your fingers bleed, but not meaningless low minor rythmic noise.

Just wondering. I havn't heard the bands you guys have listed. try making a sig like mine, which plays the demo of a song when you click on it. We can spread the music.

Sorry about that, I sometimes read something I'd like to comment on, skim the rest of that post and then post in reply to it.
I don't know if I know more about metal than you, but I do know the stuff I listen to, and the stuff that I would prefer not to listen to based on my experience. And also I'm friends with a guy that knows like EVERYTHING about metal and all the other generes, and I've just picked up a kind of know-it-all attitude from him.

All I gotta say is... go listen to something like As I Lay Dying(Metalcore): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8XOoNzv … ay%20Dying
and then listen to Children of Bodom(Death Metal) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjtc_mdD … of%20Bodom

If you've heard As I Lay Dying, you've heard a LOT of the metalcore that is out there... I'm serious, it all sounds the same. Chugga chugga.

Thrice
Thrice is so amazing... You want great lyrics? you want great music? Go for thrice.
They aren't really hard, but Their lyrics and their music is just the top of the line in my honest opinion.
Uh, COB is not death metal. They're power metal with really bad vocals.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

BloodMetal wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

Thrice
Uh, COB is not death metal. They're power metal with really bad vocals.
Maybe now, but their older stuff is Death Metal.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6704|cairns australia
there are 2 types of music rock and roll.some1 earlier liked enya,music to lapse into a coma to.i do like all sorts but mostly oz and nz rock.(tyferra-shihad,d4,the datsuns etc)like wolfmother(oldschool glam metal\rock)grinspoon,the butterfly effect etc.do like some bluesy type stuff like jbt and xavier rudd and some local hiphop like hilltop hoods and scribe(posssibly the best rapper around)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard