Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6408|Alberta, Canada
I had an interesting experience when I got mine taken out.

A girl that looked like she had just finished medical school (or whatever the hell she had to take) got to stick the IV into my arm which would eventually put me to sleep. I could tell by looking at her that she was nervous and she missed the vein in my arm 4-5 times before she had to move to the other arm (because the first was starting to swell from all the stabbing). She got it in on the second try on the second arm. I didn't mind... She was cute

The real fun though, was after it was done. Now, for me there was almost no pain at all. Just a little sting every once in a while, but that was it.
GAUZE (or however you spell it) is a MUST. I bleed like I had never seen before. I just stuck some of the stuff in my mouth and held a bowl under my mouth for the 4 continuous days it bled, then it stopped. By continuous, I mean that it didn't stop for the 4 days. After I woke up, I found my face was sitting on a bloody pillow the whole night.

DON'T drink through a straw. Doing so might give you a dry socket, and my friends say it hurts like hell. (Didn't happen to me)

I don't know if it'll be the same for you, but at least you'll know what could happen.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6527
make sure to put some old sheets on your bed because you'll get them bloody the first day or so
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6636|949

ig wrote:

make sure to put some old sheets on your bed because you'll get them bloody the first day or so
That's what she said...
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6468|meh-land

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ig wrote:

That's what she said...
especially if you drool when you start dozing off...

sit down to rest for a little bit, half an hour later there's a patch of blood on the pillow

lol
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6498|N. Ireland
If you do get nervous, just tell the dentist that you are a bit nervous and I'm sure he/she will try to make the 'operation' as smooth as possible. It might hurt for a bit but think of the end result! I can sympathize with you on the braces front, mine were aching for the first day or two then started to sooth off. Although I'm on my 3rd or 4th tightening now and they are absolutely fine.

Good luck - be sure to tell us how it went :)

Last edited by kylef (2008-03-25 01:36:27)

mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6842|A Small Isle in the Tropics

I had 3 pulled out in one go, with two pretty nurses watching me..both student nurses. So i got a massive discount to go along with the massive pain
BVC
+325|6700
Good excuse to score some codeine
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6408|Alberta, Canada

mikeshw wrote:

I had 3 pulled out in one go, with two pretty nurses watching me..both student nurses. So i got a massive discount to go along with the massive pain
Pretty girls make everything better.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6572|NYC / Hamburg

Might be a bit late .... I got mine pulled out last month. The dentist injected some sort of local anesthetic than janked all 4 teeth out. Whole thing was done in 30 min. Gave me some pills to combat swelling. No pain killers needed. Didn't hurt at all. In the hours following I felt a bit weird though. Cooled with ice as much as possible. So it doesn't have to be a bad experience

good luck
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6468|A W S M F O X

GR34 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

So yeah, the day has come. I go in at 1:00pm tomorrow, get an Ativan pill, and sit for an hour for the pill to take effect. It's basically just to calm me down so I don't have to worry about anything.

Have you guys had your wisdom teeth pulled? If so, did it hurt afterwards? I'm not too nervous, nothing could be worse than the first few days after getting braces.
I haven't had it don't but bring your Ipod or Mp3 that makes it alot more barrible then turn the music up super loud. I did it when I got a tooth exposed in my pallet it helped. If you are going to River Center U have to being Music the stuff they have sux something fierce
Wow, grammar fairy didnt visit you tonight.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6395|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

AWSMFOX wrote:

GR34 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

So yeah, the day has come. I go in at 1:00pm tomorrow, get an Ativan pill, and sit for an hour for the pill to take effect. It's basically just to calm me down so I don't have to worry about anything.

Have you guys had your wisdom teeth pulled? If so, did it hurt afterwards? I'm not too nervous, nothing could be worse than the first few days after getting braces.
I haven't had it don't but bring your Ipod or Mp3 that makes it alot more barrible then turn the music up super loud. I did it when I got a tooth exposed in my pallet it helped. If you are going to River Center U have to being Music the stuff they have sux something fierce
Wow, grammar fairy didnt visit you tonight.
Oh awsmfox you sly dog you
Ryan
+1,230|6848|Alberta, Canada

GR34 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Well I am rbing my iPod, and I`m going to watch I Am Legend again while I wait, but I don`t think I`ll listen to any music while they are working on me.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5966|Washington DC

Ryan wrote:

GR34 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Well I am rbing my iPod, and I`m going to watch I Am Legend again while I wait, but I don`t think I`ll listen to any music while they are working on me.
watch the Lightning Strikes music video for the whole operation. After that, the pain from where your teeth were will be insignificant compared to hearing Klaus Nomi's shriek.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6450|The Land of Scott Walker
It wasn't that bad for me.  Followed the instruction sheet they gave me and I was fine.  Didn't even need the stronger pain meds the 2nd day after they were pulled.  Keep gauze on it til the bleeding subsides, do NOT use a straw, eat soft foods for as long as possible.  You'll be fine, just follow their instructions to the letter.
TGMaverick
+16|6235

Ryan wrote:

I had one surgically removed about 6 months ago.  Once the anesthesia and pain killers wore off that afternoon, I was hurtin'.  The one they removed was completely impacted and they had to cut my gumline open to help remove it.  I think I had like 3 stiches.

The best advice is to follow their instructions/directions to the letter!  No solid food at least until the bleeding stops.  I think it was somewhere around 2 weeks later until I was eating "normal" food again.  But thankfully I avoided dry sockets.

GL.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6746|FUCK UBISOFT

Ryan your so young, i got mine pulled last year. I ended up getting really sick afterwards for like 2 weeks, puked a lot, that sort of thing. It sucked.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Ryan

I can see my wisdom teeth poking out. They are going to make a tiny incision, pull it out, and put one stitch in my gum. (one on each of the 4 areas).

I leave in about 1 hour, I hope I'll survive :p
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6498|N. Ireland
Don't worry about it! I'm sure it will go like a breeze if you can already see it poking out. At least it isn't on its side then Speak to you in a few hours I guess then! Be sure to tell us how it went.
Ryan

Ah, finally, it's over. I got back a few hours ago. I just layed on my bed for awhile and watched TV. Fell asleep for 30 minutes, than came down and ate some pudding. Now I'm here.

It went alright, but the pulling and pressure on my jaw and skull was harsh. It hurt quite a bit. Thanks for your guys' luck, I used it and pushed through like a trooper.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6450|The Land of Scott Walker
Woohoo pudding!  Milk the pain for all it's worth and make people serve you.
Ryan

Stingray24 wrote:

What do you think I`m doing!
I`m sitting here in my housecoat, relaxing.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6294|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Ryan wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

What do you think I`m doing!
I`m sitting here in my housecoat, relaxing.

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Ryan

Too bad I can`t eat meatloaf yet.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6527
i don't know how you're awake. i was out all day i think
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6746|FUCK UBISOFT

ig wrote:

i don't know how you're awake. i was out all day i think
yeah, they put me out and i woke up like 5 hours later.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard