Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Not sure there are anything they can do about it ... i kinda doubt they are able to restore your account to what it looked like before the hack
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6000|Aberdeen, Scotland
Didn't they restore Huellia's account after a reset at some point?
VicktorVauhn
+319|6392|Southern California
They could at least make a special note to not reset that account?
Really though, They have to be able to look at a history like Chuy has set up and go back and set his point total to what it was? "set to zero" can't be the only option in their program?

EA does fucking suck. a lot. I'm usually prone to believing people criticize some companies because they are fanboys (or anti fanboys?) But EA really is that bad.

When I bought 2142 it came with an CD key that had already been registered. Once you register a 2142 CD key to an account that is the only one it can be used with. Call EA support and they told me I was lying, and that I stole the CD key. Good job guy. In the end he said I could buy a new CD key for $10.

I was so amazed they would use the customer support hotline to call their customers liars and accuse them of stealing.
RECONDO67
+60|6636|miami FL
I miss playing BF2
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Great, I got reset. Fucking shit, 150k points wasted.

Oh well, a fresh start. Now I'll at least get karkland off my favourite map
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

this is their response......................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank you for contacting EA In-game support.

It is always distressing to hear that a player may have had their account illegally accessed and the account damaged. Unfortunately, there is very little we can do and very little assistance we can offer with Battlefield 2 soldier accounts. Battlefield 2 Soldier accounts are at their core “Free” IGN/Gamespy game accounts. These accounts are free for users and are used to track your stats and scores. However, because these accounts are controlled by IGN/Gamespy, Electronic Arts does not have direct access to them. As well, because these are basically free accounts that can be created by anyone, IGN/Gamespy provides no support for them outside of their automated password retrieval system.

Though we understand you’ve probably invested a lot of time into your account, we recommend creating a new Battlefield 2 account at this time. We understand this is not what you want to hear, but as I mentioned above, we have no access to change any Battlefield 2 account information. However, account security is very important to us, and making sure you take your account security seriously is a very important initiative here at Electronic Arts.

If you’ve lost access to your Battlefield 2 account because you believe it may have been stolen or accessed with out your permission then there are three possible reasons on how this happen.

1) You’ve used an illegal and unsupported 3rd party program with Battlefield 2. These programs are often just shells for Virus, Trojans and Key logger software. When using this type of software there’s a good chance you’re not only sending your Battlefield login information but also account information for any website you access on that PC.
2) You’ve let a friend or family member use your account, or accessed your account from another PC other then your own. There’s no way you can make sure someone else doesn’t lose your password or that their PC is secure. This means that when you let someone else use your account, or access it from a PC that could be compromised you take a big risk. Never share your account information!
3) The password used for the account was not a strong one. Try reading over this informative page about how to make a strong password and password security. http://www.itc.virginia.edu/accounts/passwords.html

If you believe your PC has been truly hacked, we recommend doing the following immediately. Scan your entire system for viruses. If you have McAfee or Norton’s Symantec anti-virus programs, you should be able to update your .dat or definition files to detect any infection. Both of these will detect Back Orifice, NetBUS, SubSeven, and a variety of other malicious programs. These viruses - also known as “Trojan Horse viruses” - allow someone to get inside your system without your knowledge. Removing the virus is your first and most important step to preventing this from happening to you again. Another virus detection program is The Cleaner located at www.moosoft.com. This program will detect and remove Trojan viruses.
Thanks to the good folks at Symantec Security, we have included a link that has detailed information and FAQs about the Internet and Internet security. The page also contains guides to various dangers on the Internet, glossary of hacking terms, and an online Security Check to test your vulnerability on the Internet. We highly recommend becoming familiar with some of the information as well as some of the solutions that are presented. http://www.symantec.com/securitycheck/

Again, we do wish there was something more we could do for you, but we do not have the tools or the access to return Battlefield accounts to players. EA Customer Support can also not transfer stats from one account to another, modify single or multiple stats on an account, or provide any account management for Battlefield 2 accounts. If you have any other concerns or general questions about Battlefield 2 please try searching our Knowledge Base at http://support.ea.com/.

Sincerely,

EA Rep Brad
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

-------------------------------------------------------

So........we are on our own ???????????
Well my days off to a good start.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria
So - what the hell can I do with my account? never ever use it? 'cause even if I gain new points, they will hack it again?
Start a new account? what??
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

Nikola Bathory wrote:

So - what the hell can I do with my account? never ever use it? 'cause even if I gain new points, they will hack it again?
Wait a couple of days, EA's gotta get this fixed somehow.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Nikola Bathory wrote:

That would be great, but actually I doubt it
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Nikola Bathory wrote:

That would be great, but actually I doubt it
Then the hackers are gonna get tired some time. They can't keep this up for long.
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6695|Ireland
Two guys in my clan were hacked yesterday. Both got 16,000,000 points
And now there both reset
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria
I hope that EA can restore my account to its previous state (I doubt it though).
Looks like I will have to start a new account? Or play with the current one (i think it is reset right now)?
Sharpshot*
+2|6509|Manchester, UK

Dr.Red-Eye wrote:

Two guys in my clan were hacked yesterday. Both got 16,000,000 points
And now there both reset
Was it WiW clan? All of those got done over.

And a few ATG lol
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

EA's gonna get sued. So hard.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

Freezer7Pro wrote:

AHAHAAH
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

AHAHAAH
Love you too, darling. With the exception of total score, my stats will nothing improve now, since my newbie time and the times I've gotten this account hijacked aren't counted anymore.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-03-25 08:04:56)

_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6521|Polish state of EU
I send them mail asking what are they going to do with it. When they will send non-auto response, i will post it here. For now I stop playing battlefield 2 until they solve this problem and i highly advice for you to do the same until its too late.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!
I'll keep playing, won't cry if I log onto a hacked server and lose my stats, just means I'll lose the hacked purple heart as well.
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6489|Kamloops, BC Canada
I'm going to keep playing... because even though stats are an awesome extra bit to online play... BF2 is still tons of fun.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria
I WILL continue playing BF2, but I will create a new account while I wait for EA to fix my account - if they fix it at all! I had 201 000 points!!!!!!!!!!
!
howler_27
+90|6687
Sorry to hear about your account Sniper.  Sucks for sure.  Good seeing you in our Xtreme Honor Brigade server the other night.  Hope ya had a good time there.

Last edited by howler_27 (2008-03-25 09:06:09)

13rin
+977|6480

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

^ Hacked or were you a naughty boy?
http://bf2s.com/player/63015296/
http://www.spieler-daten.de/Canadian_Sn … nline.html
http://www.spieler-daten.de/Freezer7Pro … nline.html

I dunno man.  Both you guys have a K&P server in your recent history with same day & about same time....

& found Nikola

http://www.spieler-daten.de/Nikola_Bath … nline.html

All 3 same K&P server. Dirty Server man!

64.34.176.223:16576 

24/7 infantry only strike at karkand not wake island 24/7 and not dalian plant with modded server knife and pistol stat padding server fun high points

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-03-25 09:36:51)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

^ Hacked or were you a naughty boy?
http://bf2s.com/player/63015296/
http://www.spieler-daten.de/Canadian_Sn … nline.html
http://www.spieler-daten.de/Freezer7Pro … nline.html

I dunno man.  Both you guys have a K&P server in your recent history with same day & about same time....

& found Nikola

http://www.spieler-daten.de/Nikola_Bath … nline.html

All 3 same K&P server. Dirty Server man!

64.34.176.223:16576 

24/7 infantry only strike at karkand not wake island 24/7 and not dalian plant with modded server knife and pistol stat padding server fun high points
I haven't been to any "64.34.176.223:16576       24/7 infantry only strike at karkand not wake island 24/7 and not dalian plant with modded server knife and pistol stat padding server fun high points", hell, it's a US server - I live on an island in Finland, I barely get decent pings in Europe!
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6650|Washington DC

You were probably name-hacked freezer ... but, yeah, that server's dirty.  Just look at the players on there and everyone has a score of 8 million points.

http://www.game-monitor.com/bf2_GameSer … 47_an.html
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6371|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Woho. I'm one of the thousands who got hacked. I so don't care anymore.

Now I can play BF2 without giving a shit about anything. Cheers EA/Gamespy for being so supportive.....not.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard