Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5905|MN
anyone else heard the latest scheme by the Democrats .. since HILLERY is way behind and Barrack is losing points every second . Now the Party is considering putting Gore in and with Barrack as VP.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6640|Amsterdam, NY
wut
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
Would you care to provide a source for that? (other than Rush Limbaugh)
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5905|MN
Fox News .. but it was from the mouth of democrats
Turquoise
O Canada
Al Gore has already said numerous times on various shows that he will NOT run this year.

This is like those rumors that Ron Paul will run for the Libertarian ticket.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

Turquoise wrote:

This is like those rumors that Ron Paul will run for the Libertarian ticket.
But he will.
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5905|MN

sergeriver wrote:

http://www.algore.org/
its written there!!!! i just read it ...
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6762|San Antonio, Texas
This would never happen.
Turquoise
O Canada
OMG! You're so right...  Christopher Walken is running too!!!!  http://www.walken2008.com/

People may WANT Gore to run, but unless he's had a MAJOR change of heart, he's not going to run.  You guys just linked a petition site.  So, maybe some Democrats want Gore to run, but that doesn't necessary mean he will.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Turquoise wrote:

OMG! You're so right...  Christopher Walken is running too!!!!  http://www.walken2008.com/

People may WANT Gore to run, but unless he's had a MAJOR change of heart, he's not going to run.  You guys just linked a petition site.  So, maybe some Democrats want Gore to run, but that doesn't necessary mean he will.
I was told about this site by a friend of mine who is American and supports Gore.  The link was just to show you what some Dems think about this race.
Turquoise
O Canada
Some Democrats may dream of having Gore in there, but any realist should know that this is far too late in the game.

Gore is definitely intelligent, and I like many of his ideas, but he's not a very electable person.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Turquoise wrote:

Some Democrats may dream of having Gore in there, but any realist should know that this is far too late in the game.

Gore is definitely intelligent, and I like many of his ideas, but he's not a very electable person.
He would have been electable joining earlier, now it would seem like a desperate act and it would give the victory to McCain.
=DB4D=Slight
+8|6187
so how does this work then? Can the candidate pick anyone they like to run for VP or what? I mean , I know they are going to pick someone who will do them a favour and help get them elected and that, but can Hillary / Obama / McCain just choose whoever. Like, say, could Hilary pick Bill (not that she would).....
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

so how does this work then? Can the candidate pick anyone they like to run for VP or what? I mean , I know they are going to pick someone who will do them a favour and help get them elected and that, but can Hillary / Obama / McCain just choose whoever. Like, say, could Hilary pick Bill (not that she would).....
What if she picks Bill and then she resigns?  Then you get 4 more years of Bill.  Is that possible?

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-03-20 14:24:18)

jason85
Banned
+58|5999|Mesa, AZ

Turquoise wrote:

Yea, I have to agree with you. I think he is smart and he is definitely doing something good for the world, but I can't see him as President. I'd think his speeches would sound something like this:

"Blah blah blah...Global warming...Blah blah blah...Toyota Prius....Blah blah blah...Emissions testing...blah blah blah... Manbearpig."

Not electable at all.
jason85
Banned
+58|5999|Mesa, AZ

sergeriver wrote:

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

What if she picks Bill and then she resigns?  Then you get 4 more years of Bill.  Is that possible?
No, I don't think it is. The longest anyone can be President now is 8 years, with the exception that they were VP before and the President died or resigned. Then they could be President for almost 12. The Constitution says that once someone has been elected to two consecutive terms they become ineligible to run again or be put in a position that could lead to him or her being President again.

Last edited by jason85 (2008-03-20 14:29:49)

AAFCptKabbom
+127|6660|WPB, FL. USA
Wishful thinking   ...and only seven more months of this...   Those silly Dem's.
Turquoise
O Canada

sergeriver wrote:

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

Technically, yes...  A running mate is chosen by the nominated candidate.  There is no primary for running mates.  Bill Clinton could run as a running mate because he is only blocked from holding more than 2 terms of the SAME office.  He hasn't been VP before.

EDIT: Note that Al Gore could NOT be anyone's running mate because of his 2 terms as VP.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-03-20 14:36:39)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Turquoise wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

Technically, yes...  A running mate is chosen by the nominated candidate.  There is no primary for running mates.  Bill Clinton could run as a running mate because he is only blocked from holding more than 2 terms of the SAME office.  He hasn't been VP before.

EDIT: Note that Al Gore could NOT be anyone's running mate because of his 2 terms as VP.
So, there's your answer.  Vote for Hillary, let her pick Bill as VP and then impeach her.  Problem solved.
Turquoise
O Canada

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

So, there's your answer.  Vote for Hillary, let her pick Bill as VP and then impeach her.  Problem solved.
There's a catch though...  Bill would be unable to hold the presidency for another full term, so before the end of the first term mentioned here, he would also have to resign.  Then, you'd have the Speaker of the House as president.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Turquoise wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

There's a catch though...  Bill would be unable to hold the presidency for another full term, so before the end of the first term mentioned here, he would also have to resign.  Then, you'd have the Speaker of the House as president.
Oh, is that so?  Well, then vote for Obama.
Ghandi767
+17|6624|Hanging in the Balance

Turquoise wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Bill in ineligible. Constitution says the VP must be eligible to hold Presidency. He could hold a spot in the Cabinet I believe, but would be passed over if by some mass assasination the chain of ascension came to his level.
Turquoise
O Canada

Ghandi767 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Bill in ineligible. Constitution says the VP must be eligible to hold Presidency. He could hold a spot in the Cabinet I believe, but would be passed over if by some mass assasination the chain of ascension came to his level.
I'm lazy...  Would you mind citing that?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland

Turquoise wrote:

I'm lazy...  Would you mind citing that?
You are either rich or on welfare. 

Why would someone do research for your benifit?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard