TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Is Kyle Petty thinking of hanging up his helmet?

If you had asked me that question 2 weeks ago, my response would have been "no, but he needs to consider it."  It seems that this comming weekend in Texas, Kyle will not be in the car.  It was announced today that Chad McCumbee (NCS driver, 2 starts in Cup) would be attempting to qualify the car at Texas this weekend.  No reason was given for Kyle stepping out of the 45, but he is to be there in the garage/pit area during the weekend.  Last season, Kyle also got a taste of the booth for 5 or so races.  Those dates were announced and known well in advance of the Daytona 500 last year.  I personally think Kyle has a future in the booth.  His comments/commentary last year were spot on and honest.  It was refreshing really.  Ever watch him on "Tradin' Paint" ?  He makes the show.
The 45 car currently sits 40th in points and must qualify on time.  The team missed the race at Martinsville this past weekend.
Opinions?

More goings on at Petty Enterprises:
**Rumor Mill**
A large Financial firm is looking into picking up 50-ish % of Petty Enterprises. 
I've been expecting this really.  When Evranham did it, it was/is just a matter of time...look at all the other teams that have so far.

General Mills is leaving Petty Enterprises at the end of the 08' season.
They will sponsor the 33 RCR team beginning in 09'.  No driver has been named as of now.  So who is on the short list...hmm ? 
Biffles contract at Roush is up at the end of this year, but he claims to be confident about an extension.  He could be blowing smoke up everyones arse too.  Richard Childress is a master at that stuff, I've seen him pull off crazy shit before.

Now, normally for almost any other team (Petty) I wouldnt think a whole lot about this stuff, its just the goings on in the bussiness that is NASCAR.
But Petty?  I know they really dont run that well, and his name sells sponsors without being competitive.  But Petty??
I dunno, it just seems like an icon of this sport is about to fade away...
Not sure I'm good with that really hehe.

Thoughts, opinions?

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-04-01 10:06:06)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6767|London, England
That oval (Martinsville) was rofl-small. They must have huge dicks in that town to only need to make a track that tiny.

I prefer 200mph big sweeping huge near-verticle banks and zero braking. Agree?

Which track does that? Daytona...almost. But what's the fastest track?

after some research, it's either ATL - or Daytona - or (this one looks like my favourite)

Tallageda

4.28Km & 33 degree bank turns

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-04-01 14:19:46)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Mek-Izzle wrote:

That oval (Martinsville) was rofl-small. They must have huge dicks in that town to only need to make a track that tiny.

I prefer 200mph big sweeping huge near-verticle banks and zero braking. Agree?

Which track does that? Daytona...almost. But what's the fastest track?
Talladega Superspeedway is the track you seek when disscussing big banks and little to no braking.  Speeds at Dega' reach 195+.
But...
The fastest track on the circuit is Atlanta Motor Speedway.  Speeds at the end of the straights reach and exceed 200mph in qualifying trim.
However you must brake at Atlanta or find yourself a nice soft spot on the fence...cause you are gonna hit it a ton.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6668
texas is the fastest track now that it has been repaved, and atlanta is right behind it. daytona and talladega would be much faster if they didn't use restrictor plates.

i agree that it is about time for old kyle to hang it up. their team just doesn't seem to have the drive that it takes to be competitive in this sport anymore. pretty hard to live in his father's shadow too.
DSRTurtle
+56|6832
I will be riding around Atlanta this friday night in a stock car.  I'll have to post some pictures when I can.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

DSRTurtle wrote:

I will be riding around Atlanta this friday night in a stock car.  I'll have to post some pictures when I can.
whoa
nice

yes indeed, do post if possible
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Good read for fans of the 88.

Briefly, it disscusses the hype surrounding the move from the 8 to the 88, and the fact that Jr. is way ahead of any other HMS driver, and has been consistant as hell thru the beggining of this year, something his father was a master at, winning at least 5 of his 7 cups just by being consistant.

article here:http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/opinion/04/02/dcaraviello.junior.quietly.performing/index.html
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6668
here are your pics troy

http://www.putfile.com/album/183751

Last edited by ig (2008-04-02 17:51:20)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

ig wrote:

here are your pics troy

http://www.putfile.com/album/183751
Thank you ig
Good choice of pics too, well done

I'm too much of a noob at this stuff to be able to do something like that without a whole bunch of bullsh*t hehe ( I freely admit this...)

If anyone has any questions about any of the pics, just pm me with hte pic Id and I'll be more than happy to explain what I was shooting.  Also, anyone who wants the full lot (its 50 pics, some of them family ((my niece that works for Bruton Smith)) just let me know, be happy to mail'em too you.

Thanks again ig
DSRTurtle
+56|6832

TC.Troy wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

whoa
nice

And possibly a video as my uncle is going with me.
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6564|Florida
Aaaaand practice for texas has begun.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6591|The Land of Scott Walker
Anyone see the 00 car whack the wall in qualifying?  Geez, that was a hard impact.  Junior is looking fast too.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida

Stingray24 wrote:

Anyone see the 00 car whack the wall in qualifying?  Geez, that was a hard impact.  Junior is looking fast too.
Yeah I saw that wreck. My first thought was this is the same type of wreck that killed Big E. I was glad to see he was ok. BTW Jr is on the pole...yeah baby!
DSRTurtle
+56|6832

DSRTurtle wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

whoa
nice

Mother Nature told me not today.    oh well maybe this summer at Texas or Charlotte, if not I'll try for August at Atlanta again.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

DSRTurtle wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

whoa
nice

Mother Nature told me not today.    oh well maybe this summer at Texas or Charlotte, if not I'll try for August at Atlanta again.
Mother nature can be a bitch when she wants to be...
hate to hear that.

Just watched the vid of the 00's crash in qualifying...that kid is lucky we are in the COT, that has to be one of the most violent wrecks I have ever seen.  The fact that the car hopped while flipping was incredible.
That gentlemen, is how you brutalize a $500,000 Sprint Cup stock car hehehe

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-04-05 04:46:51)

DSRTurtle
+56|6832

TC.Troy wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

Mother nature can be a bitch when she wants to be...
hate to hear that.

Just watched the vid of the 00's crash in qualifying...that kid is lucky we are in the COT, that has to be one of the most violent wrecks I have ever seen.  The fact that the car hopped while flipping was incredible.
That gentlemen, is how you brutalize a $500,000 Sprint Cup stock car hehehe
That wreck reminds me of Elliot Saddler's at Talladega for being lucky to be able to walk away when it's over.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
That wreck if you study it in slow motion was Dale Sr's wreck. too bad all the safety improvements we have today were around 7 yrs ago. Even with his seatbelt being fucked up he still would've survived. hell the soft wall alone would've done that.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
BTW here's the wreck if anyone missed it

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Looks to be a great day to race in Texas.

Look for the 88, 99, 17, 24, 48 to be very strong today.  The RCR cars should also put on a good show (29,31,07...)

Btw...when asked point blank about his absence from the 45 car this weekend, Kyle Petty's response:
"Thats our bussiness"

Something isnt right at Petty Enterprises...

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-04-06 09:26:12)

Stingray24
Bummer for the 24, good day for the 48 and 31.  Too bad Junior's car kinda went away from him.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Stingray24 wrote:

Bummer for the 24, good day for the 48 and 31.  Too bad Junior's car kinda went away from him.
Yeah, Jr. started with a much better car than he finished with...but I think the track temps had something to do with that.  Too bad for the 24 crew as well, they better get it togeather soon, or he's gonna be on the chase bubble.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6855|Oklahoma City

Stingray24 wrote:

You would be proud of me Stingy... I watched 5 whole minutes of racing, and managed to be watching when 00 went BAM-FLIP-FLIP-FLIP-FLIP-FLIP-FLIP-FLIP-FLIP-I'm OKAY!!!
Stingray24
One day you'll find you watched a whole race!
HITNRUNXX
+220|6855|Oklahoma City

Stingray24 wrote:

One day you'll find you watched a whole race!
lol... Actually, YOU were the only reason I watched what I did... I was flipping through the channels, and saw the car as it went around the corner and said to my wife "Did that say 88 on it? I think it did... That's Stingray's car..." Bam-FLIP-FLIP-ETC "Oh crap, Stingray's car just got... Oh wait, no, that says 00, not 88...."
Stingray24

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard