Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA
from here

My motto is if it doesn’t work on the Mac, it’s not worth using. Joe went on, blubbering and flubbering about how much money he saved, and how Macs were only for unemployed artists and college dropouts. At this point I got up from my seat and moved to another table. The lesson? Unless someone owns a Mac, he or she is not worth talking to.
hahaha. oh wow.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
In fairness, it's completely true. I just can't take and appreciate comments given about macs unless people have actually used them for more than 20 minutes, or they only use them in school because that is all they have or something. The likes of Bertster7 has a genuine opinion to comment considering he's in the their tech support, but a ton of comments around here can be backed with no personal evidence.
CloakedStarship
+76|6567
Sounds like he has his head up his ass.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA
...did you read it? its not really like that at all.

i'll be the first to admit that mac dominates portable computers, but they fail horrendously at desktops--which are designed to be user expandable.

what this guy is essentially saying is that bar none, all nonmac users are idiots not worth talking to. his example of choice is some random schlub who just struck up a casual conversation and had very valid points towards not using a mac, while this guy was a total cockwad to him.

edit:@kyle.

Last edited by Ender2309 (2008-03-25 07:24:48)

David.P
Banned
+649|6276
Except bernie's not gay. Yet...
CloakedStarship
+76|6567
When I read the story, I got the impression that he was saying "If your computer isn't white and glossy, your a moron."

He also comes across as completely stubborn, like he doesn't even want to hear anything from you unless your agreeing with him.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6687|Espoo, Finland
unbeknownst
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
soul-mate, or butt-buddy?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
he is a douchebag elitist and sounds like the well known smugfag aka goronchev. "I realised I was intellectually superior" f that buddy.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-03-25 08:36:48)

inane little opines
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

kylef wrote:

In fairness, it's completely true. I just can't take and appreciate comments given about macs unless people have actually used them for more than 20 minutes, or they only use them in school because that is all they have or something. The likes of Bertster7 has a genuine opinion to comment considering he's in the their tech support, but a ton of comments around here can be backed with no personal evidence.
What? People who don't own a Mac aren't worth talking to because they clearly are stupid and have no idea what they're talking about? Get your head out of your ass. Yes, a lot of people don't like Apple for no 'real' reason, however did you ever stop to think that it maybe due to the rediculously smug attitude that seemingly all Apple users have? There is a reason why people don't hate Dell users; because they realise that it's just a fucking computer.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5999
I agree, Macs are all good and stuff, I prefer them, but this? A complete douchebag, Bernadictus does not even get to his knees (which is a good thing)
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

kylef wrote:

What? People who don't own a Mac aren't worth talking to because they clearly are stupid and have no idea what they're talking about? Get your head out of your ass. Yes, a lot of people don't like Apple for no 'real' reason, however did you ever stop to think that it maybe due to the rediculously smug attitude that seemingly all Apple users have? There is a reason why people don't hate Dell users; because they realise that it's just a fucking computer.
you sir, are awesome. also right. completely right.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85
It's satire.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

It's satire.
i hope so. but he's really bad at it. the goal of satire is to be obvious whilst maintaining an air of subtlety, which he sorta did, but not really. assuming it is in fact satire.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

kylef wrote:

or they only use them in school because that is all they have or something.
So their opinions aren't valid? They have to use them daily for hours, and if they still don't like them their opinion just doesn't count, or is still misinformed somehow?
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6222|Phoenix, AZ
To me Macs are like drugs.

I know many people with them, theres good arguments to use/take them...

But in the end theyre too expensive. And im doing pretty good in life without it

I dont care what O/S your using, use what you want, but please dont bitch to me about how much more awesome a mac is than a PC.

my favorite quote
Macs are so fucking expensive!! Maybe if college students didn't HAVE to buy a Mac they wouldn't have to bitch about eating ramen all the time...
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85

Ender2309 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

It's satire.
i hope so. but he's really bad at it. the goal of satire is to be obvious whilst maintaining an air of subtlety, which he sorta did, but not really. assuming it is in fact satire.
It doesn't necessarily have to be obvious. A lot of people thought Jonathan Swift was serious.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6441|King Of The Islands

kylef wrote:

... Vista sucks?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA

GodFather wrote:

To me Macs are like drugs.

I know many people with them, theres good arguments to use/take them...

But in the end theyre too expensive. And im doing pretty good in life without it

I dont care what O/S your using, use what you want, but please dont bitch to me about how much more awesome a mac is than a PC.

my favorite quote
Macs are so fucking expensive!! Maybe if college students didn't HAVE to buy a Mac they wouldn't have to bitch about eating ramen all the time...
actually they've become significantly cheaper. with an education discount an entry macbook will only run you $999, which isn't really that awful for the hardware its running. still not the greatest price ever, but much better than it used to be.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT
He thrives on people reacting angrily to him. If everyone ignored him, this stupidity would shrivel up.

(Also this proves, sadly, that our great state isn't immune to idiots.)
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6231|NSW, Australia

i used to own a mac so i can say theyre shit lol

it was ok for what i needed it to do, but if i tried to do stuff it wasnt for, it would fuck up real bad
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA

Nappy wrote:

it was ok for what i needed it to do, but if i tried to do stuff it wasnt for, it would fuck up real bad
seeing as they don't make good nail clippers, it would be great if you could elaborate.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

Ender2309 wrote:

Nappy wrote:

seeing as they don't make good nail clippers, it would be great if you could elaborate.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Dragonclaw
+186|6307|Florida
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net … =macs_cant

Shut the fuck up Mac users.

You arent better than PC users.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Mac is for people who don't know shit about computers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard