GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641

chittydog wrote:

These kids don't know who D.B. Cooper is.
shit man I was born in 82, Ive never heard of him.
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6512|montreal, quebec

chittydog wrote:

i bet you dont know who is La Poune or Edgar Fruitier, pappy.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6515|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

chittydog wrote:

shit man I was born in 82, Ive never heard of him.
don't worry.  the only reason other people do is from a TV drama on Fox.
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.

PvtStPoK wrote:

chittydog wrote:

i bet you dont know who is La Poune or Edgar Fruitier, pappy.
Sounds French.
howler_27
+90|6684
Pretty cool stuff.  I had heard that some kid found a wad of bills that matched some of the numbers on the cash that he took.   I guess that it was along a riverbank somewhere in Washington, while he was camping.
13rin
+977|6477

howler_27 wrote:

Pretty cool stuff.  I had heard that some kid found a wad of bills that matched some of the numbers on the cash that he took.   I guess that it was along a riverbank somewhere in Washington, while he was camping.
I seem to remember that they did find some of the money a few years ago in a riverbed or something.  I've always wondered about DBC's fate.  In a program I saw that from where he jumped out of the plane the stairscase would have been slamming open and shut from the airflow, making a jump extremely difficult.   He's was/is one ballsy sumabitch though.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6707|Oklahoma City

Shem wrote:

chittydog wrote:

correct
Actually, if you read any of the stories you would see that they have been giving DB Cooper a lot of press over the last couple of years in that area in attempt to get someone to come forward with information on this "unsolved" case. All of the news accounts I have read of this have said the children that found the parachute were the ones wanting the FBI notified because that is what the news stories said should be done.

Also, it has not been proven to be DB Cooper's parachute. Right now it is JUST a parachute found in the area they think he jumped... They haven't even been able to confirm it is the right KIND of parachute yet.

I just thought it would be funny if they dug up the rest of it, and found him still attached to the other end of those ropes.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6539|Texas - Bigger than France
I remember my dad telling me about this back when I was a kid fascinated by stuff like this.  Still pretty cool.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6515|USA
Stimey
­
+786|6117|Ontario | Canada
You should all watch "Without a Paddle"
­
­
­
­
­
­
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

not his chute.  you fail.  have a nice day.
krAzi
+17|5954|Some Strange town
- A recently discovered parachute could not have been used by D.B. Cooper in 1971, says the man who packed the four chutes that were given to the mysterious skyjacker.

The torn, tangled parachute — found about a month ago by children along a dirt road near Amboy — was probably made around 1945, said Earl Cossey, who examined the chute for the FBI on Friday.

The FBI said the matter remained under investigation.

A man who had given his name as Cooper hijacked a Northwest Orient flight from Portland, Ore., to Seattle in November 1971, claiming he had a bomb. After the plane landed at Seattle, he released the passengers in exchange for $200,000 and four parachutes and asked to be flown to Mexico. He then bailed out of the jet as it flew somewhere near the Oregon line.

Some of the money given to him was found in 1980 along the Columbia River, but the fate of Cooper remains unknown. Many think he could not have survived the jump.

Cossey, who sold parachutes at a skydiving operation in Issaquah in the 1970s, had provided the chutes that the FBI gave Cooper. He told The Columbian of Vancouver that the newly found chute "absolutely, for sure" could not have been one of the four that he provided.

"The D.B. Cooper parachute was made of nylon," he said. "This 1945 parachute was made of silk."

FBI Agent Robert A. Burroughs in Seattle said Monday that agents had not ruled out the possibility that the chute was from Cooper.

"We haven't made a determination one way or the other yet," Burroughs said. "We're still in the process of finishing up what investigative steps we think are necessary to feel certain about calling it one way or the other."

The FBI had launched a publicity campaign last fall, hoping to generate new tips to solve the 36-year-old mystery.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard