stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

we all need to vent at times
Dilbert2468
+6|6745|Australia
i have to say its giving me the shits how everyone is support now, or sniper. noob tubers put down there m203 and picked up the PKM and started to spam with GOD DAM GRENADES (same with the c4 chuckers). try karkand now grenades everywhere you can't walk anywhere with out getting a grenade blowing up in your face.

my opinion.

Last edited by Dilbert2468 (2006-02-20 01:32:27)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

@ Stryker, you should have shot him in the head - fuck warning shots.

The LMGs are fine now. It used to be impossible to hit fairly close targets, now you can hit even people at a modest range.

Stryker, I reckon that one occurence was a fluke. Sometimes the first bullet catches you in the head, we've all been through it. Don't blame the new patch for your death, just get over it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
TSal2111
+1|6752
Funny thing is.. now there are too many support guys running around.. but one problem still persists.. when I need ammo.. I still can't get it.  You can ask for it all day long.. even kneecap the bastard staring at you as you request your brains out.. and they just don't get it.

I'm going to find a "shortbus" server and just stay there forever. because at least on that server, I'll know to absolutely expect that kind of behavior.
Dilbert2468
+6|6745|Australia
anyone who couldn't get kills with the PKM before you must be slighty retarted or just not as good with the PKM as others (same with the sniper) i use to get kills fine before when ever i played these kits.

its called skill some are better then others . but now anyone can point the PKM at some one and get a kill.

=bullshit

Last edited by Dilbert2468 (2006-02-20 01:36:36)

TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6831|Netherlands
u did warning shot....hahaha  think u missed headshot, and hit his leg as result..

also u give away ur position.  he made lucky hit..by answering with PKM  .so stop pissing about...
Camp Freddie
+0|6720
The PKM (and MG36)  is overpowered, since its accuracy is way higher than the other guns - allowing it to snipe very effectively.
It needs a slight nerf to its 'min deviation' to be similar to the other LMGs.

However, I love what they've done to the default support guns.  They are about as accurate (when prone) as an assualt rifle now, with an advantage in sustained automatic fire but the disadvantage of needing to be prone to hit anything.   IMO, that is perfect.
[NER]Zento
Enemy Armor Spotted !
+6|6651|Karkand Street
Support : nades rain with PKM as noob cannon. Nuff said.
Sweetmate
+1|6756
The M249 SAW's role in the USMC and the US ARMY is of AR and LMG. It is the main source of firepower for an infantry squad. Do you think a real battlefield is populated by 7 or 8 snipers running about sniping people?

BF2 is not a realistic game, it is a balanced fun game, where all classes and weapons have their use, but the improvement in support accuracy is welcome in my book, as it was woefully lacking pre patch.

Most of the people who whine about a specific class, weapon or vehicle are usually the ones that dont know how to use it. i.e. someone who solely only plays sniper will piss and moan that his M95 isnt 1 shot 1 kill, and that all the other weapons that he gets killed by are overpowered/too accurate. Learn how to use ALL weapons, put them ALL to use when they are needed, and quit whining like little girls. Do you think real marines piss and moan that their M16 doesnt do enough damage and the enemys AK is way better? No they get out their and fight. So should you.

Last edited by Sweetmate (2006-02-20 03:21:43)

Hoosyourdaddy
+0|6763|NZ
I must admit, I'm enjoying playing with the PKM more - still can't hit crap while standing but I'm amazed at what I can hit at range.
Had a similar experience as the poster - took out several snipers at LOOOONG distance in Sharqui (he was just a dot on the hill). 3 shots - 2 to get the range in then dead....doesn't seem right somehow....I felt a little dirty

And Karkand is definately now a grenade fest - esp as you seem to be able to throw further than before.

Nerf the range on the thing a bit and I'll be happy...
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6724|Las Vegas
Personally i'm kinda on the fence regarding the PKM.  It was a joke before, its a serious item now.  Either way I'm still playin and still lovin the game.....
HerrHav0k
+0|6674
I love how people say there are too many support soldiers running around now, when before there were hardly any. The PKM and the other LMGs are not overpowered, they were just brought up to the level that they should be at and people are surprised that -- *gasp*, dare I say -- the LMGs are actually usable weapons.
killjoi
+2|6667
It seems like people liked the game better when it made less sense.  The Support class was weak prior to 1.2, and now that the LMG performs as one might expect, people bitch and moan.  The weapon is meant to suppress, and it does this quite well. If you see someone with an MG36 or PKM, you can't expect to stand in the line of fire and not be surprised when you're cut down.  Especially Snipers and Medics.

What I'd like to see with the Support class though is a lagged turning radius and a slower run speed / faster-dissipating sprint bar.  An LMG is heavy, you shouldn't expect to be able to lug it around without it generating some inertia.
monkeyboy
+8|6670

OddAngryShot wrote:

MG's were designed to give suppresing fire so the enemy kept their heads down !. Not to out do a sniper !.
Tried it the other night and couldn't believe the kills i was getting at distance anyway nice weapon maybe too accurate but hell ! all the more kills !!!!.
And how may I ask are they supposed to keep people's heads down if nobody's scared of dying from them?

The whole point of support weapons (in games and real-life) is that they're complete beasts. People are scared to poke their head out, because they know if they don't hide, the big nasty machinegunner is going to kill them.

If they want to balance them properly, they should make it so you have to deploy the machine gun, either on the floor or a wall, before they fire accurately. That way if you run into a properly setup machine gunner, you're toast, but they'd be easy to flank or catch unaware.
$kelet0r
+16|6688
all weapons in the game are potential one shot kills and the first shot is perfectly accurate so i fail to see the problem
btw the pkm fires a tracer for every 3-5 shots so you've no way of knowing whether you were kit by one bullet or ten
~RIP~Striker
+0|6707|Scotland

stryyker wrote:

deject wrote:

If you're sniping and a guy with a PKM kills you, you're too close!

there's a reason you have a 3.33x or 5x scope...
highly unlikely

[url]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/ticongeroga/Sharqi-Peninsula-32.gif[/url]
ehh why the coverup I am positive that you wrote that you viewing distance was 70 odd %.
section9
+9|6853|USA

DU wrote:

Snipers whine in every game ever made.
you got it backwards they whine" about "snipers
RDMC_old
+0|6741|Almere, Holland
STFU!!! and play the fuckin game!! shit happens!! maybe it was a lucky shot in your head.. just shut up and play cuz.. the sniper is frikkin unfair on long ranges that l96A1 has the best scope ever and does 95% damage.. u get easy headshots with it.. so STFU AND PLAY!! DAMN WHINERS!!
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6799|Idaho, USA / Age 30
I thought he has a point because I did the same thing.  One shot from the PKM even though the guy is turning around and I blow almost a whole clip of my MG36 at him.  That is absolutly ridiculous.
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6845
the PKM is deadly in hands of a skilled person m8.. one shot to the head you're boom gone. i've been vote kicked from a server accused of "H4X" .... bunch of whiners...
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6709|SE Pennsylvania
Not only are they too powerful and accurate, but half the time I can't HEAR where I'm being shot from.  Another fuck-up to go along with the "fixes".
[wtf]death_kill_u
+0|6646
I don't understand what was wrong with the support class before.  Having logged about 20 hrs as support pre-1.2 patch, I had a little over a 2:1 k:d ratio and over 2pt/min *shrug*  Now everyone and their brother is a support class... I haven't tried it yet, but will soon just to see what all the fuss is about.
Souljah
+42|6673
in all honestly i never had a problem trying to kill someone with the pkm in 1.12. if you knew how to use it, i thought it was already quite accurate. now i think its even easier to get kills. i dont even have to go prone now i just crouch. if you couldnt get a kill with it in patch 1.12 with the pkm, maybee your not as good as you thought you were. on a side note though, i agree with that other dellow on here. all these support guys and i still have to find a crate to resupply my ammo lol.
omn|p0tenT
+0|6672

stryyker wrote:

but now any half retarted gimp can snipe people with it.
Only retards spell the word retarded wrong.
DonWanKiddick
+1|6651

SysTray wrote:

Shoot him in the head next time?
well said...why waste time shooting him in the leg? you just asked for it.....i shot him in the leg then watched him for a while......hmmm well maybe they have made the PKM more accurate i say add more recoil when crouched or standing and keep ut as it is for when ur proned just like DOD......as it was it was a total waste of time..if its an MG then deploy it for max accuracy DOD style like the good old MG42....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard