TJ_Houshmandzedah
+-1|6647
I was wondering just how good the PKM really is after 1.2 supposedly made it extremely accurate! How good is it? How often to players use the PKM?
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6752
A good half of a team is using PKM now.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6697|Germany
The other half of the team are snipers with the L96A1....
fungus020
+0|6773|London - England
ive always used it since i had it before the patch and i found it good enough then and pretty much the same now
airborne916
+24|6665
OMG I LOVE THE THING. best unlock i have ever done so i am very happy with it. I can damn snipe with is from like 150m's easy.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
PKM always has been a really good weapon, now is awesome! you take down a lot of enemies from mediun to long distances
Poofy
+0|6673|Pennsylvania
I have no problem with the PKM being incredibly lethal when the shooter is prone, but this ability to run around shooting it [Effectively] from the hip has got to go.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6758|Brixham, UK
To quote myself:

me wrote:

*DUFFKING goes prone on one of the buildings by the the construction site at Sharqi.

*DUFFKING fires at barely visible sniper on TV station roof

*Hits first time

*Fires again

*Kills sniper

*Aims at another sniper

*Kills sniper

....repeat.

I'm sorry, but i'd have trouble making that kind of shot if I had a sniper rifle. The gun is too accurate - it SHOULD NOT be able to make that kind of accuracy at that kind of range.
FrEaK
+1|6782|Finland
return the support weapons as they used to be, i didnt see any reasons to make them more accurate.
1.12=Support<Assault
1.2=Support>Assault
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833
LMGs need to return to the 1.12 state. It took skill before 1.2, now it's just fire a burst(standing and strafing) and they're dead.
Poofy
+0|6673|Pennsylvania
All the unlocks are supposed to be alternatives, not upgrades, to the default weapons. A statement made by DICE itself. PKM obviously breaks this mold.

Question - When was the last time you were killed by a Type 95? Now when was the last time you were killed by a PKM? Yeah..

Last edited by Poofy (2006-02-20 14:42:25)

clncmmndr
+5|6775|Laguna Beach, CA
I was just killed by a Type 95 about 15 minutes ago.

Of course, I deserved it charging at him point blank.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

DUFFKING wrote:

To quote myself:

me wrote:

*DUFFKING goes prone on one of the buildings by the the construction site at Sharqi.

*DUFFKING fires at barely visible sniper on TV station roof

*Hits first time

*Fires again

*Kills sniper

*Aims at another sniper

*Kills sniper

....repeat.

I'm sorry, but i'd have trouble making that kind of shot if I had a sniper rifle. The gun is too accurate - it SHOULD NOT be able to make that kind of accuracy at that kind of range.
Are you serious? wow.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

A good half of a team is using PKM now.
Interesting since 80% of my deaths now are from sniper rifles or something else.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-02-20 20:20:45)

d3x74
+14|6647|NY
They should make the support guns accurate only when in the prone position. And to make it really a support gun, they should make it so that its accuracy increases after you fire a certain number of rounds. That way instead of people *sniping* each other with the support gun, they would be forced to unleash a torrent of bullets, similiar to in real life.
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6840
now you can even snipe wit it
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6706|Antarctica
Too see how many ppl play support now, say "requesting ammo" via the commo rose and see how many dots light up.  Before 1.2 I would usually see 2-3 on average, now I can get as many as 12.
Lobsters
+0|6671
The PKM is an mg36 that does 20 more damage to quote someone famous.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Too see how many ppl play support now, say "requesting ammo" via the commo rose and see how many dots light up.  Before 1.2 I would usually see 2-3 on average, now I can get as many as 12.
But yet, you can't get any ammo
iceman785
+93|6673|Alaska, mother fucker.
I have the PKM and it rocks, but the SAW and RPK own just as bad cuz they shoot faster
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6741|Vermont

fungus020 wrote:

ive always used it since i had it before the patch and i found it good enough then and pretty much the same now
If you think it's "pretty much the same now" you're insane.  I used it a fair amount before the patch and the difference in accuracy is quite noticeable.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

fungus020 wrote:

If you think it's "pretty much the same now" you're insane.  I used it a fair amount before the patch and the difference in accuracy is quite noticeable.
Agree.
airborne916
+24|6665
You people are fucking sttpid, the pkm is a good blance for the game and lets you know you should not sit in the open like a moron. I never really even get kill by ANY SUPPORT class guns. it is always
(insert user name here) kill you with L96A1 i see that so much it's not even funny. I hate that fucking gun.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

airborne916 wrote:

You people are fucking sttpid, the pkm is a good blance for the game and lets you know you should not sit in the open like a moron. I never really even get kill by ANY SUPPORT class guns. it is always
(insert user name here) kill you with L96A1 i see that so much it's not even funny. I hate that fucking gun.
True, I have played the majority of my time as a machinegunner, but it always seems that I get killed by snipers.
Stags
+26|6656
Because support gunners make easy targets, immobile and slow.  The support is too accurate, it should be reduced.  The L96 isn't any better than the M24 or M95, yes it is the best of both worlds but it isn't going to run the game.

I don't mind getting killed by support if they're prone or croching at least, but when I'm sniping and I see him standing and get killed by him, I'm sorry what that just a lot of BS?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard