Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York
Well, recently I just completed two pretty major flights - one which I'll actually be doing in 2010 (as part of a school program). What I'm wondering is: How many successful flights have you made? And I'm talking correct take-off, correct landing, correct taxiing.

Here's mine:

Departing AirportBrookhaven Calabro (Long Island, NY)John F. Kennedy Intl. (Jamaica, NY)Farmingdale Republic Airport (Long Island, NY)
Arriving AirportHartford-Brainard (Hartford, CT)Logan Intl. (Boston, Mass.)Burlington Intl. (Burlington, Vermont)
Plane usedCessna 172Boeing 747-400Cessna Caravan
Weather/TimeClear/DaySnowing/NightClear/Night

The one I'm actually going to be doing is the first one, btw.

Use this for your table.

Code:

[table]
[tr]
[th]Departing Airport[/th]
[td]1[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]3[/td]
[tr]
[th]Arriving Airport[/th]
[td]1[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]3[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[th]Plane used[/th]
[td]1[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]3[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[th]Weather[/th]
[td]1[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]3[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-03-20 17:56:03)

cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.
I don't play the game, but in real life those would be fairly short flights. Are they more impressive in the game? Can you fly from West Coast to East Coast, or even US to somewhere in Europe for instance? Or is it that two of them are Cessna's that make them major flights?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

cablecopulate wrote:

I don't play the game, but in real life those would be fairly short flights. Are they more impressive in the game? Can you fly from West Coast to East Coast, or even US to somewhere in Europe for instance? Or is it that two of them are Cessna's that make them major flights?
I'm just talking about successful flights from airports pretty far away from each other, I.E. more than 30 minutes flight time.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-03-20 19:10:24)

ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6647
I've done a lot. Just don't remember them all. I take off with ATC and land using all the proper techniques and ATC. It's pretty fun doing it the right way. I was flying in formation with a C-17 and another F-18. It was super fun.
aimless
+166|6132|Texas
I tried flying from Australia to Alaska, but I got bored and quit when I was halfway over the Pacific.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6331|New Haven, CT
Does flying from Sevastopol to Krasnodar in Lock-On count? I landed successfully.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

aimless wrote:

I tried flying from Australia to Alaska, but I got bored and quit when I was halfway over the Pacific.
You know you can speed up the simulation, right? You could probably do that flight in 15 minutes if you sped up the simulation.
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

I went from my grandfathers runway VA80 to Richmond international, in a plane thats close to his. Long flights are hard to hold my attention.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6449|SoCal
Autopilot FTW.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

geNius wrote:

Autopilot FTW.

If it weren't for autopilot, I don't know what I'd do. So useful in the 747-400. 300 knots, 20K feet...and I'm set.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6559|Scotland
I like to make the plane crash = /
GR34
+215|6552|ALBERTA> CANADA
Can u do mid air refueling? If you can try to fly an plane around the world then land in antarctic
geNius
..!.,
+144|6449|SoCal

Poseidon wrote:

geNius wrote:

Autopilot FTW.

If it weren't for autopilot, I don't know what I'd do. So useful in the 747-400. 300 knots, 20K feet...and I'm set.
Indeed.  I need food/Jack time while I travel.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

GR34 wrote:

Can u do mid air refueling? If you can try to fly an plane around the world then land in antarctic
Not in FSX Vanilla, no. Not in FSX Acceleration either...I think. I don't have it yet. However, I'm pretty sure there's a third party add-on which does allow that for the F/A-18.

Wait, yeah. There is:

https://www.simflight.com/~reviews/com-Herc/Herc_review/images/cs/herc_review/Herc_refuel_01.jpg

White-Fusion wrote:

I like to make the plane crash = /
TERRORIST!

geNius wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

geNius wrote:

Autopilot FTW.

Indeed.  I need food/Jack time while I travel.
"This is *ungh* Charlie Delta Foxtrot Niner Niner *ungh* requesting Class D Airspace *ungh* transition *ungh ungh*"

"Please repeat, CDF99"

"OH SHIT IT EXPLODED EVERYWHERE"
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6692|Espoo, Finland

Poseidon wrote:

geNius wrote:

Autopilot FTW.

That's a weird altitude and speed for a commercial jet.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Gawwad wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

geNius wrote:

Autopilot FTW.

Yeah but FSX goes weird on me if I go above 400 knots. I know the cruising speed is like...what, 500 knots I think? And the ceiling's something like 45K. But, I'm not looking to do a COMPLETE simulation just yet.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6700|England

Poseidon wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah but FSX goes weird on me if I go above 400 knots. I know the cruising speed is like...what, 500 knots I think? And the ceiling's something like 45K. But, I'm not looking to do a COMPLETE simulation just yet.
When you go above 18,000 feet you switch to the mach speeds  as knots no longer really applies above that alt. In the 744 you wanna fly at around 34,000 and Mach 0.84 (which is around 500 knots).

BTW here is my table of my three favourite long-haul flights

Departing AirportKLAX (Los Angeles Intl)EGLL (Heathrow)KLAX (Los Angeles Intl)
Arriving AirportKLAS (McCurran Intl. (Las Vegas))KBOS (Logan Intl.)PHNL (Honolulu Intl)
Plane used737-800PMDG 747-400PMDG 747-400/td]
WeatherReal-world Weather (Light rain)Real-world Weather (Light clouds with gentle winds)Real-world Weather (Stormy with light fog)

Last edited by Shadow893 (2008-03-24 03:25:19)

aimless
+166|6132|Texas

Poseidon wrote:

aimless wrote:

You know you can speed up the simulation, right? You could probably do that flight in 15 minutes if you sped up the simulation.
Really? How do I do that?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6851|Reykjavík, Iceland.
NONE lol, I landed a 747 too fast at LAX, full flaps, airbrake, wheel brakes, thrust to maximum reverse, I still went off the end of the runway
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6748|OctoLand
Departing AirportLondon GatwickV.C Bird IntlGrantley Adams Intl
Arriving AirportV.C Bird IntlGrantley Adams Intl.Miami Intl
Plane used747-400Dash-8-300777-200
WeatherClearClearClear

I've made loaaads more (short ones, island hopping), but these are the ones I do most often.
I know fucking karate

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard