Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6372|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Cool. I didn't know that. So yep your right my original hypothesis goes out the window, but I've also been thinking, I try more challenging shots I will miss more, so theoretical whilst I perhaps miss more, the shots I get are more exciting on video. When I hit people with a bullet I don't miss...lol
SteikeTa
+153|6750|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
singlefrags.com?

nice music
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5921|Minneapolis, MN

nighthawk843 wrote:

Cool. I didn't know that. So yep your right my original hypothesis goes out the window, but I've also been thinking, I try more challenging shots I will miss more, so theoretical whilst I perhaps miss more, the shots I get are more exciting on video. When I hit people with a bullet I don't miss...lol
I kind of figured that's why your accuracy went down, from doing more challenging shots probably.  Do you just try the more challenging shots for the videos or do you actually do those because they are more effective?  Like how do you play when you aren't recording yourself?

Last edited by NUNYA! Bluecow003 (2008-03-15 14:39:20)

PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6193|Roma
wow, those graphs look depressing, even if they are only .001 steps
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Grimm-Void
+2|5893|Netherlands, The Hague
I dont get how u aim that fast, complete with headshot even on sprinting enemies
Collateralis
Beep bep.

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Do you just try the more challenging shots for the videos or do you actually do those because they are more effective?  Like how do you play when you aren't recording yourself?
I find dragshots are incredibly effective if your out in the open and wanting a quick kill, lining up takes too long. Similarly if your playing against other good snipers, dragshots are effective at 95% damage whilst on the move. I do dragshot when I'm not filming, I do all those shots in my videos as standard in normal play. I will line up when I'm trying to get my accuracy up Accuracy isn't so important to me in that I don't mind missing sometimes, as long as when I need that shot to count, it does. It's strange because I kill more now and I feel I'm much more accurate in game, yet my accuracy still drops. That said I do fire off my clip pretty quickly if I'm standing/prone/standing as I'm up for a split second to fire/aim. Doesn't always work but you can only work at it and try to improve.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng
Nice video dude, even if Wolfer is so far up your ass he can spit out your mouth!

But yeah, nice. And Blucow, the accuracy will always go down when you do dragshots, because its hard to hit first time..
#rekt
Hakei
Banned
+295|5997

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

I mean I only have about 2400 kills with the Sniper rifle but yet my accuracy is even better than yours (44%) and you're supposed to be an uber-sniper, right?
As for uber-sniper.

Sniping isn't just about being accurate with your sniper rifle, anyone can sit back miles away from anything and snipe at stationary targets, staying still in one spot. waiting for the head to stop moving, lining it up and pulling the trigger. Say you earn a 3:1 KD ratio off of this.

Now, take someone else who is playing as if he's a normal infantry, running around capping flags and drag shotting in CQC gets a 2.5 KD ratio.

In my opinion -- the second guy is the better sniper. Regardless of accuracy.
Barrakuda777
+86|6738|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Accuracy means exactly squat IMO. I would suggest that if a top quality sniper wanted to they could only take "safe" shots and get way above 60%, however the better you do become and the better your situational awareness is the more likely it becomes to be able to make more outrageous shots.

I consistently pop off 3 rounds with an SVD on targets that I have a very slim chance of hitting. I work to get into positions where I do have that chance and I convert a lot of the <5% chance shots into kills.

I cant speak for hawk, but I couldn't care less if Accuracy was declining so long as KD was increasing.

Nice Vid btw, you have some good skills.

Kooda
Collateralis
Beep bep.

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Accuracy means exactly squat IMO. I would suggest that if a top quality sniper wanted to they could only take "safe" shots and get way above 60%, however the better you do become and the better your situational awareness is the more likely it becomes to be able to make more outrageous shots.

I consistently pop off 3 rounds with an SVD on targets that I have a very slim chance of hitting. I work to get into positions where I do have that chance and I convert a lot of the <5% chance shots into kills.

I cant speak for hawk, but I couldn't care less if Accuracy was declining so long as KD was increasing.
Agreed in all instances.
AKSnipes
+12|6304
Nice vid. I liked this one more so than your last one. Like i said for the trailer of this movie, i could see what was going on. Music was a good choice aswell. All around a great video. You should be expecting your cookie in the post soon, but for now, a little karma shall do nicely? +1
Wolf21
+1|5894
I dont understand?! Why are you arguing? All that nighthawk did was showing you guys that he is good sniper! Whats wrong there? If you dont like his style, spam his xfire or spam his mail. All he did was show some people how he plays and he wanted to learn others how to play---if you didnt see in movie it contains valuable info on tactic and how and when to shoot.

I can say THANK YOU because that movie is the reason i started to snipe better in last few weeks.
hintakaari
+113|5941
Lol i didnt notice that this was released. It was good, i liked it! And i like ur smooth mouse moving my hand havent been that steady lately so sniping start to be hard :S Still i own but not so good D

Filefront is down 24/7 so put ur vids to http://www.gamerztheatre.com/  . Quality stay as it is, if your videos are Divx
Sarciss
The Hunter
+163|6341|Too late for you to know...

LoL!  Accuracy BS rears it's ugly head.  I always shoot at objects for fun and practice which, OH NOOOOOOEESSSS, makes my accuracy DIVE BOMB down to 40%.

Hmmmmm.... jeez I must miss more than half my targets due to a stat on a page.  Let's NOT talk about how I spent 2 weeks straight shooting barrels and jet skies on Iron Gator to learn how to drag shoot.  Were talking hours a day shooting the whole round at objects = misses = my low hit percent.  I still shoot objects for fun and to practice my ACCURACY before playing against pple on Pubs.

Cmon, judging a sniper by his Accuracy rating is so pointless because it itself is inaccurate.

Sarciss spoke, nuff said, end of story.  LuLz

Last edited by Sarciss (2008-03-19 15:54:42)

hintakaari
+113|5941
yea. i  usually shoot wall or something before going to kill ppl. i dont care a shit about my accuracy And how can i learn some really hard shots if i only think about my accuracy? "damn too hard shot for me, i miss anyway. i rather shoot that guy whos not moving"

I think u have to play with someone to see is he good or not. But everybody have bad days too

lelzomgzomg! damn sarciss! u have 1500h as sniper lol. never looked that before ;D i have "only" ~650h (550 with rifle)

Last edited by hintakaari (2008-03-19 12:31:09)

NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5921|Minneapolis, MN
I just thought his accuracy was interesting that's all.  I was merely alluding to the fact that he puts these videos out that are purely about skill (well and just making a cool video too), then scrutiny should be expected, that's all.  I don't know why everyone gets so bent out of shape and Nighthawk seems to understand where I was coming from at this point.  It's in the past, big deal.

(I do have to admit though, I may have been just venting a little that I've seen many, many sniper videos and I was getting a little tired of people gushing over them every time they come out.  At this point, I've seen all the skill videos I can handle and it's nice to see more creative or unique videos I guess.  Anyway, it's a fine example of a well made sniper video.)
Collateralis
Beep bep.

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

I just thought his accuracy was interesting that's all.  I was merely alluding to the fact that he puts these videos out that are purely about skill (well and just making a cool video too), then scrutiny should be expected, that's all.  I don't know why everyone gets so bent out of shape and Nighthawk seems to understand where I was coming from at this point.  It's in the past, big deal.

(I do have to admit though, I may have been just venting a little that I've seen many, many sniper videos and I was getting a little tired of people gushing over them every time they come out.  At this point, I've seen all the skill videos I can handle and it's nice to see more creative or unique videos I guess.  Anyway, it's a fine example of a well made sniper video.)
Ye. I gotta say I've never fussed over accuracy. I really do try any shot possible, even if the chance of getting it is really slim. I also think my SVD craziness a while bk didn't help my overall accuracy. That said, I'm now alot better with an SVD. Practice make perfect and the only way to improve is to use. I understand what you were getting at, it mystifies me but hey, my K/D is going up and I feel I'm improving with sniper, at least I hope so...after 550hrs if I still sucked I would probably give up BF2.

I also understand your comments about sniper videos IN GENERAL. Thats said there are many excellent videos out there, xkullx, hinataaki and Barrakuda included which go to show real talent and help up and coming sniper see the way to play. I don't feel that a frag video needs to necessarily be unique or creative as long as it serves a purpose to educate or to give enjoyment. If it does that, its a success. Putting effort into editing as well as the footage itself is key to serve both of those.

Last edited by nighthawk843 (2008-03-19 14:16:19)

NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5921|Minneapolis, MN
Yes, agree about the videos as educational.  It's good for new players.  I know when I was new, I would watch some skill videos and be in awe, but after playing for over 2 years, it's harder to find things I haven't seen.  Those Sir Community videos are the types of things I like to see.  You never know what they are going to put out.
Sarciss
The Hunter
+163|6341|Too late for you to know...

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Fair enough fair enough.  No worries.  Just wanted to shut down any idea that the Accuracy stat had some big importance. 

hintakaari wrote:

lelzomgzomg! damn sarciss! u have 1500h as sniper lol. never looked that before ;D i have "only" ~650h (550 with rifle)
  It's all I do.....LITERALLY.  The Medic Kit is the 2nd most used kit at a crushing 51 minutes from borrowing them for first aid LOL!!!  I've learned a few tricks here and there with the sniper kit.  =P
k.one
+22|6196|Finland

hintakaari wrote:

i have to lol nice sniper time there sarciss

but back to topic hey lorofwar why u havent show ur svd shooting in that vid
Collateralis
Beep bep.

k.one wrote:

Hey lorofwar why u havent show ur svd shooting in that vid
I must admit, I haven't played with the SVD properly for a while now, and I was worried the shots wouldn't be good enough. Some of the footage I had were streaks, but not as exciting as dragshots from an L96/M24. Maybe I should start using it more again...
k.one
+22|6196|Finland

nighthawk843 wrote:

k.one wrote:

Hey lorofwar why u havent show ur svd shooting in that vid
I must admit, I haven't played with the SVD properly for a while now, and I was worried the shots wouldn't be good enough. Some of the footage I had were streaks, but not as exciting as dragshots from an L96/M24. Maybe I should start using it more again...
hehe hey how about SVD and type88 dragshooting vid that would be really intresting
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6465|A W S M F O X

Hakei wrote:

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

I mean I only have about 2400 kills with the Sniper rifle but yet my accuracy is even better than yours (44%) and you're supposed to be an uber-sniper, right?
As for uber-sniper.

Sniping isn't just about being accurate with your sniper rifle, anyone can sit back miles away from anything and snipe at stationary targets, staying still in one spot. waiting for the head to stop moving, lining it up and pulling the trigger. Say you earn a 3:1 KD ratio off of this.

Now, take someone else who is playing as if he's a normal infantry, running around capping flags and drag shotting in CQC gets a 2.5 KD ratio.

In my opinion -- the second guy is the better sniper. Regardless of accuracy.
I do the second and get 5:1 easy.

The first I probably wont even die.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard