Poll

How'd you feel if they built a Mosque in your negihborhood?

I'd be mad and I'd complain about it14%14% - 48
I wouldn't care tbh55%55% - 184
I think it would improve the neighborhood2%2% - 9
Fuck Islam27%27% - 91
Total: 332
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6791|PNW

There's a few mosques here and there in western Washington, and you don't hear much about them. Makes me jump to the conclusion that the people going to them pretty much want to mind their own business and live their lives in peace. Which is find with me, as long as the buildings aren't harboring illegal arms, aliens, or, again, blasting prayers across neighborhoods.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-03-21 05:02:14)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

...So a mosque that'll take up a space of maybe not even 100 feet by 100 feet is going to make your neighborhood look like the middle east?

Oh, okay.

And not wanting their religion around you means...you have a phobia of them.
been to Minneapolis or Columbus Ohio lately?

Nope, a phobia is a fear...I do not fear them, I have a personal preference and a choice, and I choose not live amongst them...I know I know, that makes me a racist. Fine, then I will join the other racists that live in all other ethnic communities that choose to live with their own people. Harlem, Chinatown, Little Havana, Little Italy, Little Korea, Little Greece. etc......or I am the only racist because I choose to live among other white people?
So basically, the Germans desire to "not want to live amongst the jews" was justified? Because you're taking up the same ideologies of Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich's desire for that.

Good. Game.

Big difference with those places - people there won't care if a white person moves into Harlem, a Black person moves into Little Italy, etc. It's not like those people are like "I don't want to live near white people". They simply want to be near more of their own. You know, as they are after all a minority.

You, however, find it so stressful to live among muslims just because of what they believe.
Ahhhhh, here we go again with the your the spawn of Hitler bulldhit . Are you really gunna compare me to Hitler because I do not want any Mosques built in my nieghborhood ans I choose not to live in a mostly ME'ern community ? Pretty damned desperate comparission to try and make a point I would say.

NO it is the same thing, any black person that moves into a mostly white nieghborhood is not murdered or harrassed, any more than a whiye person moving into a black nieghborhood would be. It all comes down to personal choice and by you saying there is a "big difference" pretty much admits that every other race is allowed that choice except white people. If white people do it, we are bigots. That my friend makes you the bigger racist. Congrats.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

djphetal wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, a phobia is a fear...I do not fear them, I have a personal preference and a choice, and I choose not live amongst them...I know I know, that makes me a racist. Fine, then I will join the other racists that live in all other ethnic communities that choose to live with their own people. Harlem, Chinatown, Little Havana, Little Italy, Little Korea, Little Greece. etc......or I am the only racist because I choose to live among other white people?
I think it just boils down to personal choice. It's unconstitutional and unfair not to allow the building of a mosque in one's neighborhood simply on religious grounds...
However, it is your right to move away, hold silent contempt, and speak on the internet as much as you want... But a line would be drawn if you verbally or physically abused anyone as a result of your beliefs.
So, if you feel strongly enough to move away from the mosque, then that's your choice, but you simply can't argue that they should not be allowed to build one.

Lowing, you're arguing technicalities now... based on your statements that we've all seen for quite a while now, you exhibit phobic tendencies regarding Islam, whether or not your actions show a literal, word-for-word "phobia" of them.
1. I agree 100%

2. I do not like asperagaus either, but I contend I do not have a phobia against it. It is not a phobia, that is YOUR word, it is a choice, and I do not like this religion.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6587|NYC / Hamburg

There is a mosque less than 100m away from where my grandma lives. I actually like it. The people are nice and they don't ring any bells like the Christians do (Stupid bells always wake me up). Also right by the mosque there is some turk with a small supermarket that is open 24/7. It's a muslim Kwik-E-Mart
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Obvious to whom?
Everyone but you apparently.
If you can not show me where those events were carried out by extremists, then you have no reason to believe or argue they were, so why not stop with the bullshit circle jerk?
Well, I can name at least ten Muslim people off the top of my head that would not take part in, and do not condone terrorist attacks, and the hundreds of Muslims that go to said mosque haven't done anything save a peaceful anti-Israel picket protest about a year ago, yet all these people still hold on to their Islamic religion. I would consider them moderates. The people killing over it, I would consider them extremists.
well I guess 10 outta 1.5 billion is a start huh?

I do notice that a protest against an entire people is allowed in this tolerant and peaceful religion. Good stuff. But hey, I am the racist.

Last edited by lowing (2008-03-21 06:00:17)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

التعريفات wrote:

sit down lowing. Btw, id like you to prove that Islam is based around intolerance and hate.
yer kiddin' right??? howa 'bout you pick up a paper or turn on the fuckin' TV once in awhile. Hell, pick up the Koran and read the word of Islams teacher. You will know who he is, he is the guy that personally beheaded over 600 people.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Obvious to whom?
Everyone but you apparently.
Hate to break this to you, lowing, but you are not everyone. And not everyone thinks like you.
No kiddin'

Tell me the last time you purposely drove into a ME'ern neighborhood looking for a house. Or maybe you are not even old enough yet, how about your parents?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

التعريفات wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

he doesnt need to prove it, he just needs to call everyone dirty muslim loving liberals who are destorying the greatest democracy and country in the world (apparantly america but id say that debateable )
what are you trying to say?
1. lowing say alot of stupid things
2. he makes no reasonable argument of his own
3. thinks america is the only country in the world (no trying to rag out on america here)
4. I guess im gonna get massivly flamed now .... *sigh*

[flamesuit]
Neh, I ain't gunna flame ya, you are entitled to your opinions. You simply are not worth responding to. and since I do not recognize your name, apparently you never have been.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Islam teaches and practices hate and intolerance.
If you don't want to be called a bigot, prove that opinion.
That opinion is bigoted. Simple as.

Since it is an utterly subjective statement it is unprovable and only shows to highlight the authors prejudices, prejudices that make him a bigot.

The definition of a bigot is:
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
Being utterly intolerant of Islam makes one a bigot.
and what of being utterly intolerant of

Jews
women
gays
whites
infidels
etc....

ut oh, it is getting pretty damned crowded in here. DO not call me a bigot because I do not tolerate intolerance.

Berster, you better be telling me that your last house purchase was purposely sought for  and bought in a mostly black, hispanic or ME'ern nieghborhood or you can join me wearng this bigot label.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

You suspect.

I.e. it's your opinion that they're not extremists.

Could it be that you have no idea whether they're extremists or not and you're simply labelling them as non-extremist in order to justify your belief that Islam is at it's heart violent and evil?
The notion that the rioters ( all over the ME ) were everyday people living their everyday lives, and the fact that no extremist groups claimed "responsibility" for the rioting, suggests they were not extremists in general. Just a shit load of Muslims pissed off over cartoons.
Mmm, with words like suspect or suggest you wouldn't win in a court.
You are getting pretty damned desporate for an argument if you are trying to tell me to PROVE that the rioters and protesters ALL ovever the world were not extremist. You know it and I know it. SO stop with the witness chair routine
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6777|Argentina

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Since it is an utterly subjective statement it is unprovable and only shows to highlight the authors prejudices, prejudices that make him a bigot.

Jews
women
gays
whites blacks
infidels
etc....

ut oh, it is getting pretty damned crowded in here. DO not call me a bigot because I do not tolerate intolerance.

Berster, you better be telling me that your last house purchase was purposely sought for  and bought in a mostly black, hispanic or ME'ern nieghborhood or you can join me wearng this bigot label.
I fixed that one for you and what do we get there?  Ultracoservative Christians.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-03-21 06:19:56)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6562|Texas - Bigger than France
cripes.  i thought it was a simple yes or no question.  what's to argue?  either your okay with it or you are not.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Jews
women
gays
whites blacks
infidels
etc....

I fixed that one for you and what do we get there?  Ultracoservative Christians.
Oh, thanks for fixing that for me Serge, I guess what you are saying is there is not bigotry against whites then?

Need I remind you that I am not a Christian?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6777|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jews
women
gays
whites blacks
infidels
etc....

Oh, thanks for fixing that for me Serge, I guess what you are saying is there is not bigotry against whites then?

Need I remind you that I am not a Christian?
Neither Am I.  We don't belong to any Religion, yet we hold very different views about this issue.  There is some bigotry within Islam, but there also is some within other Religions, that was my point.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6365
I'd not like to see a mosque, close to where I live, built. I'm just being honest with myself. I just don't feel like it's the right place to build them contrary to christian church.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6557|Long Island, New York

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

been to Minneapolis or Columbus Ohio lately?

So basically, the Germans desire to "not want to live amongst the jews" was justified? Because you're taking up the same ideologies of Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich's desire for that.

Good. Game.

Big difference with those places - people there won't care if a white person moves into Harlem, a Black person moves into Little Italy, etc. It's not like those people are like "I don't want to live near white people". They simply want to be near more of their own. You know, as they are after all a minority.

You, however, find it so stressful to live among muslims just because of what they believe.
Ahhhhh, here we go again with the your the spawn of Hitler bulldhit . Are you really gunna compare me to Hitler because I do not want any Mosques built in my nieghborhood ans I choose not to live in a mostly ME'ern community ? Pretty damned desperate comparission to try and make a point I would say.

NO it is the same thing, any black person that moves into a mostly white nieghborhood is not murdered or harrassed, any more than a whiye person moving into a black nieghborhood would be. It all comes down to personal choice and by you saying there is a "big difference" pretty much admits that every other race is allowed that choice except white people. If white people do it, we are bigots. That my friend makes you the bigger racist. Congrats.
My "hitler bullshit"? I think I've mentioned Hitler maybe twice in D&ST in my almost 2 years of being on BF2s...I'm not COMPARING you to Hitler, I'm saying you share the same ideologies of him. Which you do. You don't want to live amongst a type of people because of what they live in. That is EXACTLY what Hitler wanted. Do you need me to prove it to you?

https://www.kumah.org/uploaded_images/juden-708101.jpg

These are signs that were posted on public and private property in Germany. "Jews not wanted here", it says. Change it to "Muslims not wanted here", and I've pretty much got your desires dead-on.

I have a (white) friend who moved to NYC and eventually moved into Harlem. He's doing just fine, thanks. Obviously you missed what I said - I said white people can move into areas like Little Italy, Harlem etc and people there don't "want them out" like you do. And if they do, they're just as much of a bigot as you are. If a black person in Harlem moved out of Harlem because a white person lived next door to them, then they're EXACTLY like you. A racist and a bigot. I think you've come to the conclusion that I make exceptions for minorities, which I don't. Also as I said, you just like the minorities can move into a more "white" area to be with more of your own. Feel free! THAT doesn't make you a racist or a bigot, it's the fact that you don't WANT to be near anything muslim just because of what they believe.

How exactly does that make me the bigger racist? Not once did I say it's okay for a black person to do the same. I don't care who the fuck lives near me as long as they don't cause trouble.

You're xenophobic and scared of Muslims because you probably listen to Fox News 24/7, lowing. That's the bottom line. Really, is having one of THESE in your neighborhood going to make it look "middle eastern"?

https://www.think-israel.org/mar06pix/ys.MosqueJonesboroAR.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6641|London, England
I think it's hilarious how a grown man is so scared of Muslims. I mean, I hate Islam too (I voted last option), but I have nothing against ordinary Muslims. And I'm definitely not scared of them like you seem to be.

Perhaps it's because we actually have Muslims in this area and the only experience you have of them is from Fox News and some time at a Military Base in Iraq
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6438|Florida
lol, a mosque wouldn't last 5 minutes in my area, the rednecks would come come out of the woods and burn it down.
Mr Caek
You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
+12|6019|Lincoln, UK
If we can't build churches there, they shouldn't build mosques here.

Islamic ignorance ftl.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6649|Mexifornia, USA
I'd go in there wearing one of two of my favorite shirts
https://usmcshop.grunt.com/prodimg/TS674c.jpg
or
https://usmcshop.grunt.com/prodimg/TS718a.jpg
The writing on the bottom says Infidel, to avoid confusion.

Just so they know I'm around...

and lol @ singlemuslim.com ad..
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5994|England

id terrorise it
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6601|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Jews
women
gays
whites
infidels
etc....

Yup, all of those things would make one a bigot (although for me being intolerant of whites and infidels wouldn't count, because they are not differing creeds, beliefs or opinions).

Actually, I do live in a mostly black neighbourhood. I live near Peckham (New Cross is where I actually live) in South London, it is a very cosmopolitan society and I like it that way.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-03-21 10:32:07)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6539|Πάϊ
I'd complain same as I would if it were a church with fucking bells and everything.
ƒ³
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6168|Estonia
c4
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6473|The Twilight Zone
They wanna build one in our capitol, couple miles away from me. So the Muslims can pray the say. They can go pray in their country. First its gonna be one mosque then another and so on until we have more mosques than Christian churches. I say NO!
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard