Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6658
Isn't it odd how only the newer or lower-skilled players use Last Stand and Martyrdom?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
kptk92
u
+972|6413|tc_london

Lucien wrote:

Isn't it odd how only the newer or lower-skilled players use Last Stand and Martyrdom?
Yep both of them suck huge hairy arse
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6476

Lucien wrote:

Isn't it odd how they also all use the M4 Carbine or P90?

This is tooooo uncanny...

CONSPIRACY!!!.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6580|London
LOLZOMGNEWBADAPTADAPTADAPTONLYNEWBSWHINEJUSTPLAYTHEGAME

seriously though they are the only perks that require you to suck to get benefit out of them

I wish I hadn't deleted my other thread about this, there were some right stupid replies in that one
HaxyQ
+2|6193|Tromsø, Norway
Isnt it odd that people still use sniper? (joke)

People use what they like. I use m4/last stand myself, and it works perfect. Youre only whining because these guys are placed above you on the score board. If it is so damn "good", why not use them yourself? And if they suck, too bad for the people who use them. Stop complaining, it only shows that you just got ownded by these perks.

Oh, and Ive been playing this game since release, so dont call me new or low-skilled. I bet im better than you.

Last edited by HaxyQ (2008-04-04 16:14:58)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6452|Chicago, IL

Lucien wrote:

If you only plan on dying 2 or 3 times, it's a waste of perk.

for a bad player or one who rushes the enemy, it's much more useful.
I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I
+12|6376|Ohio
You forgot to add the nub tub to the m4!  That way you can throw, launch, and shit nades! Because everyone knows this is the only true path to 1337ness. 

Use of Martyrtard or Last invincibility is a trait of the pathetic. Last stand gives a short amount of invincibility while dropping into it. Thus nullifying all claims of owning anything. Martyrdom is nothing more than an irritant, unless the entire other team is using it.
weasel_thingo
+74|6332
i hate last stand only for the fact they cant die while falling, this makes them bullet proof for a while, they can actually shoot you in this time aswell, if they fixed that i wouldnt mind it too much
martyrdom.... well, i dont know who would think that giving someone a chance to kill someone by dying is a good idea, i dont see how anyone could actually defend that perk, and say it should be in the game
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

Lucien wrote:

Isn't it odd how only the newer or lower-skilled players use Last Stand and Martyrdom Juggernaught?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6658

HaxyQ wrote:

People use what they like. I use m4/last stand myself, and it works perfect. Youre only whining because these guys are placed above you on the score board. If it is so damn "good", why not use them yourself? And if they suck, too bad for the people who use them. Stop complaining, it only shows that you just got ownded by these perks.

Oh, and Ive been playing this game since release, so dont call me new or low-skilled. I bet im better than you.
People don't use what they like, people use what they feel they NEED to use. Let's look at some facts:

1) you are sacrificing superior perks, perks that improve your ability to play WITHOUT YOU LOSING, such as stopping power, steady aim, deep impact, sleight of hand, and extreme conditioning.
2) you rely on losing a fight to use your perk. If you are good at this game you do not die as often, so your perk automatically becomes less useful. You depend on losing fights and getting a small chance instead of depending on superior skill
3) "i've been playing this game since release" means nothing. Your choice of words and inability to state your skill properly make it clear that you are an average player. Don't debate this: I've seen it more than enough times in BF2.
4) Over time I have observed that martyrdom and last stand users are consistently at the bottom of the scoreboard, with very few exceptions
5) Over time I have noticed that my place on the scoreboard is consistently in the top few players, and that of players who use their kit to their advantage instead of disadvantage is also much higher.
6) Not a single league or ladder player uses martyrdom or last stand with any kind of seriousness
7) The only reason these perks work at all is because you force others to take a chance. They can't know that you're a martyrdom or last stand user before they kill you, so they're forced to either make sure they wont run over a nade when they use your dead body as cover and keep aiming at you incase you survive death, or to carry on fighting. Not every player is going to keep that small chance in mind so he moves on: this is why you win. Not your superior skill.

Overwhelming? I'm sure you'll find a way to justify it to yourself. It's that weakness that is present in almost every player that stops them from becoming truly good at anything.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Lynx14
+41|5976

Lucien wrote:

Mmm does this really deserve a thread? Wow I should start counting how many of these type threads there are in the CoD4 section.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6543|Internetfitlerland

Lucien wrote:

6) Not a single league or ladder player uses martyrdom or last stand with any kind of seriousness
Epic lolz are had however when your whole clan kits out with marty for a match
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6161|Vancouver | Canada
I swear the only thing that happens in this fucking forum is whining, bitching, and moaning.

Not pointing any fingers though..
Commie Killer
+192|6392
Or Juggernaut, but I use it, and it makes it very simple to get long kill streaks, for example, I was 89-4 with a kill streak of 40 today on shipment. Then again, about 15 of those kills were from air strikes and helis.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6329|New Haven, CT
I think you are a n00b for using Sleight of Hand, because obviously you only need to worry about reloading so frequently if you waste ammo by spraying.

Lucien wrote:

HaxyQ wrote:

People don't use what they like, people use what they feel they NEED to use. Let's look at some facts:

1) you are sacrificing superior perks, perks that improve your ability to play WITHOUT YOU LOSING, such as stopping power, steady aim, deep impact, sleight of hand, and extreme conditioning.
2) you rely on losing a fight to use your perk. If you are good at this game you do not die as often, so your perk automatically becomes less useful. You depend on losing fights and getting a small chance instead of depending on superior skill
3) "i've been playing this game since release" means nothing. Your choice of words and inability to state your skill properly make it clear that you are an average player. Don't debate this: I've seen it more than enough times in BF2.
4) Over time I have observed that martyrdom and last stand users are consistently at the bottom of the scoreboard, with very few exceptions
5) Over time I have noticed that my place on the scoreboard is consistently in the top few players, and that of players who use their kit to their advantage instead of disadvantage is also much higher.
7) The only reason these perks work at all is because you force others to take a chance. They can't know that you're a martyrdom or last stand user before they kill you, so they're forced to either make sure they wont run over a nade when they use your dead body as cover and keep aiming at you incase you survive death, or to carry on fighting. Not every player is going to keep that small chance in mind so he moves on: this is why you win. Not your superior skill.

Overwhelming? I'm sure you'll find a way to justify it to yourself. It's that weakness that is present in almost every player that stops them from becoming truly good at anything.
1. Please fix that.

2. When you find that the other green perks suck, then the Last Stand becomes a nice bonus, not something you depend on.

3. W/e

4. I am obviously one of them.

5. Last Stand is using your kit to its advantage, especially if you find the other green perks to be useless.

6. Because elitists should dictate how we play a game.

7. Of course, the reflexes and aiming required to quickly pop off shots just after you you get felled in a highly populated area aren't skill at all. Of course, you could look at Juggernaut the same way. It only works because people don't know if you are using it until they shoot at you. One could argue, in fact, Juggernaut requires way less skill than Last Stand.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-04-04 19:11:08)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

nukchebi0 wrote:

I think you are a n00b for using Sleight of Hand, because obviously you only need to worry about reloading so frequently if you waste ammo by spraying.
People who use stopping power are noobs, because they can't get headshots.
People who use Iron Lungs are noobs, because they need that much time to snipe.
People who use Bandolier are noobs, because they need more ammo to kill people.
People who use perks are noobs, because they're noobs.
People who use guns are noobs, because real men use knives.

Let's all just knife each other.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6329|New Haven, CT
That was the point of the statement.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I made the point a bit sharper.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6349

DefCon-17 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

And real men cut their own head off with sticks instead of knives, so pointless threads like these won´t pop up.

Let's all just knife stick each other.
fixed.

Last edited by Sisco10 (2008-04-04 23:51:15)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Phrozenbot
+632|6621|do not disturb

DefCon-17 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Let's all just knife each other.
lol
HaxyQ
+2|6193|Tromsø, Norway
Lucien, I can say Im placed 1st about 80-90% of all the rounds. (With last stand)

I have never been killed by last stand, because its only one bullet that needs to hit, to kill him. If you find that hard, the you are low-skilled yourself.

Martyrdom often killed me when I started playing this game, but you know what? I adapted. Now when I kill somone, I dont go jumping on the body, I either wait until the nade goes off, or walk around the dead guy. Also, if it is not hardcore, youre also so lucky that you have a nade indicator. Use it!

I find last stand useful, because it often happends that Im one kill away for air strike/heli, so then the last stand is good to have.

If this is how you complain about those perks, then all the perks can be complained about. (Like DefCon did)

Mention a perk that is not for low-skilled players, and Ill say what makes it "noob".
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6693|"The Empire"

Lucien wrote:

For once i agree with you. Play Tactical Servers S & D and its not allowed anyway as Marty = massive Tk's. Some do allow last stand but iv yet to see any good player ever use it.
Sometimes but ive seen 10/55 Prestige on 360 using Juggernaut/Marytrdom perks with their M16's, MP5's, and P90's and they still sucked i dont really need to use Juggernaut or Marytrdom cause im skilled enough to get my kills with real guns instead of a program dropping an explosive when you die. I also never die from Marytrdom anymore but Juggernaut still pisses me off abit it seems some people and just unkillable with it dunno if its the hitboxes or what.
weasel_thingo
+74|6332

HaxyQ wrote:

Lucien, I can say Im placed 1st about 80-90% of all the rounds. (With last stand)

I have never been killed by last stand, because its only one bullet that needs to hit, to kill him. If you find that hard, the you are low-skilled yourself.

Martyrdom often killed me when I started playing this game, but you know what? I adapted. Now when I kill somone, I dont go jumping on the body, I either wait until the nade goes off, or walk around the dead guy. Also, if it is not hardcore, youre also so lucky that you have a nade indicator. Use it!

I find last stand useful, because it often happends that Im one kill away for air strike/heli, so then the last stand is good to have.

If this is how you complain about those perks, then all the perks can be complained about. (Like DefCon did)

Mention a perk that is not for low-skilled players, and Ill say what makes it "noob".
last stand makes the person invincible for a while, while on their screen they are on the ground shooting people (often with a deagle, which on hardcore is one of the strongest guns...)
martyrdom, great you adapted so did everyone else, who cares? do you seriously think that good players use that perk? and do you really think that that perk should even exist?

also on martyrdom, the nades fuse is short so you dont really have time to do much, and this might just be me but i dont think i have ever been damaged my martyrdom and not killed, unlike normal nades, where being at the edge of the blast radius doesnt seem to kill me.
also martyrdom fucks up the gameplay, you killing someone shouldnt make you have to retreat (which then makes you lose a good position/cover, and slows you down on your way to your target (on non DM or FFA)) not to mention you shouldnt be rewarded for dying
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6626|London, England
I have a natural instinct to run away from freshly killed people, whether it's friendly or not. Pretty much everyone uses that fucking perk. So I just try to run away from everyone when I kill them..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard