HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC
It's quite the paradox. GameStop's store policy is that they only sell M-rated games to people 17 and older. I'm 16 right now.

Would they not employ simply because of this? Or would it be like in some states where, with the proper license, people 19 and older (in the US) can serve alcohol at restaurants?

Also, I know GameStop is a nazi corporation blah blah blah, but as a 16 year old looking for his first job I don't have much room to pick and choose.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6493
why don't you call and find out?
Hakei
Banned
+295|5966
Better still:

1. Go to local branch.
2. Ask if you're old enough.
3. ????
4. Profit!

Who is going to know on this forum about your store's policy?
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6553|MANCHESTERRR

Hakei wrote:

Better still:

1. Go to local branch.
3. ????
4. Profit!

number 3 is to actually gt a job.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England

pers0nah wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Better still:

1. Go to local branch.
3. ????
4. Profit!

Number 3 could be anything.

Anything
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6620|Washington DC

Well, the employment application asks "Are you at least 16 years old?" ....

http://careers.gamestop.com/Careers/con … cation.pdf

And, take a look at the last question on this FAQ:

http://careers.gamestop.com/Careers/FAQ.aspx
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6168|Winland

I'm gonna call you and ask for battletoads.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5902|Somewhere out in Space

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I'm gonna call you and ask for battletoads.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia

Mek-Izzle wrote:

pers0nah wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Better still:

1. Go to local branch.
3. ????
4. Profit!

Anything
ANYTHING?!?!?!
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6567|England

HurricaИe wrote:

It's quite the paradox. GameStop's store policy is that they only sell M-rated games to people 17 and older. I'm 16 right now.

Would they not employ simply because of this? Or would it be like in some states where, with the proper license, people 19 and older (in the US) can serve alcohol at restaurants?

Also, I know GameStop is a nazi corporation blah blah blah, but as a 16 year old looking for his first job I don't have much room to pick and choose.
I'd hate to live in a country where you have to be 21 to legally purchase alcohol.

God bless England haha.

Anyways, working at 16 is hardly worth it. Mmm minimum wage <3
topthrill05
+125|6548|Rochester NY USA
I asked them for the hell of it once and they told me 18.

Go for a foods job. You won't have any issues finding one of those.
BlackKoala
+215|6296
Yes, they do.  I got offered aj ob there last year but the hours were too fucked for me to bother.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6561|Reisterstown, MD

Technically, they employ 18 year old peeps but really, they hire people who are 21 and above.  I would assume it is to keep the "kids" from stealing from them but then again, anyone can take a game from GS no matter the age.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Out of curiosity, I called my local gamestop and asked them when they hired. They said 17.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

NeXuS4909 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

pers0nah wrote:

Anything
ANYTHING?!?!?!
Theres a 3.1 Clause stating if you're Nexus, step 3 means go get aids.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC

rh27 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

I'd hate to live in a country where you have to be 21 to legally purchase alcohol.

God bless England haha.

Money is money...
OrangeHound

HurricaИe wrote:

rh27 wrote:

Money is money...
Actually, the experience one gets at an entry-level job is incredibly valuable ... and, yeah, the money is good thing too.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC

OrangeHound wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

rh27 wrote:

Money is money...
Actually, the experience one gets at an entry-level job is incredibly valuable ... and, yeah, the money is good thing too.
Not to mention that I will probably make minimum wage regardless of where I work because it'd be my first real job
Jackabo
+127|6529|Dublin, Ireland
FOR FUCK SAKE WHY DO PEOPLE GO TO THIS FORUM FOR EVERY QUESTION. 'OH BF2S HOW DO I WIPE MY ASS'. I'm sick of these useless threads. Instead of asking people on a forum who would probably have absolutely NO idea, why don't you ring them up.
OrangeHound

Jackabo wrote:

FOR FUCK SAKE WHY DO PEOPLE GO TO THIS FORUM FOR EVERY QUESTION. 'OH BF2S HOW DO I WIPE MY ASS'. I'm sick of these useless threads. Instead of asking people on a forum who would probably have absolutely NO idea, why don't you ring them up.
You mean like, "How often do you clean your room?"

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

OrangeHound wrote:

Jackabo wrote:

PWNT
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
my local gamestop stores the employees talk about WoW everytime I go.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland

OrangeHound wrote:

Jackabo wrote:

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon

kylef wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Jackabo wrote:

buuuuuuuuuurn
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
VicktorVauhn
+319|6363|Southern California

Miggle wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Jackabo wrote:

PWNT
Not really though.
I agree with him completely but notice it more on automotive forums.

"How often do you clean your room" is a discussion. Where would you go to find the answer to that? There is no correct answer.

"Will game stop hire me" is a yes no question, with a definite answer...One that isn't on the forums.

We can discuss how often to clean your room, I just clean a thing or two when I notice it rather then stopping and doing a full room clean on a given day. He cleans every third friday, Freezer doesn't clean ever, they clean constantly...

This thread is about if the game stop in his town will hire him at 16...It has one answer, and the only person that can offer more then a guess is the store he wants to work at.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard