Poll

Should I buy 2142?

Yes41%41% - 20
No58%58% - 28
Total: 48
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
Okay well I'm considering buying 2142, but is it worth it?

Also I can run BF2 pretty well, but then SF lags out like mag.

Do any of you know if this would be the case with 2142, or should I not have a problem?
illuminati34
+5|6651|michigan usa
if sf lags dont try 2142.  also its not very fun.  sounds like you need a ram and graphics upgrade.  i would sugest trying the demo if you really want to see it though.  hope this helped.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Hard to say about the lag bit. You will probally most certainly lag in Titan mode.
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6220|cs_connecticut‬‭
BF2142 is pretty fun. Lots of noobs though.
danbourg
+2|6157|Qc,Canada

bennisboy wrote:

cant say for 2142 cuz i dont have it..but,,  same here with SF.
why would having more ram help if bf2 normal is working fine!!!!
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6598|S.C.
Waste of money, just for a mod.
DL PR if you have not already
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6557|Brisbane, Aus

Sorry this is the 3rd 'should i get 2142' thread, don't feel like typing what i put out again lol.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=77364
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland

danbourg wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

cant say for 2142 cuz i dont have it..but,,  same here with SF.
why would having more ram help if bf2 normal is working fine!!!!
QFT

I have 1gb and a 256mb graphics card. So if BF2 runs well on highish setting, why the fuck does SF not.

Hmm, these mixed answers have not helped me reach a conclusion.

I did the "can my PC run this game" thing and it said my PC was fast and passed everything, but I doesn't tell you how well you can run it
JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

You would be better taking the money and wiping your arse with it. Much more satisfying.

Get some of the excellent mods for BF2 instead.
link52787
+29|6521
meh, I have 2142, gets boring after a while.

slowly less and less servers show up than when the game was first released.  Still a healthy amount of them but less.
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
hmmm well atm, I's stuck between tiger woods 07 on the ps2 n this! I cant decide!

also I love sharqi, but its servers are dieing out , and I dont really like the majority of the other maps. Karkand is okay except for the  minute long nade spam at the start.

Last edited by bennisboy (2007-06-25 06:16:01)

Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6344|New York
If you like FPS then you'll like 2142.  Alot of people expected to be exactly like BF2 and were highly disappointed so you can't really trust the results of your poll.  It has many advantages over BF2 and some disadvantages so I suggest you try it if you're a fan of the Battlefield series and if you don't like it just Ebay the sucker.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6165
don't buy 2142, my friend bought it and after 30 minutes of playing, he got bored. then I tried to play it...it was horrible

I love bf2
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Form your own opinion and try the demo. You will find people love it or hate it. Only you can decide that.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6596|Michigan, USA

suomalainen_äijä wrote:

don't buy 2142, my friend bought it and after 30 minutes of playing, he got bored. then I tried to play it...it was horrible

I love bf2
Exaclty, your friend got bored, Ive got over 200 hours and im not bored yet.  Its all personally opinion.  Play the demo, while not nearly as good as the full game , youll see what its mostly about.  Most people who call 2142 bad have never even played it, so they really cant make the comparsion.  At least try the demo, its been a great game to me, having more fun with it then BF2s camp/nade/claywhore -athon on nearly every map...
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6175|sverige
futuregames = fail bigtime
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6596|Michigan, USA

Ruckel wrote:

futuregames = fail bigtime
Comments like that make me despise this forum, if its a game people dont like, why take the time to post garbage in its forum?  Go back to your BF2 side and bitch about stats not updating or whatever else garbage you want to.
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
well I got it and northern strike for £25.99
link52787
+29|6521

bennisboy wrote:

well I got it and northern strike for £25.99
well, have fun.

I'm not getting the NS booster, I learned my lesson with Armor Fury and Euro Force.  No servers running it.
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
meh it was only cheap
lopermento
+5|5998
I just bought it, and "Is it worth it?". Yeah. It is fun. The only issue is that servers have a tendency to reset mid-game. Which can really be annoying if you are doing well. Happened to me 30 mins ago. As R2zoo said, there are no clay/nade/campwhore -athons. EA/Dice did real well fixing that issue. I started out with the demo, and played it for a few months, decided I liked it, so bought it. Still have not regretted it. If you have not seen the potential of fun(ness) this game can produce check out www.squadplay.com It is not my site, nor a clan site, so BF2s don't panic. (although you may still remove it. Your privilage.) That is the site that made me buy 2142.
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6443|California

lopermento wrote:

I just bought it, and "Is it worth it?". Yeah. It is fun. The only issue is that servers have a tendency to reset mid-game. Which can really be annoying if you are doing well. Happened to me 30 mins ago. As R2zoo said, there are no clay/nade/campwhore -athons. EA/Dice did real well fixing that issue. I started out with the demo, and played it for a few months, decided I liked it, so bought it. Still have not regretted it. If you have not seen the potential of fun(ness) this game can produce check out www.squadplay.com It is not my site, nor a clan site, so BF2s don't panic. (although you may still remove it. Your privilage.) That is the site that made me buy 2142.
I really don't think he gives a shit nine months later. Is the new BF2S fad reviving old threads?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

Buy a Hoe,

Learn to spend your money wisely.
martinez
+5|5980|Worcester, MA
dude you have to get it the best game ever

the only thing is if you lag get another memory for your pc their cheap on bestbuy but you will never get them on walmart
and if you cAN GET ns with it is more fun and if you get the awards tyou get free unlocks
chittydog
less busy
+586|6835|Kubra, Damn it!

RandomSchl wrote:

lopermento wrote:

I really don't think he gives a shit nine months later. Is the new BF2S fad reviving old threads?
The new fad? lol. I'm kinda surprised that loper played the demo for a few months before deciding to buy it. A friend of mine talked me into buying it last week. So far it's okay, just a slightly inferior version of BF2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard