Giant_Squid500
+5|6681|U.S.A.
I don't know everything the patch changed but I have a feeling it made pistols weaker.

I swear since this patch people i've shot have survived entire magazines of pistol fire.  Like today I was a sniper on Karkand and was running to a sniping position when I encountered an enemy. I whipped out my pistol and fired every round in the magazine, and I would say all but two hit him. How do I know I hit him each time, well, I saw the dust fly off of his chest, face and eyeballs, each time I pulled the trigger he would jolt and dust would fly off of him.
And then he just brushes it off and shoots me with a three round burst and I die. WTF.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6658
how long have you been playing this game?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS
Uh, it's a pistol...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Defiance
+438|6680

This is what I think happened:

G36C: Weaker
Pistols: Same
G36E: ZOMG TEH RAWK.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6758|Mark it zero.
the pistol is still the same. but tons of people have been having problems with the hitboxes since the new patch came out... so maybe that was the problem.
Dilbert2468
+6|6749|Australia
to me it feels the same, but in game people have been saying it is weaker.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6729
I've noticed no difference. I think it would have been in the changelog, y'know? Only the L85, the support primary weapons, the sniper primary weapons, the grenade launchers, the G3 and the MP7 got changed (of the infantry weapons). I do think it's pretty funny how after a patch everyone complains about aspects of the game they're sure have been changed because they now have an alternate explanation for their ingame death.
Orion5413
+4|6696|Irving Tx
pistol works fine just got my vet pistol tonight on warlord....woo hoo....Now if i can just figure out how to throw/stab with the ruddy knife...hmmmm next patch i am going to ask for a magic knif that i can throw and always hit my target and then have it returne to my hand...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6746

Orion5413, you have been playing too much Prince of Persia.

Nothing wrong with the pistol! I need a few good headshot to kill someone, and if they don't cooperate (read: die) I'll give them some M11-87 to reconsider.
schakl
+21|6698
Maybe he was an assault or antitank, they diggest lots of pistol bullets.
maclennan101
+2|6746
Pistols not changed at all, Just aim for the head & legs
chinesemaster006
+3|6689
HMMM.
I think after 15 bullets anyone should die, but in the case of BF2 it doesn't seem like it.
And don't tell me " This is just a game" cuz EA is trying to make it more "realistic".
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6748

chinesemaster006 wrote:

HMMM.
I think after 15 bullets anyone should die, but in the case of BF2 it doesn't seem like it.
And don't tell me " This is just a game" cuz EA is trying to make it more "realistic".
ZOMG, no!  50 cent was shot 50 times in real life and lived.  Pistols are teh weak.
persnickadee
+0|6670

chinesemaster006 wrote:

HMMM.
says it all
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6726|Riva, MD
I've noticed this too.  I think it's extremely unfair and unrealistic.  The pistol was fine the way it was in 1.12.
Giant_Squid500
+5|6681|U.S.A.

Kamikaze17 wrote:

the pistol is still the same. but tons of people have been having problems with the hitboxes since the new patch came out... so maybe that was the problem.
That sounds about right.  Because sometimes when I shot the guy it didn't seem to affect him that much, meaning I didn't see him jolt.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6761
G36C aint weaker. Its all because PKM is srtonger. Close combat for SpecOps is a suicide now. I like M4 anyway.
Giant_Squid500
+5|6681|U.S.A.
I think the PKM is where it should be now, I mean at least Support class has a purpose other than ammo bitch.
ComradeWho
+50|6704|Southern California
pistol feels exactly the same for me, and i've used it a lot. in fact i have like the 250th most pistol kills in the world, so take my word on it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard